33 replies to this topic

#1 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

ive seen a lot of people doing it, so how do i do it???? heard theres a website and a way of doing it through relay chat but never asked how to do it... help please :)

#2 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2024 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

umm.... google it. were not allowed to tell you about that site on strike-team.net sorry :(

#3 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

lmao... wtf...

#4 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Ask the people that you have seen doing it.. Too hard?

#5 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/62083-the-who-is-topic/

#6 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:56 AM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/62083-the-who-is-topic/

that's clearly not what he's referring to but nice addition lol

#7 peter2010

peter2010

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

The site where usernames are found is a site xwis dont agree with as i posted a link on here directing to someones other logs and got a warning level which was kindly removed after i explained i didnt know we wasnt allowed to use it.

#8 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

lmao... wtf...

The website breaks the XWIS rules.

Edited by AwaZ, 07 March 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#9 Steve1985

Steve1985

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • XWIS Name: BoRnGoD

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

The website allows such nabs like jr to find all your nicks and flame you every where bad site!!!!

#10 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

The website allows such nabs like jr to find all your nicks and flame you every where bad site!!!!

The website is no different than the "Who Is" thread on this site in terms of player comparison.

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

No it is not. The thread is based on user comments. The site is based on harvested information that is ''illegaly'' obtained from the server.

#12 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

No it is not. The thread is based on user comments. The site is based on harvested information that is ''illegaly'' obtained from the server.

The 'Who Is' thread and the site are both designed to accomplish the same goal. The (biggest) difference is that my site keeps data relevant, is far less prone to error, provides information to the user quicker by removing the need to search through 1000+ pages or waiting on a query reply and allows users to 'mark' cheaters. Not to mention, player comments account for a huge portion of the site.

In addition, Olaf has allotted exclusive permission for our Tiberian Sun operation to run given the game's current state (no serial validation).

Think about this: What if I indexed the 'Who Is' thread and presented it in the same format as my current site? Would that not be the same thing minus the aforementioned differences?

Edited by Apgar, 11 March 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#13 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

The 'Who Is' thread and the site are both designed to accomplish the same goal. The (biggest) difference is that my site keeps data relevant, is far less prone to error, provides information to the user quicker by removing the need to search through 1000+ pages or waiting on a query reply and allows users to 'mark' cheaters. Not to mention, player comments account for a huge portion of the site.

In addition, Olaf has allotted exclusive permission for our Tiberian Sun operation to run given the game's current state (no serial validation).

Think about this: What if I indexed the 'Who Is' thread and presented it in the same format as my current site? Would that not be the same thing minus the aforementioned differences?

that site also has made it almost impossible for good players to get a qm, i think it should be banned.

#14 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

maybe you should make the logins hidden in your silly quick match instead of blaming the player search site you know? fix the actual cause to your problem.

things change quikwejit the world isn't going to go backwards in time because some fool thinks it should.

Edited by nitemarez, 11 March 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#15 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

that site also has made it almost impossible for good players to get a qm, i think it should be banned.

To imply that 'almost' everyone you QM with, uses or even knows about the site is simply foolish.

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

maybe you should make the logins hidden in your silly quick match

What's silly about QM? And why do you call it 'your' QM?

#17 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

does it bother you the things I said?

Edited by nitemarez, 11 March 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#18 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

It's 'your' because it's 'you' as in RA2. TS doesn't have quick match, hence it's 'yours'. Is that really so hard to grasp?

Personally, I think the player search function is one of the best developments for TS/RA2 in years. Really useful and a great help in the constant struggle against cheaters.

Edited by Mole40k, 11 March 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#19 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13438 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

does it bother you the things I said?

Yes, it does.

#20 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

What rules? Can you elaborate more?
What rules did the site break?

The reason i ask this, is because when this site was first released i reported this site to strike team admins because it was publishing my IP publicly, but it was riz i believe who said the site WASNT breaking any rules, and so no action would be taken to stop the site from harvesting IPs.

Since then, the site owner has removed IPs, and keeps them protected, to which i see no issue anymore,
its a quick way to identify who you are really playing against, and a valuable tool for avoiding cheaters.

If good players cant get matches, quit newb bashing, or play with bigger handicaps, problem solved.

If you are going to provide a "who is" thread here, it seems a little silly to condemn this site for doing essentially the same thing, but in a better way.

#21 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13438 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

What rules? Can you elaborate more?

Using a bot to harvest IP addresses from the server.

#22 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Using a bot to harvest IP addresses from the server.

Which you explicitly expressed that you didn't mind due to Tiberian Sun's current lack of serial validation.

At the time of that post (referenced by Farang), information was being submitted and displayed via mpstat parsing. Therefore, the site was not breaking any of the XWIS rules. Due to the (obvious) hassle that became, we decided to take a more direct approach.

To be honest, I expected to see a negative reply from Farang. Nice to see support from everyone though, thanks :)

#23 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

still rocking the "mpstats sharing" excuse huh?

that story is like alomst as believable as this one ...

btw i will get negative when people mistake me for a fool, i always liked your site, told you that numerous times, but didnt like it publishing IPs,

you should work with olaf to resolve the bot issue, and quit insulting his intelligence with the mpstats nonsense,

Edited by Farang, 13 March 2011 - 03:54 AM.

#24 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

still rocking the "mpstats sharing" excuse huh?

you should work with olaf to resolve the bot issue, and quit insulting his intelligence with the mpstats nonsense,

Shows how little history you actually know about the site.

I've attempted to work with Olaf on a number of issues. He has his reasons for not wanting to collaborate.

#25 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Well that's his choice, this project is his baby, and he can do with it what he pleases,
he is not obligated to work with anyone else regardless of what they can offer.

But im inclined to believe he is less likely to work with someone that blatantly lies and trys to deceive.
How can you possibly expect him to take you seriously when you are talking about mpstats sharing?

Seriously, do you think we are dumb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users