18 replies to this topic

#1 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Been a while since I posted here, but I need help!. Ok so I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and I recently closed it while it was running, so it went into sleep mode. When I opened it didn't start up and I tried restarting it then turning it on. This didnt help the light would come on, then it would go out after a bit. I've tried pressing like every key possible on the keyboard nothing works. Also tried taking battery out and then putting it back in still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do it would be much appreciated.

#2 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • XWIS Name: FlaBadBoy

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

Been a while since I posted here, but I need help!. Ok so I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and I recently closed it while it was running, so it went into sleep mode. When I opened it didn't start up and I tried restarting it then turning it on. This didnt help the light would come on, then it would go out after a bit. I've tried pressing like every key possible on the keyboard nothing works. Also tried taking battery out and then putting it back in still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do it would be much appreciated.

Pull the battery and make sure the power cord is un-plugged

#3 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

I tried that, still nothing

#4 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

After you pulled the battery and power hold the power button in for like 90 secounds.

#5 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Looking in to this further I find there are two other problems that can cause this. One the hinge button does not release so the computer still thinks the lid is shut the fix open and close the lid a couple of times.

2 this other one is even stranger two people said they left cd’s or DVDs in the drive they took them out powered up the laptop and it worked last but not least 10 other people had to replace the motherboard good luck

#6 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

I also read you need to briefly take the battery off the motherboard in order to reset it, although thats easier on a desktop than a laptop. Might be worth a dell support ticket Seth.

#7 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Yes i think it's a backup battery that is under the ram chip on the under side of the laptop take the ram chip out you should see what looks like a watch battery with a little cord coming out plugged in to the systemboard unplug it from the systemboard after that you will have to reset the computers time in the bios.

#8 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Also known as the cmos battery.

#9 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Yes thank you my "Padawan Learner" :cool:

#10 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'll try that reset thing, what exactly is the computer time in the bios? just the actual time of day?

#11 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2024 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

1 second man. are you sure the battery is even got enuff of a charge? my win7 laptop cuts off when it hits like 25% battery life, because it claims it "extends the battery's life". but GL to ya Posted Image

also to wake it up just pour a bowl of water in its face

Edited by No0bziLLa, 12 January 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#12 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

sorry helps only for active members :p jk but I had a problem where my screen went black, took it in and the connection between the screen and the actual computer had been unplugged somehow, was a cheap fix. idk if that helps but could just b a connectivity issue

#13 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

haha ya I'm not very active anymore :p. I don't think I have that issue like you do man but this is annoying lol. Plus im noob with computers so that doesn't help lol

#14 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Are you sure the screen isnt broken. The inverter might be gone (the thing that keeps the backlight lit up)- a common problem in dells hence why i now have a mac :D

#15 W0nNaPl4y

W0nNaPl4y

Colonel

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6952 posts
  • XWIS Name: W0nNaPl4y

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

Pressing the on/off button for a long time will get it out of sleep and then shutdown after.
I had kinda the same problem with my dell vostro.
Altough i think u already did this , if u didnt, do that lol

#16 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

ya I've done it quite a few times :p. I'm beginning to think the mother board may have gone, what are some signs that thats the case?

#17 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

I'll try that reset thing, what exactly is the computer time in the bios? just the actual time of day?

Yes

#18 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2024 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Yes

man i thought that if your computers time didnt match or something then all kinds of stuff wouldnt work. like things that need to be synced. like usb ports and other things.
i really dont know tho its just what ive heard. take your computer to a Trusted cpu shop. also i was working on this guys computer for him and his drive startup order was mesed up and it wouldnt allow his computer to boot fully. it would go to the Win XP loading screen and get stuck there. after i switch so that the hard drive started up FIRST it fixed it. why,? i have no idea

#19 MayHem

MayHem

YOUR GOD IS HERE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

thats not why we want him to pull the cmos battery is so it will clear the hibernation file and let his computer start up he can aways set the time back up to the right time after its working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users