62 replies to this topic

#26 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

No, I possess quite an excellent understanding of the English language. Thank you.

Thats great, maybe spend more time reading through things in future, would save you regurgitating points that have already been addressed.

Not only is this subjective but as to my knowledge, the Strike-Team's admin is Olaf. Realistically, there should be no need for another for this particular task.

Ok, once again, your ignorance comes shining through, there are many admins here, and it is the admins that have access to make changes and action the things the community wants done, without and admin, nothing gets done, understand?

A moderator cannot update HOF, they cannot ban cheaters, or reset players points, you need an admin for those things.
AGAIN, a moderator cannot do it.
So whats the purpose of having a moderator?

I'll tell you, without an admin, it servers no purpose.

While I am new(er) here, the Tiberian Sun moderator position was not my idea; it spawned from members that have been here much longer than myself. However, I (obviously) support the idea which is the reason for this poll. You (Farang), are the only person I've seen petitioning for a Tiberian Sun admin.

Yes i gathered you are a newb, and a follower too it seems.
Once upon a time, Pythagoras suggested the earth was round, and not flat, nobody believed him of course, but i'm sure you are aware the earth is indeed round?
Theres a moral to that story, and i sincerely hope you can figure it out.

I certainly hope that you haven't been here four years only to contribute negativity. No offence but, most of the posts I've seen from you have been rather de-constructive.

How are my points deconstructive? Is it because they disagree with your points? So mine automatically become the "deconstructive" ones right?

How about actually PROVING my points are deconstructive?
Because my points are supported by 4 years of cold hard history and facts.
Yours are supported by your newbie opinion, and nothing else.

Yes, you can blame me for being a 'new fish' in this community but, let's try to be mature. I'm not going to harass you for your opinion, I would sincerely appreciate if you didn't me over mine. If you would rather a TS Admin be installed in lieu of a moderator, I'd strongly suggest you make another topic.

No its very simple, there's no point having a TS moderator UNLESS you have a admin.
A moderator alone can do nothing, how many times does this need to be explained to you, you clearly have no idea what a moderator is capable of, or what powers they have, yet seem to want to be one (LOL), and think that having one is beneficial, when we have 11 years of proof, that it isn't.

edit: @nitemarez: Thanks for that information. I try to give everyone a fair chance before fully ignoring them lol!
Go ahead ignore me, i couldnt care less, would be doing me a favor and saving me time having to correct your ignorant drivel.

#27 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Do you have issues reading or understanding the English language?

No, but what relevance does this have to the topic ?

First of all when will you grasp the fact that a TS mod without an admin can achieve virtually nothing?

A TS mod, is typically defined as an addon, such as TS Gold, etc...

A Tiberian Sun Moderator however, CAN achieve stuff, because Strike Team ALREADY has Admins.

Let me guess, you are a complete newb to this community and missed the past 4 years when we had a TS mod, yet almost nothing got done?
You and people like you, coming into these threads and making silly ideas without really thinking them through are the ones who are missing the point.

That kind of attitude is very rude, not very helpful, and although "parts" of it are factual, it's unfair to assume that the ONLY reason Tiberian Sun has been going downhill is due to the way that staff here have been able to commit, due to other commitments.

Other factors for TS downfall include:
- General attitude of players.
- Problems with cheating
- Interest in the game
- The fact that TS is now free
- etc... etc...

This isnt my opinion, its not my opinion that we need a ts admin, its a cold hard fact supported by years of proof.
And if Neogrant isnt overly interested in the position, then its for us to get behind him and convince him to help us out, because he is our best shot at getting an admin, and having these changes we all want done.

I totally agree... it isn't your opinion... look at all the other zillions of posts screaming out for a TS admin, look for the petition to the Government for a TS admin, look at the way that the global economy has failed, because TS doesn't have a TS admin.... we need 1 now.... cold hard fact.... </sarcasm>

IT IS your opinion, and the reason you want neogrant as Admin, is because he's the only person in the entire planet who refuses to ban you from here.

Now, you talk about us pushing him into the position, it simply won't work... because people HATE being pushed into positions of authority..... After all.... we pushed you out of TS soooo many times... AND YOU'RE STILL HERE !

If you get the admin job, you wont be able to do jack ****, nothing, nada, zero, understand?
And thats not me saying that, thats 4 years of cold hard proof saying that, but you havent been here have you?

How come he won't be able to do anything as Admin, yet neogrant will ? That's a bit one-sided isn't it ?

I almost just want Olaf to give one of these guys the job, just so everyone can realise what a waste of time it is, and then stfu about having a TS mod.
I vote for WhiteTib, he will be the most entertaining.

ROFL, LMAO, LOL, BRB, weetaflakes, LAFF, WTF, BRB, BBQ, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

No.

#28 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

No, but what relevance does this have to the topic ?

A TS mod, is typically defined as an addon, such as TS Gold, etc...

A Tiberian Sun Moderator however, CAN achieve stuff, because Strike Team ALREADY has Admins.

That kind of attitude is very rude, not very helpful, and although "parts" of it are factual, it's unfair to assume that the ONLY reason Tiberian Sun has been going downhill is due to the way that staff here have been able to commit, due to other commitments.

Other factors for TS downfall include:
- General attitude of players.
- Problems with cheating
- Interest in the game
- The fact that TS is now free
- etc... etc...

I totally agree... it isn't your opinion... look at all the other zillions of posts screaming out for a TS admin, look for the petition to the Government for a TS admin, look at the way that the global economy has failed, because TS doesn't have a TS admin.... we need 1 now.... cold hard fact.... </sarcasm>

IT IS your opinion, and the reason you want neogrant as Admin, is because he's the only person in the entire planet who refuses to ban you from here.

Now, you talk about us pushing him into the position, it simply won't work... because people HATE being pushed into positions of authority..... After all.... we pushed you out of TS soooo many times... AND YOU'RE STILL HERE !

How come he won't be able to do anything as Admin, yet neogrant will ? That's a bit one-sided isn't it ?

ROFL, LMAO, LOL, BRB, weetaflakes, LAFF, WTF, BRB, BBQ, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

No.

I'm watching the cute girl on deal or no deal (you remember what girls are right?),
and really cant be bothered to read this, because again you are trolling and trying to argue against what we know to be facts, so its just pointless.

With that said, id love to see you in a moderator position, id love to watch you argue tirelessly with the admins to get things done, only to be ignored, and id also really love you to try and ban me, only to fail again, so please make my day and run for ts moderator, PLEASE!!!

I will vote for you, purely for entertainment value

Edited by Farang, 10 February 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#29 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Farang, the point that you are missing is that the moderator would also subside as a representative for the Tiberian Sun community. As a representative, the moderator would have a "direct" line of communication to make suggestions for change/appendages to the current admin(s).

Comparatively think, a state/province has it's senator/representative (moderator) but the country as a whole has their leader/president (admin).

Often, people don't just become admin without any prior experience and typically no self-respectful admin would simply grant that type of power to a random person. As I stated previously, in most environments people work their way up and gain trust from their community prior to being promoted directly to the top.

Your points are de-constructive because you are trying to substitute your (personal) opinion for fact. Granted, you are entitled to your opinion but so is everyone, thus respect must be accredited for all. With that in mind, again I urge you to be mature, discontinue your ranting or take your suggestion to another thread. Thank you

anytime aleatory, I can tell you are responsible/intelligent individual from the way you conduct yourself.

Thanks for all your constructive input on the topic and issues @ hand, they are truly appreciated!~

Thank you! I'm just trying to contribute any way possible!

Edited by Aleatory, 10 February 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#30 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

You know I think this thread is proof enough that we need a mod in the TS section, if anything just to delete all the derailing threads posted by a certain someone who seems intent on attacking pretty much every member who makes a contribution on here.

#31 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Off-Topic post removed.

Edited by WhiteTib, 10 February 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#32 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Go for it, last time you thought you had banned me, i had access to the staff lounge ROFL

#33 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

Off-Topic post removed.

Edited by WhiteTib, 10 February 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#34 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

If you could both stop it would be greatly appreciated, as this is getting way off topic. Thanks

I'm going to remove myself from the poll as I've reconsidered my decision :)

Edited by Aleatory, 10 February 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#35 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Definitly a close vote so far! But we need more votes people, everyone has to participate I see members posting in the topics but not voting :huh: The faster we get this done the quicker we get a TS mod to find the solutions for TS!
As Aleatory said lets try not to get off topic here..and why are you backing out of the race bro?

#36 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

I come to the realization that for now, I'd much rather stay a member. Withal I still plan on being an active part of the community, I don't think this is the right time for me to be in a moderator position. Although if the opportunity were to ever present itself again, I'd probably give it a go. :)

Best of luck!

#37 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Farang, the point that you are missing is that the moderator would also subside as a representative for the Tiberian Sun community. As a representative, the moderator would have a "direct" line of communication to make suggestions for change/appendages to the current admin(s).

Comparatively think, a state/province has it's senator/representative (moderator) but the country as a whole has their leader/president (admin).

WE HAD A TS MODERATOR HERE FOR 6 YEARS BUDDY, It didnt change anything, he would ask for things to be done, and they wouldnt get done, points not reset, cheaters not banned, hof not updated, thats the way it has been for 4 years, and thoughout that time, WE HAVE HAD A MODERATOR, thats why im telling you, a moderator alone is pointless.
We NEED AN ADMIN.

Often, people don't just become admin without any prior experience and typically no self-respectful admin would simply grant that type of power to a random person. As I stated previously, in most environments people work their way up and gain trust from their community prior to being promoted directly to the top.

Thats why i recommended Neogrant, ge ticks all those boxes for Admin.

Your points are de-constructive because you are trying to substitute your (personal) opinion for fact. Granted, you are entitled to your opinion but so is everyone, thus respect must be accredited for all. With that in mind, again I urge you to be mature, discontinue your ranting or take your suggestion to another thread. Thank you

Its a fact that we have had a TS moderator here for 6 years, its a fact that he was unable to get admins to action virtually most of his requests over the past 4 years, there would be a month here, or a month there where they would, and then he would be ignored again, hence why he got disheartened with it all, and quit the site.

Thank you! I'm just trying to contribute any way possible!

Thats fine, but you need to realise that being so new, you have no real frame of reference with how the site has operated over the past 6 years, and while it may appear to you that my efforts are deconstructive, you will realise that its the complete opposite, im trying to get an admin in so we can have constructive changes, and not just carry on with the same nonsense we have had for 4 years.

#38 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Does any of this matter, I havent heard any input from olaf on this at all... Kinda like wanting in one hand and shitting in the other, see which fills up first

#39 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

WE HAD A TS MODERATOR HERE FOR 6 YEARS BUDDY, It didnt change anything, he would ask for things to be done, and they wouldnt get done, points not reset, cheaters not banned, hof not updated, thats the way it has been for 4 years, and thoughout that time, WE HAVE HAD A MODERATOR, thats why im telling you, a moderator alone is pointless.
We NEED AN ADMIN.

No offense to any ts moderator from before. But maybe he didnt do a good job. There was points reset and cheaters banned at many different eras throughout the years. Its possible wit or without serial validation. YOur right, a TS mod and ADMIN would be awesome. But if we dont get a admin, we deft need som1 to sort out topics, clean the cheat reports and make sure they contact a admin to reset points.

Good point tho. Moderator alone is pointless, especially if ST isnt willing to cooperate with the moderator and enforce action.
Lets be honest, ST will not give any of us admin powers right off the bat. so gotta work the way up, esp if Neo doesnt accept the offer and of course with ST admins approval.

@ nimixes, i think Olaf will respond once we get our act together and come up with 3 potential people for a Moderator or even if NEogrant replies to the post. Also we need to come up with a solution to having serial validation on or off.
Lets see.

Edited by hefeweize, 11 February 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#40 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

out of the 4 potential mods i vote for silver or nimixes. and is it just me or is it suspicious how wt's posts have been removed and bettzeugs tidalwave of troll sh*t is still here

#41 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

out of the 4 potential mods i vote for silver or nimixes. and is it just me or is it suspicious how wt's posts have been removed and bettzeugs tidalwave of troll sh*t is still here

Word filter.

Off-Topic post removed.
This post has been edited by WhiteTib: 10 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

#42 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

@orochi:
I removed my posts, I didn't want to be accused of trolling, derailing or starting an argument, even though I wasn't, so the only way we could stay on track without Bettz picking holes in every post I made, and without making this the longest thread in the planet, was to delete the content of my posts, and try and progress this thread towards it's productive goal of getting a moderator for TS :)

Sorry for any confusion :)

#43 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

-Bump-
With only 28 voters and less than one week remaining for this poll, it seems as if the majority of the community rather not have a Tiberian Sun moderator.

#44 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

-Bump-
With only 28 voters and less than one week remaining for this poll, it seems as if the majority of the community rather not have a Tiberian Sun moderator.

Based on the fact that ST staff would like 60 votes, and last time I went on TS, there were only 52 people playing.. it would be nice, if ST staff reavluated their agreement for 60 votes, and looked at who has most votes in this poll, perhaps ?

#45 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Based on the fact that ST staff would like 60 votes, and last time I went on TS, there were only 52 people playing.. it would be nice, if ST staff reavluated their agreement for 60 votes, and looked at who has most votes in this poll, perhaps ?

There was no agreement, it was strictly a suggestion. At the time of the original post, there were nearly 80 players online and I documented the logic from there. With that said, 60 votes is far from set in stone; I agree, perhaps once this poll expires (Feb 21) the admins should just consider the total votes.

#46 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

There was no agreement, it was strictly a suggestion. At the time of the original post, there were nearly 80 players online and I documented the logic from there. With that said, 60 votes is far from set in stone; I agree, perhaps once this poll expires (Feb 21) the admins should just consider the total votes.

My bad.

Okay, suggestion.

Consider going on at various times of day and night, count how many players are on... and after a time, collate the results... create an average, then knock off an educated guess (based on players who frequent the TS lobby) of those people who aren't members here... and you have a rough idea on how many votes you could need for this vote.

When I went on yesterday, there were 12 players, and filling a 4 player game took nearly 45 minutes to accomplish.

#47 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

At this time there aren't many players on however, it does progress later in the day. Also, all new accounts are required to sign up here and register via the control panel in order to play online

Edited by Aleatory, 17 February 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#48 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

I fear this vote may end up going the same way as the last vote. From my perspective at least this whole procedure is turning into another attempt at stalling by ST.

#49 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

nice vote lostsouls... :wallbash:

it would be more helpful at this point for you to vote for one of the 3 actual contenders unless of course you are indifferent on the subject....

#50 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

I think Olaf finally realised that allowing TS players to vote on a moderator, is like allowing patients to choose who runs the lunatic asylum.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to vote, period, and that's true for the real world also, you should have to pass a basic common sense test before being allowed to vote, otherwise you are destined for disaster.

This should not be a popularity contest, this should be about getting things fixed and changes made.

With that being said, i think it would be thoroughly entertaining to give WhiteTib the position, and would really enjoy seeing him assume the role.

So please, if you are not going to hire neogrant as TS admin, and you are going to go ahead with this pointless position, at least put someone in that will make it entertaining.
WhiteTib would provide hours of comedy in the role.

Edited by Farang, 17 February 2011 - 05:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users