#1 Gunsmokez

Gunsmokez

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hello

Well, I just got a new computer with windows 7. The game is self runs fine during game time. The problem is when I exit the game. Once I do, Tiberian Sun locks up windows. I can`t do anything other then force shut down, tiberian sun.

I thought it would be perhaps driver issues since I`m running Dx10. But, I also download and installed Dx9 as well. So, I figured that would have solved the problem. But, nope and I also changed my Screen Resolution to my native size and that did not help either.

What can else can i do?

#2 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

Happens to a majority of Win 7 users. but, try running tib sun as a admin, right click and select run as adminstrartor.

#3 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

I'm not sure if anything can be done, all older C&C games do this.

Edited by Kundalini, 08 May 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#4 Gunsmokez

Gunsmokez

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

Happens to a majority of Win 7 users. but, try running tib sun as a admin, right click and select run as adminstrartor.

I tried running as admin but, once I do that I get that famous "missing Dll" message. Then Can't even get into game once I do that. Where as running it as non-admin I can at least get into the game.

#5 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

your avatar is amazin!!! hahahahah. sounds like when your memory is being used + then being closed its causing an error...... try using diffrent installer for Ts... apart from this i dont know, it just sounds like the game isnt compatible with your OS when exiting

#6 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

I found a fix for this more or less by accident, but it is a bit too complicated to explain in type and would require me posting a link to an improved installer.
Knowing Strike Team is finicky about who they consider fan sites, I hesitate to post it.

I don't think it is just the improved installer though as there are a few other steps involving the NO CD patch to get it to work.

Feel free to join my teamspeak and poke me for help. It may not work for everyone, but it sure works for me. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Otherwise, Ctrl, Shift, Esc is your friend, when closing Tib Sun.

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 14 May 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#7 Gunsmokez

Gunsmokez

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

I found a fix for this more or less by accident, but it is a bit too complicated to explain in type and would require me posting a link to an improved installer.
Knowing Strike Team is finicky about who they consider fan sites, I hesitate to post it.

I don't think it is just the improved installer though as there are a few other steps involving the NO CD patch to get it to work.

Feel free to join my teamspeak and poke me for help. It may not work for everyone, but it sure works for me. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

If you can, can you pm me the details of how to do this? I have the no cd crack as well.

#8 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Sorry for late reply, but I do not visit these forums very often. Every time I come here I risk my IQ dropping.

To explain it in type would take awhile and you would likely have questions that would be more easily answered talking in teamspeak as I walk you through how I fixed this problem. I forgot to mention, along with the improved installer, you will still need your original Tiberian Sun disc(s).

If you are still interested, and need help, feel free to PM me but using teamspeak 3 is my preferred method to explain the process.

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 23 June 2011 - 08:04 AM.

#9 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Which fansite are we referring to?

#10 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

#11 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

It will either be starred out or it wont.

#12 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

It will either be starred out or it wont.

And I will either be banned, or I won't.

What does it matter what site it is. I am offering my help to whoever wants it. I have provided an avenue to reach me. Lets leave it at that.

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 02 July 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#13 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

And I will either be banned, or I won't.

What does it matter what site it is. I am offering my help to whoever wants it. I have provided an avenue to reach me. Lets leave it at that.

Interest

#14 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Tell ya what Neo, you provide me a list of your affiliates in a new thread and I will tell you if the site is on that list.

As a help team member, you may have an honest vested interest in wanting to know this info.

Again, I have provided an avenue to reach me. That avenue is also open for you.

Now lets keep the focus on the topic, which is how to install Tiberian Sun so that Windows 7 (Home Premium) will not lock up when closing Tiberian Sun, requiring a force shutdown through the task manager, which I hear is common with many people.

#15 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

Tell ya what Neo, you provide me a list of your affiliates in a new thread and I will tell you if the site is on that list.

As a help team member, you may have an honest vested interest in wanting to know this info.

Again, I have provided an avenue to reach me. That avenue is also open for you.
a force shutdown through the task manager, which I hear is common with many people.

I don't know my self, maybe you can Pm me?

Now lets keep the focus on the topic, which is how to install Tiberian Sun so that Windows 7 (Home Premium) will not lock up when closing Tiberian Sun, requiring a force shutdown through the task manager, which I hear is common with many people.

There's not a fix for that AFAIK.

Edited by neogrant, 04 July 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#16 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

I don't know my self, maybe you can Pm me?

There's not a fix for that AFAIK.

As far as you know there is not a fix but I fixed it, and I have successfully repeated the process, so it does work.

When I close Tib Sun, on my Windows 7 Home Premium, it closes smoothly, and I do NOT have to end task. I am loving it and will share it for those that are interested in teamspeak as it is too complicated to type up (or maybe I am just too lazy :) )

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 06 July 2011 - 08:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users