Photo

Official Tiberian Sun Forum MOD* sign-up

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiberian Sun Moderator

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will having a tiberian sun Moderator help TS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

Why don't you sign up? Youd prob get my vote to. Nimxes, i just want to clarify who you are. Who is Angel63 to you?

My departed sister, Amy Jones to you all. Our actual last name is something Ive always kept private at her wishes.

On the flip side I cant in good conscience vote for orochi or whitetib. Both have a cultural arrogance in regards to 80% of ww, You cant hold someone in contempt and make decisions for them. Not that I'm dogging them their place in the hierarchy of skill just that whomever we pick should be someone who plays all regardless of skill level and/or the quality of their graces or mistakes.

Also MoT why ask about Amy? To confirm who I am? If you need proof I'm not some long lost smurf of the past you should get in touch with inac or scarab, they can tell you I am who I am as I have always been. Prob just by reading my text =)

Edited by Nimixes, 06 February 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#27 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

I apologize for hefeweize being such a ****. I don't know why he feels the need to question everyone knowing perfectly well what he was bringing up with you over a stupid video game moderator postion.

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#28 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

On the flip side I cant in good conscience vote for orochi or whitetib. Both have a cultural arrogance in regards to 80% of ww, You cant hold someone in contempt and make decisions for them. Not that I'm dogging them their place in the hierarchy of skill just that whomever we pick should be someone who plays all regardless of skill level and/or the quality of their graces or mistakes.

Cultural arrogance ?

I get picked on for years, by 1 guy, intent on killing TS, and dirtying my name, and now I'm culturally arrogant ?
Man, I know you're feeling raw due to the reference in your post, between you, and Aur, but that hurts.

Let me perfectly clear....
Because of the constant hounding, harrassment, account hacking, serial stealing, cheating and trolling from 1 specific player.... I turned from a nice guy, into someone hellbent on making sure he NEVER hassled my bulletin board. And then, even though he admits to it, AND people also tell me they are fed up with his antics... I STILL got hassle from others telling me to unban him.

I have told EVERYONE here... he is forgiven, and haven't attacked him since I came back... yet, they seem intent on seeing me as the bad guy, even though all I ever did, was try and clean up TS.

Present day, and... I dont want to be moderator, simply because, I see no need for me to be in a position of authority here, and trying to help clean up TS, with S-T watching me like a hawk.

If I was TS mod, I would be watched, and trialed, and have to stick to the rules... TO THE LETTER.... and yes, that would mean I wouldn't be able to ban people who break the rules, even though (based on past experience) I know that "certain" people would do everything in their power to ensure that I would be "kept busy" and not allowed to do my job..... So, I am NOT running as moderator, even if S-T try and push me to, by trying to make out I won't be part of the solution, if I don't run for moderator.
By NOT running for moderator, and NOT being elected, and NOT being trolled on... I AM part of the solution.

Oh, and for the record, I wont be telling people who I vote for either, because they will be labelled as someone I want in office, so I can carry on my "supposed" world domination, by a deluded individual, who should have been banned from here years ago, for holding multiple accounts.

Thankyou, and now... let's get on with actually sorting out a moderator for the forums... instead of taking another year.

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#29 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

My departed sister, Amy Jones to you all. Our actual last name is something Ive always kept private at her wishes.

Also MoT why ask about Amy? To confirm who I am? If you need proof I'm not some long lost smurf of the past you should get in touch with inac or scarab, they can tell you I am who I am as I have always been. Prob just by reading my text =)

Sorry, im not MoT. Im just a random old skooler who knew and spent countless hours playing and chatting with angel63. I didn't want to bring it up in a sensitive way. I just cant believe som1 as old school as you came back all of the sudden. I was assuming you were trz for a second. Sorry about that.

Also i respect your app Nimixes, you were a known and respected person of the past. I never even once rem anyone talkin **** about you or your name +cheating.

Who else is applying? Nitemarez? whitetib? Orochi?

@nitemarez, my question was a bit insensitive your right, but i didn't want it to come out like that. Not every1 knows who angel63 is and its the perfect question to verify. You don't have to call me any names

Edited by hefeweize, 06 February 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#30 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

whitetib?

How many more times ?

NO, I AM NOT APPLYING FOR POST AS MODERATOR

Sheesh, read a post or 2 in this thread please Aur.

#31 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

How many more times ?

NO, I AM NOT APPLYING FOR POST AS MODERATOR

Sheesh, read a post or 2 in this thread please Aur.

i culda sworn you had a post that was edited about you becoming one which is now changed. somting implying that you would be watched or somting. maybe im seeing things

reread your post. sorry im on a ipad. Print is so small. Also calm down lol.

Edited by hefeweize, 06 February 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#32 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Sorry, im not MoT. Im just a random old skooler who knew and spent countless hours playing and chatting with angel63. I didn't want to bring it up in a sensitive way. I just cant believe som1 as old school as you came back all of the sudden. I was assuming you were trz for a second. Sorry about that.

Also i respect your app Nimixes, you were a known and respected person of the past. I never even once rem anyone talkin **** about you or your name +cheating.

Who else is applying? Nitemarez? whitetib? Orochi?

@nitemarez, my question was a bit insensitive your right, but i didn't want it to come out like that. Not every1 knows who angel63 is and its the perfect question to verify. You don't have to call me any names

By cultural arrogance I meant that you dont allow just anyone in your ffg's you play with select players you respect and are quite "rude"(thats how it appears to outsiders) trying to get in your games. I understand an respect your choice to want a quality game, However I feel the moderator should be someone who is going to give everyone the chance to excel, Tho not that it matters as you are not going to aim for this.

Aurdead16 I presume at this point? In which case your question would be completely understandable and would require my apologies at the assumption(I wandered why MoT whom didn't know my sister would ask about the context of our relationship).

Edited by Nimixes, 06 February 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#33 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

By cultural arrogance I meant that you dont allow just anyone in your ffg's you play with select players you respect and are quite "rude"(thats how it appears to outsiders) trying to get in your games. I understand an respect your choice to want a quality game, However I feel the moderator should be someone who is going to give everyone the chance to excel, Tho not that it matters as you are not going to aim for this.

Aurdead16 I presume at this point? In which case your question would be completely understandable and would require my apologies at the assumption(I wandered why MoT whom didn't know my sister would ask about the context of our relationship).

Yes im Aurdead. Sorry didn't formally give you a big Hi yet. I don't know if u remb me.also i completely agree with you where every1 deserves a chance to excel.

#34 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

what wt said x 2

I will never want to put up with yalls bs again over such things...

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#35 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

Would it help if I told you, I haven't played TS, in a long time, and only join the lobby every now and then.... so I am wondering, if my "favourite namehider" is STILL doing his best to discredit me.

If you see me on, I ONLY use the name WhiteTib, and I am in the clan ww2xcc

Oh, and for the record, I play with everyone, I know I suck, so everyone plays better than I do, therefore, anytime I play, my game will ALWAYS be 1 I learn from.

Hope that helps.

PS.. yes, that's me in the TS lobby now.

PPS... yes, that's my original login from WW days.

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#36 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

what wt said x 2

I will never want to put up with yalls bs again over such things...

to this day and hour, i still don't understand why your so angry? You made a topic about validation and a few people thought it was a bad idea. I still dont understand whats going on? Am i really that stupid. lol. You stated yourself this is a stupid game. So why take it so personal.

shudnt every1 have a opinion?\

Superbowls com in up. Lets come up with a few names on who should be a mod.

Also Olaf, if your reading this topic is there any1 in particular you would be interested in? Neogrant, what do you think? I see alot of suitable potential mods here who i have lots of respect for.

Edited by hefeweize, 06 February 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#37 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

to this day and hour, i still don't understand why your so angry? You made a topic about validation and a few people thought it was a bad idea. I still dont understand whats going on? Am i really that stupid. lol. You stated yourself this is a stupid game. So why take it so personal.

shudnt every1 have a opinion?\

Superbowls com in up. Lets come up with a few names on who should be a mod.

Also Olaf, if your reading this topic is there any1 in particular you would be interested in? Neogrant, what do you think? I see alot of suitable potential mods here who i have lots of respect for.

Im going to miss the superbowl, 5 yr old birthday party, Id skip it but the lil girl is dying and my kid and her came up togather since like one. So no superbowl for me.

And ofcource I remember you, Im like the ts elephant. lol

Edited by Nimixes, 06 February 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#38 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

I still cant see how having a moderator is going to change anything.

Stopping Cheating?
We have 6 years of history to prove that a moderator here couldn't stop cheating, at best the blatant ones are replaced with more discreet ones.
So if you think a moderator can stop cheating you are dumb.

Moderating the forums?
Moderating the 2 or 3 new threads a week?
The same threads that all of the current strike team staff already frequent?
How is that going to help?
Is a new TS moderator going to rewrite strike teams forum rules? Yeah i can totally see Olaf letting that happen.
So if you think having a moderator will change anything, you are dumb.

Resolving cheat reports?
Did people miss the past 2-3 years bil has been resolving reports?
Putting "proven" on them, and then just watching them sit there, without strike team admins actually actioning the bans?
Whats going to be any different now? Olaf cant even be bothered to update the HOF, (which would take 5 minutes), what on earth makes you think hes going to be logging in and actioning bans?
If he was interested in doing it, he would have been doing it over the past 3-4 years right? Ok then, more factual evidence that nothing will change.
And no, it took bil 4 solid years before he was granted deeper access, by which point he was so fedup, he left the site.

Boosting activity?
We very recently had a whole team of dedicated people, approaching other community sites, trying to poach members, advertising, affiliating with other cnc sites, and they couldnt get a single person on their site.
Thats a whole team of people trying to get new players, and they couldnt even get 1.
But a TS moderator on this site is going to do it?

All i see is people talking about what they would do if they were a moderator, with a complete lack of understanding of what it would actually take to achieve those tasks.

To be clear, im not objecting to the idea of having a moderator, its just brutally obvious that it wont make a blind bit of difference to the online experience.
And im so confused why others cant see this.

And the applications are golden, we have a guy that has only made 14 posts here in over a year, and already admits he plays the game on and off and has dependants, hows that going to work then?
And we also have someone wanting to take community votes on cheat reports, are you kidding me?
Cheat reports need to be based on HARD EVIDENCE and nothing else.

To finish, im not opposed to there being a moderator, but its painfully obvious it will change nothing.
BUT if it takes you giving someone the job to prove that, by all means go ahead.

I dont know how many times i need to correctly predict these things using hard logic and facts, before people finally understand that im a realist and not a hater.
It was only 6 months ago everyone wanted to give Ray the moderator job here, I was the one guy saying he wasnt suitable, and look what happened, the moment SC2 came out, Ray was totally gone from the community.

So go ahead, give the job to a dude whos only made 14 posts in 14 months, lets see how that works out.
Give the job to a guy who wants to let the community vote on cheat reports, lets see how that works out.

I personally think it will be hilarious for entertainment value, and as i no longer play this game, and have not played for a very long time, i really think that giving someone the job will be the best way to prove everything that ive said to be correct.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#39 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

I'm not angry, I've simply classified it as a timewaste to express my full thoughts here anylonger...

again just another post to derail peoples time and effort from "farang"

bttzg your on my ignore list here now, if you want to maybe work on other things aside from ts you have my msn, but I will never see eye to eye with you at these forums. ;)

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#40 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I still cant see how having a moderator is going to change anything.

that ive said to be correct.

TLDR

oooh, except for the bit where you didn't mention the facts about how you know about sll these different cheats, and cheaters.... yet refuse to report them.... shame.

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 07:38 PM.

#41 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

@ nitemarez, Its not a case of seeing eye to eye, its a case of seeing eye to facts.
Dont shoot the messenger, and im sorry my facutal words hurt you, but thats something you need to deal with.

There is nothing wrong with failure, as long as you learn from it.

Also, the projects im working on are commercial enterprises where i have financial contracts with clients, and businesses, i wouldnt feel comfortable sharing sensitive private information with you unless you get your emotions in check, why on earth does a post on a TS forum draw such anger?
Honestly, if you feel strongly against my points, factual points, then debate them, dont bury your head in the sand or avoid them, what good will come from that?

TLDR

oooh, except for the bit where you didn't mention the facts about how you know about sll these different cheats, and cheaters.... yet refuse to report them.... shame.

more like, "Oh **** i cant argue with those factual points", ill dodge the post and pretend it didnt happen.

too bad Olaf will read :)

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#42 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Its not a case of seeing eye to eye, its a case of seeing eye to facts.
Dont shoot the messenger, and im sorry my facutal words hurt you, but thats something you need to deal with.

more like, "Oh **** i cant argue with those factual points", ill dodge the post and pretend it didnt happen.

I wont do it without being granted full control over the HOF at the least... If that clears things up for you farang.. You are right it hasnt worked in the past, but ST has never let a moderator really mod to the best of my knowledge, And Ive posted on this nick 14 times, Years past I had a different nick with a slightly higher post count, I dont suggest Ive been the most active member of the community.. Just to be one of the oldest =) And yes, I have a family, Im 31 years old, If I didnt have a family Id prob have a social disorder or live at my parents. Neither of those however are the case.

#43 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Its not a case of seeing eye to eye, its a case of seeing eye to facts.

More like... you cheated, you admitted it, you know there are cheats out there, and you refuse to report them.
By your admission, your version of anticheat, is to cheat thos who have cheated against you... instead of doing something pro-active for all.

And as far as the points in your post... they're merely a smokescreen, to disuade people to hire a moderator, so you don't get banned for cheating.

#44 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

maybe "farang" doesn't want his 8-20 separate permanent bans to be enforced ^ well said WT

i suspect a conspiracy! :cheater:

Edited by nitemarez, 06 February 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#45 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Im going to miss the superbowl, 5 yr old birthday party, Id skip it but the lil girl is dying and my kid and her came up togather since like one. So no superbowl for me.

And ofcource I remember you, Im like the ts elephant. lol

Im glad that you put family first rather than superbowl. HAha TS elephant!

having a constantly updated HOF will be awesome. If ST would let us post on the tiberian start up page things like "Last month rank 1 winner "Bluto7". etc . That would be great to! People like to see ones name everywhere. We can even make a standard ranking topic on this forum where the ts MOD can only post in. Issuing trophies and awards. Im willing to donate if we have a active mod.

@Farang, i believe having a TS mod will help TS for the better. It wont SAVE or COMPLETELY change TS but it will help whats last of it. A mod can't stop cheating but a MOd can make a cheater give-up. Can kick a person off the server if they are dodging. Reset points. Award points. Etc etc. Ray left the community because nothing was happening. Or mayb it was just Sc2. Besides, when you see a MOD badge on som1, you take them more serious rather than not. If i was to enter cheat reports and say proven, nothing is goign to happen. The cheater will even laff. Farang, please see eye to eye on this one! If a TS mod doesnt help TS for the better, you can rub it in my face forever lol. We learn from mistakes and you just mentioned this as well =)

@nitemarez, i think you did a great deed for TS. Also the unmentioned forum cn**** is beautiful. One of the best CNC sites ive ever seen. Even tho we dont agree on some things im still willing to agree with you on other things. im not one sided.

Of course WT has always been around ts and has been a mod in the past and done a great job. so props.

We do have golden apps here id say. I wish i can see more names tho.

One major reason why we don't have a Mod is because of these big debates we have on the forums. The constant fighting and picking on each other makes ST see us as Unsuitable. IT has always been a TS tradition in every forum to debate each other. It keeps things live =)

Edited by hefeweize, 06 February 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#46 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

@Farang

A TS moderator is only going to do more good for TS than none at all.

-

Remember to stick around if I become moderator, I'll be using/needing ALL of you.

#47 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

One major reason why we don't have a Mod is because of these big debates we have on the forums. The constant fighting and picking on each other makes ST see us as Unsuitable. IT has always been a TS tradition in every forum to debate each other. It keeps things live =)

Seems like you beat me to those sentences AUR haha. We need to stop the bickering and the showing off of our TS history knowledge or w.e you could call it, it makes the TS community look bad to ST which is definitly what we do not need at this point.

Anyways what I wanted to say (mainly directed at Farang since he brought it up) is that what I think the major point for this whole TS moderator election is that we can finally have a TS representative on the ST website. The TS mod would have a bigger impact or say to ST when bringing up ideas drawn up by the TS community. Then hopefully, slowly but surely we can progress with ST and gain their trust with the TS community and figure out a solution to ban this cheating, setting up tournies etc.

#48 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

maybe "farang" doesn't want his 8-20 separate permanent bans to be enforced ^ well said WT

i suspect a conspiracy! :cheater:

please provide proof of 8-20 permanent bans?
See i support everything i say with facts, if we are going to just make stuff up, kinda pointless even having a discussion.

Also, its impossible to ban me from any site or any server, i have access to thousands of low latency L1 proxy's, both http and socks,
not that i would need to use them though, if you have been paying any attention i have not logged into TS in around 9 months, server logs will confirm this.

@Farang

A TS moderator is only going to do more good for TS than none at all.

How?
We have 6 years of proof to suggest it will make no difference whatsoever, thats the point.

Edited by Farang, 06 February 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#49 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

Have you voted yet Bettz ?

#50 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

having a constantly updated HOF will be awesome. If ST would let us post on the tiberian start up page things like "Last month rank 1 winner "Bluto7". etc . That would be great to! People like to see ones name everywhere. We can even make a standard ranking topic on this forum where the ts MOD can only post in. Issuing trophies and awards. Im willing to donate if we have a active mod.

That level of access was never granted to BIL, and he was a mod here for 6 years, what makes you think anyone will get that level of access now?
You have to be real about the situation, Olaf isn't going to give admin level access to someone, nogrant doesnt have that level of access, and neither do the other 50 mods on this site, the only people that have even been granted that level of access is guys like riz that have been around since day 1.
You have to be real about the situation, having the HOF would be great of course, but a moderator wont be able to do it.

@Farang, i believe having a TS mod will help TS for the better. It wont SAVE or COMPLETELY change TS but it will help whats last of it. A mod can't stop cheating but a MOd can make a cheater give-up. Can kick a person off the server if they are dodging. Reset points. Award points. Etc etc. Ray left the community because nothing was happening. Or mayb it was just Sc2. Besides, when you see a MOD badge on som1, you take them more serious rather than not. If i was to enter cheat reports and say proven, nothing is goign to happen. The cheater will even laff. Farang, please see eye to eye on this one! If a TS mod doesnt help TS for the better, you can rub it in my face forever lol. We learn from mistakes and you just mentioned this as well =)

They cant reset points, and they cant kick people off the server, they can only write "proven" on reports, and then its upto Olaf or another admin to action it, Olaf am i wrong?
Olaf can you please set the record straight so these guys understand the level of access that a mod position comes with?
That seems to be causing a lot of confusion here, people think they are being granted admin level access, and thats just something no webmaster would ever grant to a stranger.

I encourage people to debate my points sensibly rather than resorting to childish attacks, but often when people realise they cant debate someones logic, they instead resort to attacking the person.
The entire purpose of this forum is discussion, if ST didnt want discussion, they wouldnt have the forum.
If its the attacks and bickering that bothers you, then report it to staff, i also get frustrated with the constant childish comments from some members, but thats not going to stop me from posting my genuine opinion here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users