#1 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Hi staff.

I was wondering if you are able to give us (the TS community) some sort of idea what the status of the choice on TS moderator is, when 1 will be appointed, and who it might be.

Please keep us up to date.

Thanks - WT -

#2 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

It's been a few days, I'm also beginning to wonder.
Any staff response would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#3 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

-bump-
The poll ended Feb 21st; it is now Feb 28th.

Will we receive a response or were our collective communal efforts in vain?

#4 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

olaf seems to be on a break
Stay put

#5 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Olaf is back.
I see him on the forums at the moment.

#6 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13417 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

The mod bit depends on the serial bit which isn't finished yet...

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

okay, thanks Olaf :)

#8 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:05 AM

Thanks can you just clarfiy the serial bit changes?

Freeware - still able to play online? We going to incorp some diff system?

I would be saddened to see many players offline cause of serial issues

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks can you just clarfiy the serial bit changes?

That's OT. Read the topic about it.

#10 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Oops, i thought you meant u were workin on the serial 'bit' i was confused.

Olaf, im sure the community will agree to have validation turned back on, as long as you find away to keep freeware playable online and no1 will unexpectantly get booted off all sudden with the change.

Edited by hefeweize, 01 March 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#11 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

So will our communal efforts count or will you force us to create a new poll, once(if) serial validation is reinstated?

Edited by Aleatory, 02 March 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#12 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

So will our communal efforts count or will you force us to create a new poll, once(if) serial validation is reinstated?

Survey says: Just a big waste of time.

Good luck next time.

Edited by Apgar, 06 March 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#13 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

Mole says: sorry Aleatory, I love your optimism, but I think now is time for me to say 'I told you so...' :-(

#14 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

ROFL at all this.

I have not been here in awhile and still the debate rages about a mod that will never happen and now a serial validation that won't make a difference.

The community had its chance for everything that it complains about to be addressed and passed it up.

Good Game.

Besides, do any of you not realize that a forum mod to edit a post or two has nothing to do with serial validation and in game cheating? Funny thing is, it is not even needed to ban cheaters.

What is needed is an easy way to create a login for a returning or new player to a freeware game without having to register at a dead forum and play with a useless control panel that assigns whatever password it sees fit. I shake my head at all that is required while helping people start to play or return to the game.

The first question I get after download and install is "Do I click new account to create my nick?". I then shake my head as the hard part has just begun.

By the time I finally get a new or returning player set up to play the game they are exhausted from all the hoops they had to jump through and are no longer interested.

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 08 March 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#15 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

How discouraging this event has become. It would be nice to see an "official" reply :)

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

How discouraging this event has become. It would be nice to see an "official" reply :)

Posts like yours are annoying. Read my last post regarding the status. It doesn't help to keep asking the same thing over and over and over and then ranting how discouraging it is and still expecting staff to help you.

#17 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

If you had good community relations and kept a good line of communication with players don't you realise you wouldn't have half the problems you currently do.

It doesn't help community relations when admins give nothing but flippant, non-committal replies to players' posts.

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Players *always* have something to complain about and that's not going to change, whatever we do.

#19 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Posts like yours are annoying. Read my last post regarding the status. It doesn't help to keep asking the same thing over and over and over and then ranting how discouraging it is and still expecting staff to help you.

Post like yours are extremely vague. Perhaps you should supply more detail instead of expecting others to magically comprehend your true meaning and then ranting about how the same question is repeatedly asked.

No where in this statement is my question answered.

How am I suppose to even know the "status" (as you've put it) through this post? I can make a vague assumption that the TS moderator situation is on hold until serial validation is re-enabled; however, this still leaves my question open for debate. Therefore, I ask again:

If you would like me to simplify my original query: Do we have to re-vote for a Tiberian Sun moderator once serial validation is enabled?

-edit-
I'm not complaining by any means and I find it rather insulting that you've just generalized my entire post collection as "annoying".

Also to touch on the post above mine:

Players *always* have something to complain about and that's not going to change, whatever we do.

I believe you're taking constructive criticism or individual idealogical suggestion as a form of player "complaints". If I were to recommend enabling the "New Account" button instead of the need to register via the XWIS Control Panel, that would be my personal suggestion, not a form of complaint.

Edited by Aleatory, 09 March 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#20 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

Post like yours are extremely vague. Perhaps you should supply more detail instead of expecting others to magically comprehend your true meaning and then ranting about how the same question is repeatedly asked.

Then ask for a clarification.
Yes, it's on hold until the serials requirement is implemented. On hold also means that I'm not going to discuss it.

#21 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Then ask for a clarification.
Yes, it's on hold until the serials requirement is implemented. On hold also means that I'm not going to discuss it.

"Status" clarification was irrelevant to the question.

I thank you for the update; unfortunately, my question is still unanswered. Why would you not discuss this topic?

Edited by Aleatory, 09 March 2011 - 10:41 PM.

#22 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

Clarification wasn't the intent of my question..

I thank you for the "status" update; unfortunately, my question still unanswered. Why would you not discuss this topic?

Nowhere did you say that you didn't understand what I wrote. I don't discuss this one because I've got better things to do then endless discussions about topics that are currently waiting on something else to be implemented.

#23 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Nowhere did you say that you didn't understand what I wrote. I don't discuss this one because I've got better things to do then endless discussions about topics that are currently waiting on something else to be implemented.

I didn't need to; the "status" (your "answer") was completely irrelevant to my question.

Furthermore, it's a simple "yes" or "no" question that should be relatively easy to answer. It's not even an open ended question as your response would put an end the discussion.

#24 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

No offense olaf, I respect for years you have kept the servers up thru the hard and often chaotic times. Weather or not you validate serials is not going to solve matters. You know this. You need to appoint a member of this community(someone other then me as I'm quickly losing interest) To be an admin over ts. Not a forum mod, not a chat moderator, But a admin who can make the changes the community needs to flourish without messing with the delicate programing I'm sure is involved. Set up a open chat, broadcast it for a couple of weeks and I bet you'd be surprised who all might show up to weigh in on changes ts needs. Allow that person to make the changes and police the HOF as well as the forum and chats. And wash your hands of it, surly there is one of us whom you can trust to leave the YR and the RA2 ladders alone and only police ts. I mean I doubt that secretly we are all plotting how to ruin the fun for everyone and serve up the ban wagon against our enemies, surly there is one person who is active in this game who you will trust to be an admin over this game, So that its out of your hair and moving in a different direction then stagnation. Cause stagnation is where we are now.

#25 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

I didn't need to; the "status" (your "answer") was completely irrelevant to my question.

Don't expect me to respond if you don't ask.

Furthermore, it's a simple "yes" or "no" question that should be relatively easy to answer. It's not even an open ended question as your response would put an end the discussion.

It's not like you and others will stop 'discussing' any time soon, whatever I post.

No offense olaf, I respect for years you have kept the servers up thru the hard and often chaotic times. Weather or not you validate serials is not going to solve matters.

I'm not saying it will and I'm not saying the serials bit is the last thing that happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users