#1 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

I've tried including everyone who has expressed interest from this thread. If I've missed anyone, I sincerely apologize; please state correction. Since there have been several posts regarding the number of votes required to be considered majority; I personally think 60 (view below). Pragmatically, this poll should be allotted two (2) weeks (21 Feb 11) to become effective; at which point the highest voted candidate (pending 60 total votes) should be briefed and forwarded to their new position. All candidates are encouraged to vote for themselves once (this brings us closer to 60 votes).

Vote Determination:
250    | relative nicks
-15    | missing dates (void)
/2     | average nicks per user (obviously inconsistent between users)
/2(+1) | considerable majority
----
60     | total votes to be accounted.
  • Numbers based on the XWIS Tiberian Sun players list
  • Total figure is rounded up
  • I obviously have nothing to do nor am affiliated with the Strike-Team
  • This is all just my opinion on how a moderator should be properly selected

edit: poll closed Feb 21

Edited by Aleatory, 21 February 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#2 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

I voted silver for the simple fact I know he's done this before, but aleatory you clearly have more experience just I haven't seen you as frequently or at all in the past m8 so it's hard for me to be unbiased towards you only knowing you a week or so.

:clapping:

thanks to everyone who has applied and to everyone who has voted and will vote!~

the important thing to realize here is that no one of those chosen is a "winner" but rather everyone in the community who was constructive here.

Thanks again as we owe each other a great big thank you for simply coming together.

:kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

Edited by nitemarez, 07 February 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#3 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Skable and neogrant ?

#4 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Skable and neogrant ?

I didn't see a post from either of them expressing interest in the position. However, if they would like to be added we certainly can :)

idk if I'd make a suitable moderator on the simple factor that I don't really play TS, or any game online really. I don't really have the internet for that.

@nitemarez Yup. I am new(er) here, so that's completely understandable. I just like getting the ball rolling lol Hopefully (if we can get enough votes), this will be an effective way of concluding who should be the new moderator; as they would clearly have been chosen by the community.

Edited by Aleatory, 07 February 2011 - 07:56 PM.

#5 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'd be willing to do it, however, there really needs to be 2 moderators minimum.
I can't guarantee that I'd be available every day of the week.
I can easily manage the IRC channels as well through IceChat or mIRC.(the bot is useless imo, but I've said this a million times already).

#6 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

I vote neogrant for admin, because having a TS mod without an admin, is like having a bike without wheels.

Once we have a TS admin, i couldnt care less about who is a moderator, heck all of you can be moderators if you want,
but without an admin, none of you can do anything as a moderator, so the job serves no purpose, why is this so hard for people to understand?

Its very simple logic.
Light bulbs need electricity, cars need fuel, chickens need eggs, mods need admin's.

Are we learning yet?
You need a TS admin FIRST, and THEN you elect a moderator.

In the past, Olaf, Riz and some of the other admins used to do the admin tasks, but they dont do it anymore, and without them doing the admin tasks, NOTHING GETS DONE!

DUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the average IQ of a TS player? 5?

I'd be willing to do it, however, there really needs to be 2 moderators minimum.
I can't guarantee that I'd be available every day of the week.
I can easily manage the IRC channels as well through IceChat or mIRC.(the bot is useless imo, but I've said this a million times already).

I can assure you, you wont be getting any access to the IRC channels, so no need to worry about it.

Edited by Farang, 07 February 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#7 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

I vote neogrant for admin, because having a TS mod without an admin, is like having a bike without wheels.

Once we have a TS admin, i couldnt care less about who is a moderator, heck all of you can be moderators if you want,
but without an admin, none of you can do anything as a moderator, so the job serves no purpose, why is this so hard for people to understand?

Its very simple logic.
Light bulbs need electricity, cars need fuel, chickens need eggs, mods need admin's.

Are we learning yet?
You need a TS admin FIRST, and THEN you elect a moderator.

In the past, Olaf, Riz and some of the other admins used to do the admin tasks, but they dont do it anymore, and without them doing the admin tasks, NOTHING GETS DONE!

DUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the average IQ of a TS player? 5?

I can assure you, you wont be getting any access to the IRC channels, so no need to worry about it.

Be great to get an actual reply from Neogrant.

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6690 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Hope this works out for your community.

#9 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

6 votes guys? I'd have expected more by now.

must not want it that badly...

Edited by nitemarez, 08 February 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#10 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

6 votes guys? I'd have expected more by now.

must not want it that badly...

I think people have realized they need an admin for a moderator to be of any use.

#11 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Farang Icon. View it anyway?

no thnx. :thumbsup:

#12 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

I have voted null vote, so that makes at least 7.

#13 spawn1uk

spawn1uk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

is that mayweatherdaz the dazirlean or watever hes called that plays??

#14 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

is that mayweatherdaz the dazirlean or watever hes called that plays??

correct, he has either matured a lot in the past 6-12 months, or he is on best behaviour

#15 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

push it for darren m8 !°
#1337 :p

#16 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

I matured a lot since back then:P

-
On topic
-
Considering Neogrant would be the best solution here(if he is willing of course) , there should be a poll for him as well..

#17 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

that's like adding santa clause, where has he said anything of the sort so far?

#18 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

It's for us to elect him, not for him to elect himself, if enough people show support for him, he will likely accept the promotion to Admin, afterall, he has been signing onto this website everyday for a number of years to offer help, and is the only staff member here to show interest in the TS community, all it would mean is him achieving a more prestigious position on a site he been working on for a number of years.

But again, its for the TS community to show enough support that he feels comfortable taking on this role, he certainly wont take it on if everyone is negative about it, which seems to be some peoples agenda (nitemarez).

#19 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

this is an awesome idea! best of luck to all candidates.

It's for us to elect him, not for him to elect himself, if enough people show support for him, he will likely accept the promotion to Admin, afterall, he has been signing onto this website everyday for a number of years to offer help, and is the only staff member here to show interest in the TS community, all it would mean is him achieving a more prestigious position on a site he been working on for a number of years.

But again, its for the TS community to show enough support that he feels comfortable taking on this role, he certainly wont take it on if everyone is negative about it, which seems to be some peoples agenda (nitemarez).

nothing against neogrant (I think he'd be a great choice) but, if he has no interest - then he has no interest. no point in electing a person who doesn't have an interest.

#20 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

I believe you've missed the point. In my opinion, there is no point in electing a person who has no interest in serving the position.
Also, this is an election for a Tiberian Sun moderator, not administrator; typically, people work their way up prior to being promoted to the top :)

#21 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

I believe you've missed the point. In my opinion, there is no point in electing a person who has no interest in serving the position.
Also, this is an election for a Tiberian Sun moderator, not administrator; typically, people work their way up prior to being promoted to the top :)

Do you have issues reading or understanding the English language?
First of all when will you grasp the fact that a TS mod without an admin can achieve virtually nothing?

Let me guess, you are a complete newb to this community and missed the past 4 years when we had a TS mod, yet almost nothing got done?
You and people like you, coming into these threads and making silly ideas without really thinking them through are the ones who are missing the point.

This isnt my opinion, its not my opinion that we need a ts admin, its a cold hard fact supported by years of proof.
And if Neogrant isnt overly interested in the position, then its for us to get behind him and convince him to help us out, because he is our best shot at getting an admin, and having these changes we all want done.

If you get the admin job, you wont be able to do jack ****, nothing, nada, zero, understand?
And thats not me saying that, thats 4 years of cold hard proof saying that, but you havent been here have you?

I almost just want Olaf to give one of these guys the job, just so everyone can realise what a waste of time it is, and then stfu about having a TS mod.
I vote for WhiteTib, he will be the most entertaining.

Edited by Farang, 10 February 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#22 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

aleatory, farang is an idiot who trolls the strike-team ts forums (because he isn't aloud anywhere else) with the specific intentions of derailing any constructive community effort.

he takes advantage of the lack of moderation and tries to twist things into things they have nothing to do with.

don't take what he says seriously and if you've learned as I have it's simply more effective to block his idiotic rants saving you both time and page space.

the ignore feature is located in you profile. so put it to good use (as I have) and ignore this life long script kiddie, cheater, flamer, tosser, total fruit, and perm banned cheater. ;)

SILVER23 FOR THE WIN!!~

#23 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

Do you have issues reading or understanding the English language?

No, I possess quite an excellent understanding of the English language. Thank you.

First of all when will you grasp the fact that a TS mod without an admin can achieve virtually nothing?

Not only is this subjective but as to my knowledge, the Strike-Team's admin is Olaf. Realistically, there should be no need for another for this particular task.

Let me guess, you are a complete newb to this community and missed the past 4 years when we had a TS mod, yet almost nothing got done?
You and people like you, coming into these threads and making silly ideas without really thinking them through are the ones who are missing the point.

This isnt my opinion, its not my opinion that we need a ts admin, its a cold hard fact supported by years of proof.
And if Neogrant isnt overly interested in the position, then its for us to get behind him and convince him to help us out, because he is our best shot at getting an admin, and having these changes we all want done.

While I am new(er) here, the Tiberian Sun moderator position was not my idea; it spawned from members that have been here much longer than myself. However, I (obviously) support the idea which is the reason for this poll. You (Farang), are the only person I've seen petitioning for a Tiberian Sun admin.

If you get the admin job, you wont be able to do jack ****, nothing, nada, zero, understand?
And thats not me saying that, thats 4 years of cold hard proof saying that, but you havent been here have you?

I almost just want Olaf to give one of these guys the job, just so everyone can realise what a waste of time it is, and then stfu about having a TS mod.
I vote for WhiteTib, he will be the most entertaining.

I certainly hope that you haven't been here four years only to contribute negativity. No offence but, most of the posts I've seen from you have been rather de-constructive. Yes, you can blame me for being a 'new fish' in this community but, let's try to be mature. I'm not going to harass you for your opinion, I would sincerely appreciate if you didn't me over mine. If you would rather a TS Admin be installed in lieu of a moderator, I'd strongly suggest you make another topic.

edit: @nitemarez: Thanks for that information. I try to give everyone a fair chance before fully ignoring them lol!

Edited by Aleatory, 10 February 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#24 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

aleatory, farang is an idiot who trolls the strike-team ts forums (because he isn't aloud anywhere else) with the specific intentions of derailing any constructive community effort.

I'm derailing a deconstructive effort by people here who are seemingly too dumb to learn from history or hard logic.

he takes advantage of the lack of moderation and tries to twist things into things they have nothing to do with.

Plenty of mods here dude, you trying to call the mods in is just more proof of how desperate you are and the fact you are incapable of debating my logic.

don't take what he says seriously and if you've learned as I have it's simply more effective to block his idiotic rants saving you both
time and page space.

you apparently have blocked me, but everytime i make a post you are the first dude to start viewing the thread LOL

the ignore feature is located in you profile. so put it to good use (as I have) and ignore this life long script kiddie, cheater, flamer, tosser, total fruit, and perm banned cheater. ;)

i wish you would ignore me, i wouldn't have to tolerate your emotional fueled outbursts, you should consider seeing a doctor, you need to get your emotions in check,

SILVER23 FOR THE WIN!!~

i think silva would make a good mod, but without an admin, he will be powerless to do anything, and we have YEARS of proof to confirm that.

#25 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

anytime aleatory, I can tell you are responsible/intelligent individual from the way you conduct yourself.

Thanks for all your constructive input on the topic and issues @ hand, they are truly appreciated!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users