36 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12214 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hey guys, I am looking for someone who is an active TS player and does not cheat. I want to organize help organize TS tournaments because I feel like it will bring some activity into your game. They will be non-priced tournaments; however, in the future, maybe I will also offer some cash tournaments with some help. If anyone is interested please let me know ;) People with MSN preferred!

#2 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

you are better off just sticking to the regular ladders for your competition, as fixed tournaments for TS almost never work, time differences and sporadic activity of players makes it almost impossible to complete a tournament, over the past 3 years there have probably been a dozen attempts at hosting tournaments, none have worked.

Edited by Farang, 27 March 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#3 Radiology

Radiology

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

I'll for sure play but as farang said its usually tough to get everyone able to play for a tourny due to time differences and peoples personal lives but its always worth another shot :p. My main log is Truestory, and you can get ahold of me on my msn its ur_owner@hotmail.com hit me up if you have any questions

#4 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

Thank you, added. Anyone else?

Edited by BlueBala, 27 March 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Radiology

Radiology

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

Would the tournaments consist of official ww maps only or mod maps as well?

#6 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

Well, I am not a TS player that is the reason I am asking for a Loyal/Active/Cheat-free player to help. I will do everything I can to help you guys have an organized tournament. We can have both or one or the other, it does not matter to me. Whatever players enjoy more so that we can have more participants and have a more fun and competitive tournament.

#7 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

This might be the worst attempt at starting a TS tournament I think i've ever seen.

#8 Radiology

Radiology

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

Lmfao could be, but theres no reason to stop trying and the other attempts have been shot down recently likes aur's attempt -_-, i was all for his idea ha :laugh:

Edited by Radiology, 28 March 2011 - 09:24 AM.

#9 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

This might be the worst attempt at starting a TS tournament I think i've ever seen.

Maybe... I may not play the game, but I am trying to help you guys keep your game alive.

Lmfao could be, but theres no reason to stop trying and the other attempts have been shot down recently likes aur's attempt -_-, i was all for his idea ha :laugh:

Do you want to do it or not? I have TS and I came go on whenever. I am recruiting someone who can help run it who is active and plays fair. If you get this to work fine I might even offer a cash tournament in the summer although I won't completely promise. If you TS people are going to be idiots, instead of wasting money on TS, I'll just waste it on RA2. You guys complain about not getting any help well, I am trying to help.

Edited by BlueBala, 28 March 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#10 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

If you TS people are going to be idiots, instead of wasting money on TS, I'll just waste it on RA2. You guys complain about not getting any help well, I am trying to help.

Please don't categorize the entire TS community with the idiocratic gestures of Farang. If you'd like to host a tournament, don't allow one or two people ruin your motivation. Anything that can spark interest or activity is a great thing regardless of what a few (select) individuals may believe.

If you'd like any assistance, I would gladly volunteer; perhaps we could get 'aur' involved?

#11 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Alright sure. Do you have MSN so we can discuss this further? :)

Edited by BlueBala, 28 March 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#12 Radiology

Radiology

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yes obviously i want to do it im just saying that 9/10 times a tourny doesnt work, you dont have to go about calling us idiots lol

#13 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Please don't categorize the entire TS community with the idiocratic gestures of Farang. If you'd like to host a tournament, don't allow one or two people ruin your motivation. Anything that can spark interest or activity is a great thing regardless of what a few (select) individuals may believe.

If you'd like any assistance, I would gladly volunteer; perhaps we could get 'aur' involved?

Spark interest?
This thread couldn't spark a firecracker.

And before you respond with some condescending drivel, you should know that I am the only person to successfully organize and host a TS tournament in the past 6 years, I did so in 2008, so i know the formula, I have the blueprint.

That's why i'm qualified to make a accurate judgment on this topic, I have a frame of reference, you have a frame of nothing.

If you think this thread will amount to anything more than a waste of Olafs bandwidth, then i feel very, very sorry for you.

#14 xtrmtea

xtrmtea

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

Jeffbeck and myself would participate on the condition that either aur or nite are involved.

#15 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yes obviously i want to do it im just saying that 9/10 times a tourny doesnt work, you dont have to go about calling us idiots lol

I said that because no information has been updated and the tournament is already being judged. If it works, then we can continue making them. If not, we could either try something else or give up.

Spark interest?
This thread couldn't spark a firecracker.

And before you respond with some condescending drivel, you should know that I am the only person to successfully organize and host a TS tournament in the past 6 years, I did so in 2008, so i know the formula, I have the blueprint.

That's why i'm qualified to make a accurate judgment on this topic, I have a frame of reference, you have a frame of nothing.

If you think this thread will amount to anything more than a waste of Olafs bandwidth, then i feel very, very sorry for you.

This thread is not supposed to spark anything, there are no judgments to be made other than who is going to help organize the tournament. It is kind of dumb to make judgments whether or not this tournament will be successful because I have not even posted any information on it and I don't intent to without an experience player who knows what they are doing. The purpose of this topic is to find someone with TS experience so we can organize the tournament.

Waste Olafs bandwidth? Who said we were going to use this site? I am going to provide a site with moderating tools for whoever helps me organize the tournament, and once we discuss and get everything organized, we can think of new integrations we can add to encourage players to participate. First, I need an experience player. Maybe you are the only person to successfully organize a tournament on S-T but you are not the only one to host tournaments. I've organized a lot of tournaments and the outcome is outstanding.

Jeffbeck and myself would participate on the condition that either aur or nite are involved.

Isn't aur a banned cheater? nite can be involved, I encourage him to.

/edit- Would you guys like Hall of Fames with your tournaments? That is something I can provide. I can pretty much provide anything you guys need/would like to see.

Edited by BlueBala, 29 March 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#16 AphrOdLte

AphrOdLte

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

YES, AUR IS A CONVICTED NERD/CHEATER.

#17 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

I wouldn't want to take cheaters into the team, sorry guys. I don't think nite is a perm banned cheater so he's welcomed!

#18 Radiology

Radiology

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

ROFL, ayo dlte we undisputed son

#19 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

what?

I was thinking that since you guys have no Hall of Fame, maybe I can provide one. I already made a quick design and just added the top 5 players of February to it.

Edited by BlueBala, 29 March 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#20 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

coolios

#21 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Aur is not a cheater. He/I is a fair player who has never cheated his way out of losing points. (except that 1 case involving his opponent and fiends) Aur is perma banned Tho ROFL!!!!! I can care less, i aint gnna explain myself anymore. just gonna play on my random occasions and have fun. nothing to prove.

I heard Aphr0ldlte was caught mapping a few times tho.

- bluebala this is where ur system is flawed. U cant add the top 5 players, some culd be cheaters on the ladder.

Edited by hefeweize, 29 March 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#22 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

I'd be willing to help but I won't be available for a few weeks :( .

maybe if there is something I can do in my spare time? what are you needing?

Edited by nitemarez, 29 March 2011 - 10:56 PM.

#23 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Aur is not a cheater. He/I is a fair player who has never cheated his way out of losing points. (except that 1 case involving his opponent and fiends) Aur is perma banned Tho ROFL!!!!! I can care less, i aint gnna explain myself anymore. just gonna play on my random occasions and have fun. nothing to prove.

I heard Aphr0ldlte was caught mapping a few times tho.

- bluebala this is where ur system is flawed. U cant add the top 5 players, some culd be cheaters on the ladder.

I said that I made a quick design and just added the top 5 players from February... I know they can be cheaters but I just needed a visual of what it could look... Obviously if we actually make an unofficial hall of fame, we will check for cheaters

I'd be willing to help but I won't be available for a few weeks :( .

maybe if there is something I can do in my spare time? what are you needing?

Right now there is not much. Do you have MSN to contact you?

#24 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

christophermlawrence@hotmail.com

#25 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members