#1 CezarRo

CezarRo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to an online server for Tiberian Sun, but i could not find any one, i log in into the one from game but i was the only user there :), and after few seconds i was disconnected.

Please give me a link an address of the server ( if there is one ) to try a login there.

Thanks !

#2 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3708 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Start the game as administrator.
Click Internet.
Enter XWIS nick and password.
Enjoy!

#3 CezarRo

CezarRo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Thank you for posting !
Yes,i followed those steps , and i was banned from server , it seems that the game serial was used :). I buoyed the original cd game (a sold out version) from a guy who had this cd for years, and do not play TS any more, but it seems that forgot to tell me that this cd game serial was used in Internet :), i believe that i should buy a new one (serial) in this case... Any way 10 euro is not such a big sum, may after i will activate my pay pall account i will be on server :).

#4 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

u can play without a serial im sure????? u gotta login to TS with your xwis uername and pw.... http://xwis.net/control_panel/ - then you can create nicknames and it allocates u a pw etc....

#5 CezarRo

CezarRo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thank you for reply !

I do not believe so, i think that a valid, unused serial is required ( for me is a meter of time until i will activate that pay pall account ), when i connect to XWIS using my username and password, i receive a message like: "Serial Banned; 22.4 years left", and after 30 seconds i am kick.

And also a strange fact when i am on the server it seems that only i am there, only one user is displayed for those 30 seconds, the user who is me :).

If you think that you have a solution or an opinion about this, ( that would be great ! to play the game without a serial, but i doubt about it :D ) please let me know.

Thanks !

#6 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for reply !

I do not believe so, i think that a valid, unused serial is required ( for me is a meter of time until i will activate that pay pall account ), when i connect to XWIS using my username and password, i receive a message like: "Serial Banned; 22.4 years left", and after 30 seconds i am kick.

And also a strange fact when i am on the server it seems that only i am there, only one user is displayed for those 30 seconds, the user who is me :).

If you think that you have a solution or an opinion about this, ( that would be great ! to play the game without a serial, but i doubt about it :D ) please let me know.

Thanks !

22 years left... rofl, Actually it wasnt your friend that got the serial banned, It was a hacker on TS years ago that banned everybody serials.

#7 CezarRo

CezarRo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ok, thank you for information but could any one tell me why i am disconnected from server after something like 30 seconds, and what should i do to be there, i believed that serial could be the issue...

Thanks !

#8 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

It is my understanding that a serial is only needed for Tournaments. The game is freeware.

You are disconnected, either because the serial number you entered is bad, or the password is wrong. When you register at the control panel, XWIS gives you a password that you have to use for all nicks created.

Good Luck though. Years of strike team screwing around has pretty much killed the game.

#9 CezarRo

CezarRo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thank you for posting, i tried again but without success , i believe i will give up :).

All the best !

#10 Jpaul

Jpaul

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to an online server for Tiberian Sun, but i could not find any one, i log in into the one from game but i was the only user there smile.gif, and after few seconds i was disconnected.

Please give me a link an address of the server ( if there is one ) to try a login there.

Thanks !

Hi !

I recently have the same problem...

So can you tell me if you finally paid to play online ? Or it is free ?

#11 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hi Jpaul,

Tiberian sun is free. Prior to being disconnected, do you see a message in the lobby?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users