210 replies to this topic

#151 americapwnnnn

americapwnnnn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hmm bummer, just have to wait a bit longer i guess.

#152 MooTy

MooTy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I've been connecting to 2v2 just fine last night, seems to be making progress hopefully.

#153 tmeicke3

tmeicke3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

i still can't connect is there any help avalible

#154 uncledrew

uncledrew

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

i still can't connect is there any help avalible

No. Olaf said it's server-side problem. As as he finds out it's been resolved by EA then we will be notified. Just be paitent and play games with people you know you connect to if you wish to still play.

#155 tmeicke3

tmeicke3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

tks for the reply

#156 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Problem still persists, but really i wouldn't have that much of a problem with it if it didnt &*^%%% freeze everytime some1 fails to connect in qm. Im Task manage-ring out every other qm.

#157 uncledrew

uncledrew

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

It's definitatly better for me. I connect to 80% of players in qm and 2v2s are going good.

#158 americapwnnnn

americapwnnnn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

It's definitatly better for me. I connect to 80% of players in qm and 2v2s are going good.

did you changed anything in your own system?

set ur ip as dmz or reopen ports?

#159 worminater

worminater

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Not working for me at the moment. Trying a 1 v 1 and loads up into a black screen (im the host). When he hosts it, the same problem.

#160 ixxiiixxi

ixxiiixxi

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Just an interesting note... earlier in this discussion people believed this may have something to do with router settings.

I might add that I have tried to connect at 3 different locations... each has a different computers, routers, connection type, etc. They all worked in the past, now NONE of them work. It almost seems that the problem is tied directly to my account, if that is even possible.

I still only load in about 20% of 1 v 1 and I think 5% of 2 v 2 games.

@EA: stop sitting on your hands.

We should all start emailing them and swamp their inboxes... I have looked briefly and did not see a "report a problem" email... if someone posts it, I will start emailing them daily.

Edited by ixxiiixxi, 04 September 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#161 laziale13

laziale13

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

I totally agree with ixxiiixxi I feel that no one moves the buttocks,
it's been a over a week that the problem persists and I see no improvement except that when I come across a player with whom his work the more I can do
some running, other than that it's tiring to have to always raise
the game to try to find one out of 10 players able to play with us.

Edited by laziale13, 05 September 2011 - 12:44 AM.

#162 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Yeah i match 1 out every 10 qm games...

#163 ILoveKane

ILoveKane

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

Complete joke the whole situation, it has absolutely nothing to do with router settings. The problem can only be fixed by EA and they have done NOTHING.

Anyway probably a blessing in disguise as it gives me a reason to officially retire from the game.

#164 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2897 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

Just an interesting note... earlier in this discussion people believed this may have something to do with router settings.

I might add that I have tried to connect at 3 different locations... each has a different computers, routers, connection type, etc. They all worked in the past, now NONE of them work. It almost seems that the problem is tied directly to my account, if that is even possible.

I still only load in about 20% of 1 v 1 and I think 5% of 2 v 2 games.

@EA: stop sitting on your hands.

We should all start emailing them and swamp their inboxes... I have looked briefly and did not see a "report a problem" email... if someone posts it, I will start emailing them daily.

I'll be willing to complain :D

#165 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

mine seems fine :)

#166 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

We're not saying there's no problem server-side. But fact is, some people can connect. And the major difference between people's situations is firewall / router.

#167 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2897 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

I've connected in my first 2v2 ffg today, I have connected to every one ive attempted.

#168 uncledrew

uncledrew

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

mine seems fine :)

This.

#169 ixxiiixxi

ixxiiixxi

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

We're not saying there's no problem server-side. But fact is, some people can connect. And the major difference between people's situations is firewall / router.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to communicate here.

The purpose of my post was two fold...
1. In the past two weeks have tried to play on 3 different setups
computers all duocore or better (XP Pro, Vista Pro, Win 7 Pro).
2 routers both on DSL and properly forwarded, one on a 100MB flex fiber-optic line connected to a server that I can see.

One thing crosses over on 2 of these rigs, the firewall... Microsoft Security Essential and Malwarebytes. But even then... there are different versions for the 32 and 64 bit systems. While the 64 bit versions saw upgrade (about a week before the problem started), the 32 was not recently upgraded, so no settings should have changed there. Nor has any network device firmware been updated. The third setup is drastically different.

The jist of my first point is that, as a single player, I have tentatively determined that the problem does not appear to be localized to a single router, OS, or firewall. A server problem is far more likely than simultaneous hickup on multiple platforms. It could even be something as simple as a couple sectors on a hard disk... could it not? That seems like a very common problem, one that could damage certain features, of certain player accounts, while leaving others unaffected.

2. My second point was that based on a quick scan of the site, I did not see a way to make a complaint. I think consumers (and I have bought this game 3 times over 12 years) should be able to voice their conerns. If its a money thing, it does cost to operate these servers... hey I would be happy to suggest that they run a Pepsi banner in the lobby every 2 minutes. But keep the service consistent.

Edited by ixxiiixxi, 06 September 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#170 ixxiiixxi

ixxiiixxi

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

No. Olaf said it's server-side problem. As as he finds out it's been resolved by EA then we will be notified. Just be paitent and play games with people you know you connect to if you wish to still play.

Complete joke the whole situation, it has absolutely nothing to do with router settings. The problem can only be fixed by EA and they have done NOTHING.

Anyway probably a blessing in disguise as it gives me a reason to officially retire from the game.

I guess my third and final point on this (until I say thanks for a fix) is that for 12 years this has been my preferred way to unwind after a day of work, class, or whatever. This is a CLASSIC game, as testified by the fact that there are still hundreds of active players... until now anyway.

While I have always known that the fun would end someday...

I just think it is really sad, that apparently, it will end in this way...

Edited by ixxiiixxi, 06 September 2011 - 12:57 AM.

#171 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

The jist of my first point is that, as a single player, I have tentatively determined that the problem does not appear to be localized to a single router, OS, or firewall. A server problem is far more likely than simultaneous hickup on multiple platforms. It could even be something as simple as a couple sectors on a hard disk... could it not? That seems like a very common problem, one that could damage certain features, of certain player accounts, while leaving others unaffected.

2. My second point was that based on a quick scan of the site, I did not see a way to make a complaint. I think consumers (and I have bought this game 3 times over 12 years) should be able to voice their conerns. If its a money thing, it does cost to operate these servers... hey I would be happy to suggest that they run a Pepsi banner in the lobby every 2 minutes. But keep the service consistent.

What I'm trying to say is that there is indeed a server problem. However, even with this problem, a large number of people is able to connect and play. Why can they play while you can't? The difference isn't the server, you all use the same server.
No, bad sectors can't be the problem. ;)

Did you buy the game from us? Or from EA?

#172 Bornslippy1

Bornslippy1

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I have the same problem. In the past I could always connect to everyone. Nowadays to almost no one.
I hope it's getting fixt. Because this is so annoying.

#173 laziale13

laziale13

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Still no luck it's a real shame, we must re-send an email to EA

#174 iAMpOpPa

iAMpOpPa

HEY You i GOT CANDY...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • XWIS Name: iTzJoHN

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

i have tried the last 3 weeks to connect to some people the only person i connected to was to tolcera on a 1v1. cant connect to anybody else.

#175 bloodr4yn

bloodr4yn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

today i tried 4-5games, all connected. fully new pc, but same rooter options. have no idea what the trick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users