24 replies to this topic

#1 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

If the community really wants meaningful changes, here is a solution.

Neogrant = Strike Team Admin
He ticks all the boxes to admin the TS community with immediate effect,
he is active in the TS community, reliable, mature, technically capable, has history and trust with ST and more importantly Olaf.

He is perfectly suitable to step into an administrative role with immediate effect.
He could be updating the HOF, actioning bans, resetting cheaters points and posting messages in the server lobby in a matter of days.

All it would require is a little assistance from Olaf, to give him the access and show him how to do things.
Of course Neogrant would also have to be willing to give up his free time to do this, but I think if the community really want to see meaningful changes,
they could show enough support and convince him to take the role.

Neogrant is pretty much the only person that can make meaningful changes happen in the short term, and thats what we should all be aiming for.
Meaningful changes.

His only flaw is that he isn't familiar with the finer exploits of the game.
But thats ok because he will have a small team of TS Helpers to assist him.

TS Helpers

TS Helpers will offer their experience to assist the TS Admin, with resolving reports, and assisting players, new and old.
And overall helping to improve the online experience on TS for everyone.
Helping connection issues, teaching new players get online etc.

They need to be very experienced, and moderately active on the game, and the forums.
I think 3 TS Helpers would be a good number of people to support Neogrant, and this would mean the support wouldn't be cripped if one was absent.
Of course with time, TS Helpers could potentially build enough trust with Strike team and Olaf to also be promoted to Admin level.

Like it or not, this is the real solution to get the changes you want made, actually done.
If everyone is unanimously behind Neogrant, and shows him support, he is the guy that can really help this situation.

He might be reluctant to do it, but with enough support from us, he might just say yes.

Neogrant are you interested in this?
Don't you think its time you made the leap from Helper to Admin, and helped this community making some meaningful changes?
Olaf is this solution viable?

Do you have enough faith in neo to give him admin level access?

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#2 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

dunno wot this is but aren't you perm banned from strike-team?

why are you posting ? :spammer: :cheater:

:bash:

#3 gansta8u

gansta8u

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • XWIS Name: F0odLi0n

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

you want help? get this guy banned...
dps2004 he is also Rankone, Kimutaku... who uses fiends in a 11 year old game? Please ban and reset ladder

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168294-dps2004-using-fiends/page__p__1442405__hl__dps2004__fromsearch__1#entry1442405 here is the link, ban plz

#4 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

Could work. But who would take Neo's place on the help team?

#5 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

not a bad suggestion at all, its definitly a possibility

#6 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

dunno wot this is but aren't you perm banned from strike-team?

why are you posting ? :spammer: :cheater:

:bash:

Provide proof?

I would also urge staff to take action against posts like this, its really getting us nowhere.

Could work. But who would take Neo's place on the help team?

Are you suggesting that Neo would lose all of this Helping abilities by becoming an admin?
What a strange question to ask, Olaf could replace neo with someone new or let neo help as an admin.

Edited by Farang, 07 February 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#7 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

it could be like a branch, the trial mods create solutions with the help of the TS community and when a decision is reached upon the trial mods they bring it to Neogrant see what his ideas or suggestions are on it and when shapened up he brings it to Olaf and the other Admins because he does have a bigger influence with them since he is a ST staff member. It will just be a huge process of dedicated teamwork.

#8 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

I have no objections to this,

Looks like it's up to Neogrant...

#9 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

Good idea! Ideas like this works Farang as long as your compromising the fact of having someone help moderate the TS section.

Altho it would be great to have someone from within the community be a moderator with basic privilages such as maintaining a forum, closing opening topics and issuing warnings. Based on that, im sure Olaf will make the decision to issue more privilages to the mod or even 'ts helpers'.

#10 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

If the community really wants meaningful changes, here is a solution

etc, ......

Do you have enough faith in neo to give him admin level access?

He has already said he is not interested in TS, or the TS mod position.

#11 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

People can always reconsider though. Altho this is great idea, i was hoping to have som1 from the community. But i belive neo would deft get more powers than any of us to make somting happen making this a great idea as well!

#12 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:05 AM

he doesnt have to be a TS mod, but he likes communicating with the TS community. He could just be the TS mods' spokesperson to the admins when new ideas and solutions are brought to the table.

#13 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

He has already said he is not interested in TS, or the TS mod position.

Strike Team Admin, not TS mod.
Pay more attention.

The guy has been a helper forever, and just because he has said hes not interested in the past, doesnt mean he cannot reconsider,
but its down to the community to give him the inspiration to reconsider.

If we all are positive and supportive of him, hes more likely to accept the position.

If people here want changes, and want things done, being realistic about the situation, this is how it happens, and neogrant is the guy who seems to be active enough and have the level of trust Olaf might be comfortable giving admin access.

Edited by Farang, 07 February 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#14 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

Are you suggesting that Neo would lose all of this Helping abilities by becoming an admin?
What a strange question to ask, Olaf could replace neo with someone new or let neo help as an admin.

Obviously that's not what I said. I said "Who would take his on the help team?"
The help team group is there for a reason.

#15 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

Obviously that's not what I said. I said "Who would take his on the help team?"
The help team group is there for a reason.

As i told you already, Neo could still help as a admin, OR olaf could get someone new.
If you want to know specifically what actual member would replace neo, then you need to contact Olaf Van Der Spek,
because he makes those decisions, not me.

But thank you Skable for another amazing contribution to the thread.

Edited by Farang, 07 February 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#16 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

As i told you already, Neo could still help as a admin, OR olaf could get someone new.
If you want to know specifically what actual member would replace neo, then you need to contact Olaf Van Der Spek,
because he makes those decisions, not me.

But thank you Skable for another amazing contribution to the thread.

I was responding to your reply. Grow up.

#17 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

oh great, I stop arguing with him, and you start.... don't get sucked in Skable... this time next week, this thread will be totally derailed, and about 18 pages long talking about life on mars, or some other stuff.

#18 I0NST0RM

I0NST0RM

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

I would be willing to be a ts helper. I probably know more about the game itself than anyone else. If you get something rolling I'd be happy to help.

~Seb

#19 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

i sign up with seb for ts helper .
:)
want to be it also :)

~Phil

#20 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

From an outsider to TS: Good luck to Grant if he accepts this. The man is going to need nerves of steel, seeing the TS community's particular... tendencies, and the situation he would have to manage.

#21 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

TBH it's not difficult to manage at all if a) you know what you're doing and b) you know who to listen to and who not to listen to. Alas these have been the two primary contributing factors in the community's downfall these last few years. The main thing we need to recognise here, is that to do anything at all through ST, we need ST to cooperate with us. No more of these false promises. We need real, decisive action that works for the good of the community above all else.

#22 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

TBH it's not difficult to manage at all if a) you know what you're doing and b) you know who to listen to and who not to listen to. Alas these have been the two primary contributing factors in the community's downfall these last few years. The main thing we need to recognise here, is that to do anything at all through ST, we need ST to cooperate with us. No more of these false promises. We need real, decisive action that works for the good of the community above all else.

+ 1

#23 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

Yes and we would have a better chance of it happening if we had a TS representative(s)(moderator(s))that is really active with bringing new ideas and cards to the table to ST that are brought up from the TS community. Good communication with the ST admins and the TS MOD is the key to a better solution for TS. Eventually ST might listen to us and trust the community more if we had a trustful loyal TS mod or mods.

#24 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Sorry but that's a circular argument. We've got (and we've had for a long time) plenty of people ready able and willing to help and contribute, but what we need the means through which to actually do it.

#25 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Sorry but that's a circular argument. We've got (and we've had for a long time) plenty of people ready able and willing to help and contribute, but what we need the means through which to actually do it.

jackpot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users