phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hey guys!

I have alot to say but i'll start by keeping this short. I noticed a ressurange of all these TS topics so i wanted to throw out a big shoutout to whitetib, aurdead, chrislawrence, nimixes, members of strike-team, orochi, farang, and to all of those who have shown interest in sustaining growth and a competative player base for the future of the game we all know and love~

Anyways, i just wanted to bring up a suggestion that has been offered before but one i felt has been ignored or wasn't stressed enough and/or went into great detail about. I am talking about cross-game competition between RA2 and TS. Please allow me to explain. (this is all v shorthand so plz feel free to elaborate on any points if necessary)

RA 2 vs TS tourny:
-a competition between active players onboth games to boost activity now, can be implemeted rather quickly
-a point based system for players on both games to compete against one another one.
-same clans on both games, competiting to see which one does better on each game.
-prizes held at the end of the month to congralutate those who competed

Why this would be beneficial:
-some players need the extra 'jelly' on their bread, this would be a good incentive to start playing again
-seeing significant boost in activity on either game will take a while, having players from both games compete with one another can be done rather quickly
-a reason to have an updated HOF or prizes at the end of the month

How to get started:
-We could find players on both games interested in participating in the tourny
-Offer good first month prize incentives
-Code a new ladder that incorporates players from both games and how they rank against one another
-initiate a tournyment right away

Thoughts please?

#2 I0NST0RM

I0NST0RM

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

I'd love to participate in that tourny, but unfortunately I don't have RA 2 at all.
And there's the problem already. How many TS players actually have RA 2?

The other, probably more obvious problem would be that it takes ages to learn a game. I can only speak for TS, since I didn't ever play RA2, but there is absolutely no chance that anyone of RA2 stands half a chance unless they used to play TS competitively at some point.

I hate to be this negative, just throwing in my opinion.

#3 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hmm well I played TS last night, probably my first proper stab at it for 6 years. I was learning a few things quite quickly. Although as an RA2 player I miss the building placement with hotkeys, and using T to select a particular unit, not sure if theres a different hot key for that in ts.. but anyway I like the idea, it could work, it might not. You never know, depends what the prizes are and what lengths people are willing to go to.

#4 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6691 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hmm well I played TS last night, probably my first proper stab at it for 6 years. I was learning a few things quite quickly. Although as an RA2 player I miss the building placement with hotkeys, and using T to select a particular unit, not sure if theres a different hot key for that in ts.. but anyway I like the idea, it could work, it might not. You never know, depends what the prizes are and what lengths people are willing to go to.

I agree, however, I don't think enough players would sign up for this. Although,I believe there is no harm in trying.

#5 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

this could be great if enough support is gathered

Edited by Orochi, 10 February 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#6 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

blah i guess i wasn't clear enough the first post, we don't have to learn each other's games( we could but we would be at serious disadvantage against the better players on both games respectively)
i meant something on the lines like we combine the ladders, so TS players can compete with Ra 2 players on a point based system or something without actually having to jump from one game to another.
I dont wot the scene is like on ra 2 but TS players could use another incentive to play and by having a new roster of players to compete against, maybe ppl will start playing more, dnno just thoughts

like say there are 2 players, **** and tom

**** plays TS and wins 10 games and loses 2 1v1s and has 200 points
tom plays ra2 and has 10 wins and 2 loses in 1v1 and but has 205 points
there fore tom would be rank 1 and **** rank 2 on a new ladder or something like that

without having to actually play each other's game of choice, they can still compete on a ladder against one another

at the end of the month we can award a prize to the top competitor and say like 'ra2' wins the month or 'ts' wins the month
hell we got a big enough community here to do this, we shud utilize it

#7 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

This has got to be a joke?

#8 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:15 AM

**** no !
Farang this isnt a joke of ray i guess.
it was a great idea with the updated HOF and with his idea who 'won' the month,ra2 or ts.
finally some great ideas to build up our all loved game~
we can't say,great or **** idea,we just have to try it, for example,1 month or something and watch how its working.

#9 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

hey ray!~

good idea m8 :D

#10 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Maybe we could suggest this idea to the NBA and the NFL?
Can't see why they didnt do this before with their ladders....

oh no wait yes i can, its because the idea ****ing blows

#11 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

You never know unless you try, thats what the experiment stage of the scientific method is. Then we'll record our data. If it is successful, then we should implement it.

The last 6 months i've noticed about 5 players on the 1v1 ladder and only a handful of clans.

TS needs more competition if its ever going to survive.

Competing vs our fellow Ra 2 players would increase the player base to compete with relatively quickly.

Is there a way we can code a new ladder that incorporates both games? like on a point based system or something?

#12 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

I suppose it could be done pending olaf's approval, he could build it himself or have others that I know are willing and capable build it on his behalf.

Edited by nitemarez, 10 February 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#13 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

Wassup Ray! Excellent idea!

I brought up somting similar to this in the lounge sometime last year or before and got flamed like crazy. I told them TS is free to come try it out.

This is perfect and i wuldnt mind owning some Ra2 folk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users