#1 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

hey olaf.
i got some questions and maybe you could give me an answer.
well,if the work on the replay system and the quick match ladder is already been done like chris said,why you don't start it then? may it helps to get some more activity in ts?
what also could help is if you maybe start the hall of fame again. the only problem i see is,if you get the hof back,there are coming maybe much more cheaters back and you as admin and strike team need to sort them out and give 'em ban. a different option to get some more games is if you bring back the mod maps on the ladder.
so the mod players also have a little chance to get some clan awards.
that are just some options to get more players in ts. so the game maybe don't dies so fast as we think.
would be really nice of you if you do something for this old school game. :)

greets Phil

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13417 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

TS doesn't have QM or a replay system, I've no idea what you're talking about.
TS doesn't require serials, so we can't ban cheaters, so there won't be a HoF.

#3 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

chrismLawrence what his name is on strike team said ts have a replay system and a qm ladder.
isn't it possible to make it also on ts? if i seen correctly there were a hall of fame in august '10.
why you can't make it in ts also? would be pretty funnier. :(

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13417 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

I've already told you why it can't be done.

#5 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

why don't you just let someone else deal with ts then since you obviously plan on doing nothing for it?

#6 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

TS doesn't have QM or a replay system, I've no idea what you're talking about.
TS doesn't require serials, so we can't ban cheaters, so there won't be a HoF.

Would be nice to have a HOF. This is possible. We can have the person who deals with TS execute and view cheat reports. Since the player cant be banned, we can have them removed from the HOF (which is what they are aiming for). This will help promote population or keep it competitive.

Olaf, there is other games that don't require serials or any validation and has top 10 lists. I can name dozens. Most facebook games have top 100 lists of players. Most players play either for fun, or to try to get ones name out there for public view. Obv there is cheaters everywhere. We recently had a HOF updated even after serial validation was turned off. Can you nominate someone to keep it going consectively?

Edited by hefeweize, 01 November 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#7 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

ya. hefe understands what i mean.
olaf. be cool cool to tibsun. lets work together at the game. maybe you-me-hefe and chris. maybe we can get some more activity in ts. if we get the hof back and we also find a way to handle it with cheaters to sort them out and ban them. if everyone brings some ideas it would be possible to get the fame of tibsun back and maybe the old players start to play again also. come on. see,if we do that you maybe don't hold the game and the servers not for the **** active. you know what i mean?
maybe we all could the game built up again with the hall of fame,don't old clans and so on...

should there really be no hope and no fun at ts anymore? i would find it pity. :(

greets Phil

#8 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

May be I'm out of topic, but what do u mean about QM replay system? I just thought, that u talking about replays of games in Red Alert 2 that person can dounload and watch?

#9 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

The only way to add QM into TS would be to port it to ra2 engine.
Also only the latest C&C games support a replay system. So you will need to use a screen recording program to capture replays.

As for HOF it would still be possible to reset the cheating players on the ladder.

All this requiers serious man hours. Who would be prepared to do all this work?
Who is trusted enough to do this job?

#10 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

i would do it if i would get the chance and if i get some time from you.
it would maybe also help ra2 if the hall of fame comes back.
maybe if we make a replay system that you can download the replay so its maybe a bit more easier if we watch the replays and find out who really cheat and who not.
there are so many options which are all possible if we just WANT TO DO SOMETHING. maybe all of the players are to lazy to DO something. they just all want anything but no one wants to do anything for his game.

#11 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Fact #1.) you don't need serial validation for bans to be effective
Fact #2.) the old login creation in ts has been rebuilt and is fully functional
Fact #3.) the old ts clan management has been rebuilt and is fully functional
Fact #4.) the old ww ladder has been rebuilt and is fully functional

+ a replay system and quick match function are currently under construction as well as other features.

I and others have put a great deal of work into things that need to be done for ts to be a functional and active game these days but strike-team rather play ra2 or something. They didn't even have to do any work on these things but they refuse to implement them or to even elect a moderator for tiberian sun making the game completely useless while refusing to give server control or management to anyone else...

from my earlier post in a cz thread.

insomniac you have no place to post in this thread as you hold no relevance to anything being discussed in any manner what so ever.

Edited by chrismlawrence, 02 November 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#12 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

chris. why did you said that the hall of fame comes back -that ts get a quick match ladder and a replay system if it isn't true? olaf told me that in that thread if you read it...i and many diff players would be happy if it would be the truth you liar. :(

#13 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

lol. :chair:

#14 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

really funny you fool. :(

#15 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

i would do it if i would get the chance and if i get some time from you.
it would maybe also help ra2 if the hall of fame comes back.
maybe if we make a replay system that you can download the replay so its maybe a bit more easier if we watch the replays and find out who really cheat and who not.
there are so many options which are all possible if we just WANT TO DO SOMETHING. maybe all of the players are to lazy to DO something. they just all want anything but no one wants to do anything for his game.

Red Alert 2 Already has a hall of fame.

Just use a screen recorder to make replays. It would be quit hard to make a good replay system unless you properly understand the TS internals and have a lot of programming experience.

How about you gather interest and see how many people are up for competing and then set up a certain time of the week you can all play a lot. Maybe have best of 5's every weekend or something. I would be up for observing and recording the games.

#16 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

iluvjenn where did I once say there was a qm ladder or replay system already made. please learn to read before you throw insults around needlessly.

insomniac a replay system is being built, a screen recorder is just impractical. ra2 has a hof just like ts, the only difference is ra2's is taken care of? set up a time of week for recording games, what?

#17 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

you told it me in this other thread and you also copied it into this thread.
didn't tin hall of fame in ra2 stoped also? if not why u stopped it then in ts?

#18 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

It would be quit hard to make a good replay system unless you properly understand the TS internals and have a lot of programming experience.

There is XGS for RA2. Now how are TS and YR that much different from RA2?! :confused1:

#19 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

iluvjenn where did I once say there was a qm ladder or replay system already made. please learn to read before you throw insults around needlessly.

insomniac a replay system is being built, a screen recorder is just impractical. ra2 has a hof just like ts, the only difference is ra2's is taken care of? set up a time of week for recording games, what?

Where is the link to these developers? Some proof to back up your words would be nice.

There is XGS for RA2. Now how are TS and YR that much different from RA2?! :confused1:

I wouldn't exactly call XGS a game replay maker. Seeing a few dots with quite meaningless text next to the dots ain't very user friendly or useable outside of the purpose of catching cheaters. Something what SC 1 and SC 2 have is a proper replay system.

#20 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

last time proof was posted here both the developers and myself where banned from s-t without reason then promptly one day later false accusations and defamatory topics where created for days ruining both our names and integrity, the developers, and our sites. Strike-Team knowingly abuses their power, moderation here is ridiculous, if you aren't posting something in complete **** sucking agreement with an admin or mod you are warned/bannedd for posting your completely on-topic opinion.

I can show you the functional work for login creation/ clan creation/ clan management/ clan & player ladders/ effective bans without serial i.d. and some other things if you add me on msn ~ christophermlawrence@hotmail.com.

a link to neogrant telling us to elect a ts moderator which was just more bs to shut up complaints and then sweep under the rug in time. (the s-t problem solving method)

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164780-whitetibts-com-put-forward-your-moderator-choices/

threads leading to this~

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164594-strike-team/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164220-a-few-questions-for-olaf-about-ts-on-xwis/

a link to the discussion between me and neogrant on login and clan creation and management~

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165867-how-to-create-nicknames-clans-with-no-serials/

links to defamotory topics created after s-t bans me and almost every member of our site without reason so no one can speak against these 100% false accusations~

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165926-warning-ts-players-beware/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165990-zero-tolerance-on-community-killers/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165976-potential-security-threat/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/165952-banned-member-posting-under-other-account/

The point is strike-team does not honestly give a **** about tiberian sun, so why do they insist on supporting it?

myself and MANY others have put a great deal of work into helping this community only to have it stepped on and disrespected by staff here and then be fed lie after lie, promise after promise that things will be done just to be ignored and banned any time someone rightfully complains...

a moderator for ts would have helped things exponentially in the first place, but it was just too hard to add someone to an already existing member group i guess.

lol...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 04 November 2010 - 04:46 PM.

#21 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

I can show you the functional work for login creation/ clan creation/ clan management/ clan & player ladders/ effective bans without serial i.d. and some other things if you add me on msn ~ [...].

You can do this here. If it's for "to be posted here" then your E-mail also doesn't belong and I can fully understand S-T in breaking things like these down. They're even WAY too little consequential regarding things like these which just makes me sick when I see what **** it leads to.

#22 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

What are you trying to say?

I'm not meaning to discredit your English, but it's not making much sense to me...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 04 November 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#23 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

TS guys are way too immature, all you do is bicker. The game is freeware now and as soon this happened, I believe Olaf stopped putting any additional effort into it, although he still does support it with the server. You can't use, "but look at Ra2, they get heaps of things" because Ra2 doesn't really. The tournaments that have been happening lately has been supported by sponsors money, and things like XGS was created ages ago. You guys take XWIS for granted, be grateful you can still play.

#24 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

Have you been to the ra2 section here? I don't see much difference in the attitudes and posts of ra2 players from those of us that play ts...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 04 November 2010 - 11:27 PM.

#25 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

yah but whitetib and bbgownzu or whatever went at it for no reason at all, and they "represented" the community, or so it seemed

have you seen yuri's revenge section? when was cheat reports last looked at it? we get 1 tourny which i think is extremely lucky but you dont see us bitching like ts players do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users