#51 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

I think Olaf finally realised that allowing TS players to vote on a moderator, is like allowing patients to choose who runs the lunatic asylum.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to vote, period, and that's true for the real world also, you should have to pass a basic common sense test before being allowed to vote, otherwise you are destined for disaster.

This should not be a popularity contest, this should be about getting things fixed and changes made.

With that being said, i think it would be thoroughly entertaining to give WhiteTib the position, and would really enjoy seeing him assume the role.

So please, if you are not going to hire neogrant as TS admin, and you are going to go ahead with this pointless position, at least put someone in that will make it entertaining.
WhiteTib would provide hours of comedy in the role.

I like the part where you contradict yourself; please pick one position on the subject to represent.
I'm sure Olaf is capable of voicing his opinion on the matter and doesn't need you to do so for him.

@Mole40k: How did the last poll end?

#52 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

I like the part where you contradict yourself; please pick one position on the subject to represent.
I'm sure Olaf is capable of voicing his opinion on the matter and doesn't need you to do so for him.

@Mole40k: How did the last poll end?

there was no contradiction, and nobody was talking on olafs behalf, if you learned to read correctly you would see that i used the term "i think", my advice to you, spend less time on TS forums, and more time learning how to read.

#53 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

there was no contradiction, and nobody was talking on olafs behalf, if you learned to read correctly you would see that i used the term "i think", my advice to you, spend less time on TS forums, and more time learning how to read.

I have no issues reading, thank you. Perhaps you should re-read your posts prior to submittal.

Statement:

This should not be a popularity contest, this should be about getting things fixed and changes made.

Contradiction:

With that being said, i think it would be thoroughly entertaining to give WhiteTib the position...

In no way were you asked "what you think", Olaf's opinion is on the matter; to interject what you believe is simply a means of implying on their behalf. Either way, you're not positively contributing to this thread (or any other). With that, it would appear you have a troll-ish agenda which I refuse to feed any longer. I'm going to follow nitemarez's advice and therein elect you as the first member of my ignore list. Best of wishes!

Edited by Aleatory, 17 February 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#54 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

Try and advertise this on the TS lobby's, use tiny link for a redirect.

e.g

http://tiny.cc/tsmoderator

#55 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6690 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Do you have issues reading or understanding the English language?
First of all when will you grasp the fact that a TS mod without an admin can achieve virtually nothing?

Let me guess, you are a complete newb to this community and missed the past 4 years when we had a TS mod, yet almost nothing got done?
You and people like you, coming into these threads and making silly ideas without really thinking them through are the ones who are missing the point.

This isnt my opinion, its not my opinion that we need a ts admin, its a cold hard fact supported by years of proof.
And if Neogrant isnt overly interested in the position, then its for us to get behind him and convince him to help us out, because he is our best shot at getting an admin, and having these changes we all want done.

If you get the admin job, you wont be able to do jack ****, nothing, nada, zero, understand?
And thats not me saying that, thats 4 years of cold hard proof saying that, but you havent been here have you?

I almost just want Olaf to give one of these guys the job, just so everyone can realise what a waste of time it is, and then stfu about having a TS mod.
I vote for WhiteTib, he will be the most entertaining.

What harm could it do?

#56 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

I have no issues reading, thank you. Perhaps you should re-read your posts prior to submittal.

Statement:

Contradiction:

In no way were you asked "what you think", Olaf's opinion is on the matter; to interject what you believe is simply a means of implying on their behalf. Either way, you're not positively contributing to this thread (or any other). With that, it would appear you have a troll-ish agenda which I refuse to feed any longer. I'm going to follow nitemarez's advice and therein elect you as the first member of my ignore list. Best of wishes!

You still appear to be difficulty understanding the english language, thats not a contradiction, but its all good homie, i just noticed where you are from, and i completely understand, so dont worry about it.

#57 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

can there everyone become a ts mod?
who the fawk voted for this newb lostsouls.
his gamereading is 0,his plan of true games on ww maps is 0,everything is **** of him.
dont vote for him!

#58 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

can there everyone become a ts mod?
who the fawk voted for this newb lostsouls.
his gamereading is 0,his plan of true games on ww maps is 0,everything is **** of him.
dont vote for him!

I'm not sure what your first question means but, I don't believe your playing experience should matter in a decision of this nature. Candidates should strictly be voted on their ability to moderate (as per the position).

#59 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm not sure what your first question means but, I don't believe your playing experience should matter in a decision of this nature. Candidates should strictly be voted on their ability to moderate (as per the position).

Thats where I must say your wrong aleatory, If you dont understand how to play ts, you cant mod it, If you dont know how to spot phony screens or understand the proper placement of buildings to id someone glitching. Whoever does this, needs to atleast be an advanced level player.

#60 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Thats where I must say your wrong aleatory, If you dont understand how to play ts, you cant mod it, If you dont know how to spot phony screens or understand the proper placement of buildings to id someone glitching. Whoever does this, needs to atleast be an advanced level player.

Excellent point! My apologies for over looking that qualification.
-----
It's Feb 21st, which would bring our poll to an end.

# lostsouls (2 votes [10.53%])
# MaYwEaThErDaZ (6 votes [31.58%])
# silver23 (6 votes [31.58%])
# Nimixes (5 votes [26.32%])

It appears MaYwEaThErDaZ and silver23 have tied in vote accumulation; perhaps we could have a limited trial run for these two candidates. Alternatively, I wouldn't see the harm in having two moderators. Either way, congratulations are certainly in order for all participants and hopefully, an admin will reply soon for offer a final verdict.

Edited by Aleatory, 21 February 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#61 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Why did you remove the poll? Was there not an option to close the poll, instead of removing the results?

Edited by neogrant, 21 February 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#62 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Why did you remove the poll? Was there not an option to close the poll, instead of removing the results?

Sadly, no; there was no option to close the poll, which is why I directly pasted the results.

#63 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

so what is to sequentially become of this now strike-team?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users