#2 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Cool. It actually made me wanna play TS again. You got any vids versus more experienced players?

#3 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

I have a few recorded games, but nothing special.
Two 1v1s of fjnecjgar vs me and a 2v2 kapa371 fjnecjgar vs nam3hider me (me being nod in that one)
I always thought recorded games with commentaries would help ts in many ways but I definitively don't have the time or motivation to do any.
Anyhow I would send it to anyone whos willing to do anything with it.
And if someone can help me with my connection id be willing to let anyone record me rape anyone 1v1 too. ;)

edit: I just found another 2v2 clan game of diego and me vs kush and imamarine (im assuming thats mike and c0rps but im not sure)
the biggest problem would be the size and length...
the 2v2 with fjne kapa and jake lasted 40 minutes. the game with diego is almost 20 minutes. The 1v1s are 11 min and 25 min.
I have two low quality videos of about 10 minutes too, one being a clanner of matt (summ3rsun) and me vs kush and darkmanx and the other is a ff 8r game.
None of those are spectator movies, its all me playing 1st person. That might not give a good view over the whole game but insight in my playing style and therefore be a decent training?
I cant believe I wrote so much about that now.. but tbh it felt good to see all those names again :D

Edited by ItsMeSeb, 10 November 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#4 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

I don't know what you mean by "willing to do anything with it". I wouldn't mind watching them if you send them or post them on YouTube though. I can record you if you like, just tell me when. What's wrong with your connection?

I've heard of that kapa guy, but not the others, I'm mainly a RA2 player. If you can upload them to mediafire or a similar file-hosting site that'd be great. As for uploading the 40 minute vids to YouTube, I'll see what I can do.

*EDIT: I just checked my YouTube account and yes I can upload long videos.

Edited by Fireworks, 10 November 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hi seb, neither me nor mike were kush or imamarine(huntmen). I play sometimes if i'm going to have a fun game with people from the online list, you should get on and vs me

ps, who is the commentator in this video? id love to help them out with some "****ing noob ****" he's done himself...

#6 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

<p>

I don't know what you mean by "willing to do anything with it".

well.. 40 minutes of watching someone play in first person without any sound is not really much fun. Someone could be willing to commentate on it though, that would make it worth watching if that person has some understanding of the game.

I wouldn't mind watching them if you send them or post them on YouTube though. I can record you if you like, just tell me when. What's wrong with your connection?

im just uploading on mediafire now.. thats going to take a while though. As for my connection.. Im clueless.. it just suddenly stopped working. I tried opening ports but they seem to be open already. Basically I can connect to xwis but not to any player.

#7 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

hahahaha, never mind, i know who it is ;). i should slap you for playing like that, you comedian...

#8 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

<p>Mate ive randomly recorded those games at least a year ago. How do you expect me to remember any details?

Edited by ItsMeSeb, 10 November 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#9 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

i don't, i was just telling you that it wasn't either of us, and you need to fix your **** connection problem m8. i'd like to see some games that trz recorded for youtube that were played vs me.

#10 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

well.. 40 minutes of watching someone play in first person without any sound is not really much fun.

Well for a noob like myself, I can probably learn a lot from watching a 40 min match. :D

As for my connection.. Im clueless.. it just suddenly stopped working. I tried opening ports but they seem to be open already. Basically I can connect to xwis but not to any player.

I had a similar problem about a year ago. It turned out that for some reason my TS nickname got deleted. All I had to do was make a new one and I was set. Have you opened up a topic in the help section?

Edited by Fireworks, 10 November 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#11 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

these damn scripted posts dont let me make a heart for you :( i heart u joe :D

#12 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

lol if you really do, you'd come back and be my 1v1 buddy... me and mega used to do it and i had some of the most fun games ive ever had on ts, so u have to be the surrogate =D

#13 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

for whatever reason most of the videos give me an error and cant be uploaded, but so far I have two videos done.

Links:

Dan (Fjnecjgar) vs me (Movieno0b)       http://www.mediafire.com/?qwmfttcbhlbp0cl
Dan (Fjnecjgar) vs me (Movieno0b)       http://www.mediafire.com/?9dmhp7o2qmdmk2p

First game I ****ed up bad (10 minute game), second game is actually worth watching in terms of gameplay and shows some of ts' macro playstyle.

Have fun with it :)

I'll keep on trying with the other videos whenever I have time to. (unless nobody watches/cares anyhow)

Edited by ItsMeSeb, 10 November 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#14 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Links:
Dan (Fjnecjgar) vs me (Movieno0b) http://www.mediafire.com/?qwmfttcbhlbp0cl
Dan (Fjnecjgar) vs me (Movieno0b) http://www.mediafire.com/?9dmhp7o2qmdmk2p

The links work but the avi files won't play. I have pretty much every codec installed on my PC.

#15 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

hm it works well on my computer.
I've recorded those games with camstudio. Does it not work for anyone else? (I'm playing it on my windows media player btw)
You could try VLC Media Player, I've had everything work on that player yet.

I gotta go now, ill check back whenever I got time again.

Edited by ItsMeSeb, 10 November 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#16 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Try downloading the files yourself then see if the downloaded files play on your PC.

#17 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

did - works

tried vlc, wmp and divx - all worked fine.

im german btw if that makes any difference :D

#18 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

did - works

tried vlc, wmp and divx - all worked fine.

im german btw if that makes any difference :D

I just tried all of the above, still no good. Weird. Oh well, that sux. Must be a German thing :p, lol, just kidding. Thanks anyway. If you have time, maybe upload it to YouTube. Unless it's got copyright music, it'll definitely work there.

#19 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Okay, I've uploaded one video to youtube. If I get enough response then I will upload the others too.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MVM4YT8f8

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0MMtXCDfzc

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN1TZ-RfOk

Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEXnwveJA94

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Download the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) it will enable you to play nearly every file format in existence.
Also use Media Coder to convert avi files to divx/mpeg 4 with the mp4 container and aac audio format.

This will give you the smallest files possible with the highest quality. Youtube also accepts mp4 files.
That's the format I use for replays.

If you guys would like. You can use the replays sticky topic on the xwis discussions section.
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163378-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-tiberian-sun-replays/

I have edited the first post to include your youtube channel and promoted your videos on that topic as well.

Edited by iNs0MNiaC, 11 November 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#21 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Download the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) it will enable you to play nearly every file format in existence.
Also use Media Coder to convert avi files to divx/mpeg 4 with the mp4 container and aac audio format.

This will give you the smallest files possible with the highest quality. Youtube also accepts mp4 files.
That's the format I use for replays.

If you guys would like. You can use the replays sticky topic on the xwis discussions section.
I can change the title and player channels to include Tiberian Sun.

Add my channel to the list from the first video. Also, I use FRAPS at 60 FPS for my videos. You should add that method to your guide.

Edited by e5q8, 11 November 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#22 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Make a fraps how to record guide in a new topic and I will link that topic to the first post as an alternative recording guide.

BTW Your channel has too much other stuff on it... Just 2 tiberian sun videos and one of them is about some random mod.
I like the commentary though.

Edited by iNs0MNiaC, 11 November 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#23 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Make a fraps how to record guide in a new topic and I will link that topic to the first post as an alternative recording guide.

BTW Your channel has too much other stuff on it... Just 2 tiberian sun videos and one of them is about some random mod.
I like the commentary though.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL47CAA12F2A3DA805&feature=viewall

There's a playlist now, lol. Look on the bright side. If I dedicated a channel to this **** it would fail and die like all the other replay channels. I will make more later though.

Edited by e5q8, 11 November 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#24 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks.

Replays topic updated.

Edited by iNs0MNiaC, 11 November 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#25 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12214 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

Thanks.

Replays topic updated.

i came to this topic to stalk you and see what you posted ;) nothing interesting though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users