Photo

I am contacting EA, anyone have anything they would like me to report?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

I have acquired the contact details of a community manager at EA, and i will be contacting him shortly to raise some of the issues players face on Tiberian Sun,
so if there are any points you would particularly like me to make, let me know, and ill compile a list, and then focus on the high priority things.

#2 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

I have acquired the contact details of a community manager at EA, and i will be contacting him shortly to raise some of the issues players face on Tiberian Sun, so if there are any points you would particularly like me to make, let me know, and ill compile a list, and then focus on the high priority things.

Not only is your post nothing more than a painfully long run-on sentence, it's full of grammatical fallacies. "Queen's English", is far from what should describe your blunder of a post, as you failed to even include one sentence break! I would strongly suggest a revision; especially if you're going to rant about understanding.

If you'd like to be literal: how would one contact another (shortly) without having prior knowledge of current issues? Why would you even volunteer to contact someone without knowing of any current issues? Honestly, you'd be a joke of a representative.

If you're serious about getting results (for a game you don't even play?), actually compile a well mannered list of issues and post here for others to review. You can't expect others to follow your cause if you don't clearly state your intentions.

#3 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3708 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Mayhem, dub, dyson.. Do you even play TS? Remove yourself from the thread. If your not going to contriubte somting as the title says.. leave

Absolutely. I may not like the way Farang throws his weight around with "hard facts" and supposed credentials to repeatedly (yes, we heard you the first time!) shoot down any positive motion for Tiberian Sun and its community.

However, I still wouldn't expect a full role reversal from everybody else. Especially from those who are uninformed on these matters and are only present to serve as a distraction from the original content of this topic. All of such unecessary posts will be removed in due course.

Please proceed appropriately or risk incurring sanctions. Thank you.

#4 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Absolutely. I may not like the way Farang throws his weight around with "hard facts" and supposed credentials to repeatedly (yes, we heard you the first time!) shoot down any positive motion for Tiberian Sun and its community.

However, I still wouldn't expect a full role reversal from everybody else. Especially from those who are uninformed on these matters and are only present to serve as a distraction from the original content of this topic. All of such unecessary posts will be removed in due course.

Yeah, I'm not going to agree with ideas that have more holes in them than a slice of swiss cheese.
Positivity doesn't really come into it, if theres nothing to be positive about, i cant be positive, i'm not going to try and find a way to be positive for the sake of being positive, thats not realistic and its not how life works.

And please feel free to challenge any of my facts or any of my "supposed credentials", id be happy to substantiate anything ive said.

thanks for removing spam posts too, much appreciated.

#5 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

My question was valid and was not intended to provoke. Like Dyson said, he should make his intentions clear. There was no reason to delete my post.

In fact i seem to remember Farang directing a similar question at grant when he was attempting to help the TS community. Something along the lines of you dont play TS therefore you have no clue.
As for removing myself from the topic as i dont play TS.. apparently neither does farang.

Edited by DubStep, 19 April 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#6 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

My question was valid and was not intended to provoke. Like Dyson said, he should make his intentions clear. There was no reason to delete my post.

my intentions were crystal clear from the start, so stop with the silly excuses and enjoy your warn

In fact i seem to remember Farang directing a similar question at grant when he was attempting to help the TS community. Something along the lines of you dont play TS therefore you have no clue.

i can recall no point in time when grant has offered TS anything i would classify as "helpful", so im not sure where you got this quote from, maybe you made it up?

As for removing myself from the topic as i dont play TS.. apparently neither does farang.

wait, do you have a ts world record? or are you in the all time top 10?

#7 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6690 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

Not only is your post nothing more than a painfully long run-on sentence, it's full of grammatical fallacies. "Queen's English", is far from what should describe your blunder of a post, as you failed to even include one sentence break! I would strongly suggest a revision; especially if you're going to rant about understanding.

If you'd like to be literal: how would one contact another (shortly) without having prior knowledge of current issues? Why would you even volunteer to contact someone without knowing of any current issues? Honestly, you'd be a joke of a representative.

If you're serious about getting results (for a game you don't even play?), actually compile a well mannered list of issues and post here for others to review. You can't expect others to follow your cause if you don't clearly state your intentions.

I am fairly certain that you misused some of your punctuations.

Edited by Seke, 20 April 2011 - 03:32 AM.

#8 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

my intentions were crystal clear from the start, so stop with the silly excuses and enjoy your warn

I have not been warned.

i can recall no point in time when grant has offered TS anything i would classify as "helpful", so im not sure where you got this quote from, maybe you made it up?

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165869-tiberian-sun-and-cheating/page__st__15

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164780-whitetibts-com-put-forward-your-moderator-choices/page__st__15

Couple there, not to mention the topics he has made trying to promote TS tournaments which you have just slated. Of course promoting tournaments os helpful even if it brings back 1-2 old players. I know because a few years ago i held countless on YR. The topics above demonstrate that he has shown an interest in TS and is attempting to get things done.

wait, do you have a ts world record? or are you in the all time top 10?

no i do not, may i ask what that has to do with anything?

Out of respect to knit i will stop responding in this thread now now.

Edited by DubStep, 20 April 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#9 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

I have not been warned.

That doesn't surprise me.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165869-tiberian-sun-and-cheating/page__st__15

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164780-whitetibts-com-put-forward-your-moderator-choices/page__st__15

Couple there, not to mention the topics he has made trying to promote TS tournaments which you have just slated. Of course promoting tournaments os helpful even if it brings back 1-2 old players. I know because a few years ago i held countless on YR. The topics above demonstrate that he has shown an interest in TS and is attempting to get things done.

Those threads you have linked amounted to nothing whatsoever, they weren't even remotely helpful at all, TS tournaments will turn out the same, just like the fake youtube channel turned out. A pipe dream by someone with no idea how to execute and too arrogant to listen to those that do.

Look, some people are made to be moderators, not pioneers, visionary's or leaders, thats what you need to realise.

no i do not, may i ask what that has to do with anything?

it means i understand TS to a degree greater than most, more than qualifying my opinion here, regardless if im retired or not

Out of respect to knit i will stop responding in this thread now now.

You do that homie

Edited by Farang, 20 April 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#10 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

I am fairly certain that you misused some of your punctuations.

Possibly. I'm far from an English expert, nor try to be. Prior to post removal, Farang was whining about grammar and understanding - even claiming that his original post is equivalent to Queen's English.

wait, do you have a ts world record? or are you in the all time top 10? it means i understand TS to a degree greater than most, more than qualifying my opinion here, regardless if im retired or notYou do that homie

In multiple other threads, you mentioned not having played TS for over 2 years (and recently 'donkey years'). If anything, this immediately disqualifies you. Granted, you may have been an excellent TS player (when you played); however, just because you win the Olympics in 1995 doesn't mean you know everything about it in 2011. Hopefully you'll be able to understand the association and won't be blindsided by your own cunning mannerisms.

In light of that, why don't you substantiate some of your claims.
1) Should no one satisfy your thread with issues, what would be something that you would mention?
2) Why do you so desperately want change for a game you no longer play?
3) What makes you a valid foreman for the TS community now?

Perhaps you should just provide the contact information for the community manager you mentioned and let others make their own cases.

Since I've been here - whether you agreed a solution or not, all I've seen you do is bash others for trying to bring change to Tiberian Sun. Even so much as others trying to genuinely host tournaments, all you've done is bring negativity. Why on earth should anyone support you now?

#11 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Possibly. I'm far from an English expert, nor try to be. Prior to post removal, Farang was whining about grammar and understanding - even claiming that his original post is equivalent to Queen's English.

more lies, you resorted to correcting my grammar because you have no other avenue to take in the debate, its a common desperate method people use on forums when they know they have been defeated in the debate,

In multiple other threads, you mentioned not having played TS for over 2 years (and recently 'donkey years'). If anything, this immediately disqualifies you. Granted, you may have been an excellent TS player (when you played); however, just because you win the Olympics in 1995 doesn't mean you know everything about it in 2011. Hopefully you'll be able to understand the association and won't be blindsided by your own cunning mannerisms.

What a self defeating analogy, lol, why do you think all sports channels on TV hire highly accomplished retired experts in that particular sport to sit on their expert panel to commentate and give opinions?

In light of that, why don't you substantiate some of your claims.
1) Should no one satisfy your thread with issues, what would be something that you would mention?

thats classified.

2) Why do you so desperately want change for a game you no longer play?

where did i say anything about change? and desperate? me? lol who you kidding dude?

3) What makes you a valid foreman for the TS community now?

where did i say i was valid or a foreman?

Perhaps you should just provide the contact information for the community manager you mentioned and let others make their own cases.

I wont be providing any details to you, sorry bud.

Since I've been here - whether you agreed a solution or not, all I've seen you do is bash others for trying to bring change to Tiberian Sun.
Even so much as others trying to genuinely host tournaments, all you've done is bring negativity. Why on earth should anyone support you now?

yeah im not going to be positive about a dumb idea, just for the sake of being positive,
you can call it bashing or whatever, but its funny how everything i say always comes true,

only 1 successful tournament has been completed on TS since 2005, and it was me who did it, because i know what it takes.
Several have tried, several have failed, the cycle continues, and im not going to be positive about some dude installing some forum software and then saying he wants to host tournaments.

Thats like me saying, **** im going to buy a peddle boat and sail around the world, its just dumb.

#12 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

The lengths people will go to get some attention. You're waisting your time contacting EA, Farang.

Edited by jeffbeck, 20 April 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#13 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

The lengths people will go to get some attention. You're waisting your time contacting EA, Farang.

you have no idea why im contacting them, so how could you possibly know if i was wasting my time or not?

#14 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

you have no idea why im contacting them, so how could you possibly know if i was wasting my time or not?

This is the underlying issue. You've made a proposal to contact EA and ask for others to support you, without clearly stating your motives.

#15 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

This is the underlying issue. You've made a proposal to contact EA and ask for others to support you, without clearly stating your motives.

i simply said i have a direct contact with EA and can pass on messages from the TS community,
im not obligated to state my reasons for contacting EA to you, or anyone else.

if you have no TS related message for EA, then you have no business being in this thread.

#16 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

Since this is in the TS section there is no idea worth supporting. You're clearly deluded if you think you can persuade or convince EA to whatever it is you want them to do.

#17 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

Since this is in the TS section there is no idea worth supporting. You're clearly deluded if you think you can persuade or convince EA to whatever it is you want them to do.

Where was there any mention of persuading or convincing anyone of anything?

i could be sending a early christmas card for all you know

Edited by Farang, 20 April 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#18 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

I have acquired the contact details of a community manager at EA, and i will be contacting him shortly to raise some of the issues players face on Tiberian Sun, so if there are any points you would particularly like me to make, let me know, and ill compile a list, and then focus on the high priority things.

Where was there any mention of persuading or convincing anyone of anything?i could be sending a early christmas card for all you know

I'm pretty sure that falls short of an early Christmas card.
It also insinuates that you would want some type of change if you're intention is to send a list of issues.

--- Edit ---

i simply said i have a direct contact with EA and can pass on messages from the TS community,

Wrong. You stated that you would be contacting him shortly to raise issues.

Edited by Dyson, 20 April 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#19 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that falls short of an early Christmas card.

the part you should have bolded is "issues players face", had you been paying more attention you would realise that it doesnt say "issues i face" or "issues we face"

i have my own reasons for contacting EA, that may or may not be related to TS, thats classified,
however i have simply offered TS players an avenue in which to express anything they like directly to EA,
now unless you RA2 guys want to contribute to that, kindly remove yourself from this thread,

thanks

#20 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I don't play RA2, please don't assume.

Let me get this straight:
  • You have a list of issues that you wish to send to EA.
  • You will not inform anyone of this list (it's apparently classified).
  • You will not inform anyone of the person in whom you are contacting.
  • You expect us to make a list of issues for you to represent (as a foreman) for the TS community.
  • Only you are capable of making progress for Tiberian Sun.

Doesn't seem very genuine.

#21 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Let me get this straight:

ok

You have a list of issues that you wish to send to EA.

No, im asking TS players if there is any issues they would like raised with EA so i could compile a list

You will not inform anyone of this list (it's apparently classified).

its a public thread? whatever issues get raised here will make up the list, whats classified is my own reason for contacting EA, and yup thats none of your business.

You will not inform anyone of the person in whom you are contacting.

im not obliged to, but i have told you its a community manager at EA,

You expect us to make a list of issues for you to represent (as a foreman) for the TS community.

i dont expect anything, i offered ts players an line of contact, and thats it, there was no mention of representing anything

Only you are capable of making progress for Tiberian Sun.

nope, but if you have anything you would like mentioned to EA about TS, let me know,

Doesn't seem very genuine.

ok, nobody asked you to come into this thread and post, if you dont like the idea of it, im sure you can find another thread to post in

#22 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

If you want to contact EA then go ahead, I'm not sure what you hope to gain from it. EA doesn't support such old games.

#23 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

If you want to contact EA then go ahead, I'm not sure what you hope to gain from it. EA doesn't support such old games.

im not hoping for anything and nobody asked you what EA does and doesnt support,

if you have no TS related issues to discuss, then you have no business in this thread,

#24 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

im not hoping for anything and nobody asked you what EA does and doesnt support,

if you have no TS related issues to discuss, then you have no business in this thread,

I think you'll find that it is a TS issue if they don't support the gane anymore. But hey, if you want to waste your time and the time of the EA guy you want to contact then that's your businesss. Seems to me you don't want anyone to post in this thread.

#25 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

I think you'll find that it is a TS issue if they don't support the gane anymore.

im not sure what this is supposed to mean?

But hey, if you want to waste your time and the time of the EA guy you want to contact then that's your businesss. Seems to me you don't want anyone to post in this thread.

you dont have to worry about how i spend my time, just worry about your own time, and i didnt make this thread to hear your opinions on EA, i made this thread for TS people to express their issues so i can pass them onto my friend at EA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users