44 replies to this topic

#26 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

There is XGS for RA2. Now how are TS and YR that much different from RA2?! :confused1:

Yeah, I guess it should be possible to give XGS something more then just a black DOS window, with a more reasonable quality in playback.Like something that's a lot more closer to the ingame display.
Instead of a makeshift solution to just to catch cheaters.

The TS engine is just a lower version of the RA2 And YR's engine. So, with the source code of XGS it should be possible for anyone with the experience and the know how.

Edited by iNs0MNiaC, 05 November 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#27 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

@ dylhole: I am not whitetib or bbgownzu? Tiberian Sun has an expansion as well called firestorm that no1 plays, you again succeed at making no point whatsoever in relevance to this thread.

@ insomniac: Exactly. Thank you for listening and posting logically, respectively, and without emotional involvement in something so silly. ;)

Edited by chrismlawrence, 05 November 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#28 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

@ dylhole: I am not whitetib or bbgownzu? Tiberian Sun has an expansion as well called firestorm that no1 plays, you again succeed at making no point whatsoever in relevance to this thread.

if tiberium sun is such a good game, why does it need so much support?
even with this support do you think acitivity will boost?
when admins brought back HoF for Ra2 it didnt bring back activity, or not much if any

#29 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Why do you even care? You came into this thread with your mind obviously made up to go against anything I or any other ts player said before you even put thought into posting or listening.

I don't like to argue, I rather spend my time working on projects to advance myself (and those around me who hold interest in similar subjects) ahead for a better future. (for those who care...)

to your questions~

1.) every online game needs support to function properly? this is just a stupid question....

2.) a question that dependends on an IF basis, how lovely... but to answer this, yes I PERSONALLY THINK it will because I have played the game for 10+ years and have a background consisting of actual knowledge of what I'm talking about here... I've been a part of this gaming community longer than strike-team and xwis have existed.

AGAIN RA2 is NOT TS, you said so yourself.

The point is where is a TS moderator, and why won't strike-team allow us to do anything to help our beloved game?

Edited by chrismlawrence, 05 November 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#30 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

What are you trying to say?

I appologize, I sometimes forget words, in this case a "not".

What I'm saying is that kids like that kde4-stroke one whom you seem to resemble perfectly are ruining the games for themselves and everyone else. S-T and Olaf let way too much go, so if they close your topics it's certainly not for no reason. ;)

As a reminder, this topic is about Olaf. And you're derailing it again with your community and unfair treatment nonsense. You have an extra TS section, something RA2/YR doesn't have. How unfair! I really am not surprised it's hard to find an eligible ;) moderator for it when most of you fall into the above mentioned schema or don't you?

#31 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

what are you talking about me and kids like kdes4-stroke are ruining games? closing topics? what?

it sounds like maybe you have a problem with "kdes4-stroke" and are taking it out on the wrong person?

this topic is an open topic for discussion the topic title is "to olaf", hence I'm not aloud to talk to olaf in the topic "to olaf" you say? I'm sorry you, a member, a nobody here, the exact same as myself, doesn't like me for posting my own opinion and ideas on efforts that are and are not being made on the behalf of myself and others in hopes to make things a little better for everyone in the end? (also I think since the entire topic here is about things I said, I probably do have a place in the discussion. lol)

there are topics linked where several credible sources were elected for the moderator position, strike-team had months to decide or let us know something before people started complaining again.

what's your definition of an eligible moderator? and better yet whats your experience as a forum moderator or administrator to say that whatever you're going to say is even slightly reliable?

your so called above mentioned "schema" is defined as "people like unknown individual a" so again we have no idea what you are trying to say here...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 05 November 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#32 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

links to defamotory topics created after s-t bans me and almost every member of our site without reason so no one can speak against these 100% false accusations~

's ok kid. :D

#33 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

thanks for the sharp answer "obviously grown adult"

#34 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, atleast not script kidding, cheating, falsifying screenshots, producing and distributing trainers and being a perma banned cheater - just a few things I read and know about you. :o

And TBH I don't care what I am or am not on this site. I enjoy playing the game and not ruining it for others as you.

Edited by iNTEGRITY, 05 November 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#35 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

Why do you even care? You came into this thread with your mind obviously made up to go against anything I or any other ts player said before you even put thought into posting or listening.

I don't like to argue, I rather spend my time working on projects to advance myself (and those around me who hold interest in similar subjects) ahead for a better future. (for those who care...)

to your questions~

1.) every online game needs support to function properly? this is just a stupid question....

2.) a question that dependends on an IF basis, how lovely... but to answer this, yes I PERSONALLY THINK it will because I have played the game for 10+ years and have a background consisting of actual knowledge of what I'm talking about here... I've been a part of this gaming community longer than strike-team and xwis have existed.

AGAIN RA2 is NOT TS, you said so yourself.

The point is where is a TS moderator, and why won't strike-team allow us to do anything to help our beloved game?

Because the TS people are wasting the Admins' time with your pointless rants about lack of support. You said every online game needs support and TS gets it with the XWIS server. I don't care about how long you've played for, why would I? Why do you want a moderator when you cannot ban anyone and HoF's aren't active? There is no point, so once again another pointless rant. I personally think XWIS should give Ra2 more attention because it caters for the larger group of people, and the game is NOT freeware.

#36 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

lol. integrity, if any of that was true do you think I would be aloud on these forums? for more info see deductive reasoning

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

I'm sorry you don't like the defined purpose of a forum, but I've as much a right to speak freely as you here? Please try to act more respectively in regards to the thoughts and words of others...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 06 November 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#37 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

I'm relatively new to the Command and Conquer franchise (respectively, Tiberian Sun) due to the recent release of the freeware download. So I'm not very cognizant of everything that has happened within the online communities but, a lot of the features mentioned in this thread would be nice to see. Most online game have some type of Quick Match feature and StarCraft 2 has the replay system ( I'm aware these games are far older ) but, I'm sure something can be done?! I'm not sure who Olaf is outside of the "XWIS Admin" title but if you're able to get it done, I would certainly appreciate it as a new fan :)

#38 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

lol Dylhold. ra2 is also freeware. look at the download list. :D
Maybe you have to open up your eyes better.

#39 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

lol Dylhold. ra2 is also freeware. look at the download list. :D
Maybe you have to open up your eyes better.

WRONG

#40 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

WRONG

Half-truth. You can download and play skirmish but that's about it, unless you got a serial.

#41 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Half-truth. You can download and play skirmish but that's about it, unless you got a serial.

Yeah but online play is the discussion, not skirmish

#42 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

no. the discussion is tiberian sun, that's why it's in the tiberian sun section.

#43 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

iluVjenn brought it up

#44 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

since this seems to be an episode of dejavu... how about we ask olaf what he would be willing to do, then we can decide what we can do from there.

Edited by Orochi, 19 November 2010 - 08:09 PM.

#45 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

no. the discussion is tiberian sun, that's why it's in the tiberian sun section.

So Tiberian sun doesn't have online play? lol good one.

since this seems to be an episode of dejavu... how about we ask olaf what he would be willing to do, then we can decide what we can do from there.

TS is freeware. No serials. No Hof. No active TS Staff. No one trust to replace them with. Sorted?

Edited by neogrant, 21 November 2010 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users