Photo

Official Tiberian Sun Forum MOD* sign-up

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiberian Sun Moderator

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will having a tiberian sun Moderator help TS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

The title of this topic is...

Official Tiberian Sun Forum MOD* sign-up

Please... sign up, vote, or post your off-topic stuff, somewhere else, otherwise, I will be forced to start reporting your posts, in order to preserve the integrity of this topic, and keep it on-track.

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#52 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

How?
We have 6 years of proof to suggest it will make no difference whatsoever, thats the point''

This is up to what the moderator is willing to do and what can be accessed to do of course.

As I said before (If I was voted) everything I CAN do WILL be DONE

Edited by MaYwEaThErDaZ, 06 February 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#53 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Anyways what I wanted to say (mainly directed at Farang since he brought it up) is that what I think the major point for this whole TS moderator election is that we can finally have a TS representative on the ST website. The TS mod would have a bigger impact or say to ST when bringing up ideas drawn up by the TS community. Then hopefully, slowly but surely we can progress with ST and gain their trust with the TS community and figure out a solution to ban this cheating, setting up tournies etc.

I understand your point silver, and your heart is in the right place, but the point im trying to get across is that a moderator isnt going to have the level of access required to do those things.

Please remember, we had a TS representative here for 6 years, the bil.
He wasnt allowed to do any of those things, he didnt have the access.

So the question we should really be asking is,
if a TS member would be given server admin access, if not, then we are all wasting our time on this TS moderator quest.

How?

This is up to what the moderator is willing to do and what can be accessed to do of course.

What can be accessed is the point, you wont be able to ban cheaters, or reset their points, you wont be able to update the HOF,
all you will be able to do is warn forum members (maybe), and also write "proven" or "not proven" on cheat reports, where for the past 3 years admins have simply ignored them.

It doesnt matter how hard you want to work to keep TS updated, you wont have the access to be able to do it even if you are a moderator, thats what you need to understand.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#54 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Since this topic has been derailed, with off-topic posts, I saw no other option, than to get this back on-track, by turning this into the discussion thread for the vote here...

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168287-no-nonsense-ts-moderator-vote/

Please vote... and feel free to discuss here... thankyou :@)

#55 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Since this topic has been derailed, with off-topic posts, I saw no other option, than to get this back on-track, by turning this into the discussion thread for the vote here...

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168287-no-nonsense-ts-moderator-vote/

Please vote... and feel free to discuss here... thankyou :@)

So quote & report those posts you feel are off topic?
(i bet you dont)

Its seems pretty evident you only want a "no discussion" based thread, because you were crushed in this discussion.

#56 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

A forum moderator needs to be active on the forums.
If they're not active then there's no point.

#57 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

done & thanks for cleaning things up a little wt, my opinions were already posted somewhere in the previous pages so they can be found there~

good day gents~

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#58 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

So quote & report those posts you feel are off topic?
(i bet you dont)

Its seems pretty evident you only want a "no discussion" based thread, because you were crushed in this discussion.

There was no point in discussing it... cos I knew you would just drag it out, and derail the thread.... like you always do.

but it's fixed now... thanks for the laughs..

#59 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

There was no point in discussing it... cos I knew you would just drag it out, and derail the thread.... like you always do.

but it's fixed now... thanks for the laughs..

making a discussion-less thread on a discussion forum is just a desperate attempt to save some pride,
and a good indication that you are incapable of debating the facts and points that have been raised.

and its certainly not going to be effective for hiring a mod, so the joke is on you

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#60 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

What can be accessed is the point, you wont be able to ban cheaters, or reset their points, you wont be able to update the HOF,
all you will be able to do is warn forum members (maybe), and also write "proven" or "not proven" on cheat reports, where for the past 3 years admins have simply ignored them.

It doesnt matter how hard you want to work to keep TS updated, you wont have the access to be able to do it even if you are a moderator, thats what you need to understand.

This will have to change...hopefully.

Yes I agree that there is some things unavailable to change at present,but as long as we have an moderator that Olaf knows and deems sensible we will be accessed to more and have a figure-head for this community.
It's time to resolve our differences, and think forward -Together- in bring life back to TS again.
Bettz look at it like this, you argue what good will come from a moderator.. on the other hand.. what bad will come of it?

#61 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

making a discussion-less thread on a discussion forum is very desperate,
and a good indication that you are incapable of debating the facts and points that have been raised.

and its certainly not going to be effective for hiring a mod, so the joke is on you

It's a poll... a choice, and should be easy for forums staff to read the results... so I made the poll, and then linked it to this topic.... so that staff have an easier way of reading the results. :)

Do you stand in the street and discuss "Should I go left, or right ?" for 4 pages on your phone on an internet bulletin board ?

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#62 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

god will you 2 just shut up?
Always bickering. take it somewhere else.

#63 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

I agree with what you've said skable things obviously need to be moderated by someone, or else we get nothing but chaos in everything here.

#64 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

you argue what good will come from a moderator.. on the other hand.. what bad will come of it?

Nothing & nothing, thats why i think its a misdirection and waste of time and effort.
If you are passionate about the future of TS, there is plenty you can do, you dont need to have "TS moderator" beside your name to start making a difference.

god will you 2 just shut up?
Always bickering. take it somewhere else.

Ignore our accounts if our posts bother you, thats what the function is there for.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#65 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

If you are passionate about the future of TS, there is plenty you can do

Quoted for truth, and relevance to EVERYONE.

Outta here.

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#66 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

I agree with what you've said skable things obviously need to be moderated by someone, or else we get nothing but chaos in everything here.

Report any chaotic posts to moderators, just because a discussion isnt going in your favour, or towards your agenda doesnt mean its "chaos".
If any members posts offend you or bother you, simply add them to ignored users, or report them.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#67 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

Ignore our accounts if our posts bother you, thats what the function is there for.

I shouldn't have to do that. If you can't control yourselves, then don't bother posting.

#68 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

I shouldn't have to do that. If you can't control yourselves, then don't bother posting.

Control myself?
Where was i out of control?

I cant help it if you are overly sensitive about text on a internet site, nobody is forcing you to read my posts.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#69 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Control myself?
Where was i out of control?

I cant help it if you are overly sensitive about text on a internet site, nobody is forcing you to read my posts.

I didn't read them. I don't have to to know you and WT are arguing again.
So just stop, cause all it's doing is spamming these forums with ****.

#70 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

I didn't read them. I don't have to to know you and WT are arguing again.
So just stop, cause all it's doing is spamming these forums with ****.

Practise what you preach.
You complain about others arguing and spamming, yet that is exactly what you are doing, so you just stop.

#71 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

If you are passionate about the future of TS, there is plenty you can do, you dont need to have "TS moderator" beside your name to start making a difference.''

There is only so much you can do without a higher power's help here.
Which is why we need trust and first we need a base to begin with which is a TS Moderator
Highly trustworthy, efficient , respectable , and the capability to get and try to things done.
What we need is to be heard and respected , and not an undisciplined Mob -
Bettz I see the best in everyone and especially in your talents which could benefit us significantly - Yes it's your opinion that it wouldn't benefit TS having a moderator , but having no moderator at all leaves us no better , only good can come from it..gradually
This is our chance for TS , why not take it while we still can.

#72 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

I understand your point silver, and your heart is in the right place, but the point im trying to get across is that a moderator isnt going to have the level of access required to do those things.

Please remember, we had a TS representative here for 6 years, the bil.
He wasnt allowed to do any of those things, he didnt have the access.

So the question we should really be asking is,
if a TS member would be given server admin access, if not, then we are all wasting our time on this TS moderator quest.

Yes we did have Bill but he wasnt too active on the forums and didnt bring up suggestions or ideas to ST from the TS community. I don't think the TS moderator should even have any power at all except maybe in the forums to control flaming. All we need is a dedicated TS moderator to try and work together with Olaf and the other ST admins that have the power to make those changes. It may seem like a small thing at that point but hey its a start and I think we could make a positive direction for TS if we approached it like that.

#73 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

The TS moderator should be a representative of the TS community. They don't have to ban people, the admins can deal with that. Moderators are there to keep the peace and generally keep the forums tidy.
In game, they are there for the same reason. To keep people in order, and to watch over the IRC channels.
Mods should also process cheat reports and relay the results to an admin for further action.

Things like this would make TS run more smoothly and may even bring more people to the game.

#74 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

+1

(get ready for more off-topic spam I see farang is on the ready as always.)

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#75 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

The TS moderator should be a representative of the TS community. They don't have to ban people, the admins can deal with that. Moderators are there to keep the peace and generally keep the forums tidy.
In game, they are there for the same reason. To keep people in order, and to watch over the IRC channels.
Mods should also process cheat reports and relay the results to an admin for further action.

Things like this would make TS run more smoothly and may even bring more people to the game.

Lol thats what ive been suggesting this whole time but yes I agree!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users