86 replies to this topic

#51 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

Yup, i dont wanna be part of all this banter really. Enjoy ts for what it is is all i want now =)

Cash incentive is a good idea, but i think Olaf gets more than what we think from EA. I wouldnt be suprised if EA pays for the forums either. But who knows

CAre for a ffg Bbg0wnzu?

Edited by hefeweize, 15 August 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#52 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yup, i dont wanna be part of all this banter really. Enjoy ts for what it is is all i want now =)

Cash incentive is a good idea, but i think Olaf gets more than what we think from EA. I wouldnt be suprised if EA pays for the forums either. But who knows

CAre for a ffg Bbg0wnzu?

Sorry too dissapoint, but EA provides absolutely no funding.

#53 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

or support, unless it makes them money.

#54 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

What happened to the donation button?
Is the site still accepting donations?

#55 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

What happened to the donation button?
Is the site still accepting donations?

Of course, we operate on donations. Everything given is greatly appreciated and put too good use, not into anyones pockets.

#56 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

That said the board was recently updated so all those kind of links are now dead. I'm sure in due course it will be sorted.

#57 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

EA needs to backup the people who is keeping thier games alive. Id be **** if i purchased the DECADE pack which is fairly new and no1 supports it.

#58 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

That said the board was recently updated so all those kind of links are now dead. I'm sure in due course it will be sorted.

Yeah, they will be. Obviously being the summer holidays everyone is either abroad/looking after kids/on holiday so not much is happening around here at the moment.

I havent the power to do any of it either.

#59 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

20000 post isn't enough commitment from olaf to give you power. :(

maybe try for 50000 my powerless friend.

#60 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

and if anyone seriously wants things changed,
approach olaf with a sensible plan and adequate compensation for his time.

The guy is a talented programmer, i highly doubt he wants to spend his time and energy updating TS hall of fame's,
but with a cash incentive it would be different, because it then becomes work.

The main is a private contractor after all.

We have made a sensible plan with him..we dont want olaf updating the HOF's or wasting his time with TS. We want an actual TS mod to waste his time with all that..are you too blind to see that?

Edited by silver23, 16 August 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#61 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

We have made a sensible plan with him..we dont want olaf updating the HOF's or wasting his time with TS. We want an actual TS mod to waste his time with all that..are you too blind to see that?

well, Olaf isnt going to give someone from TS the level of access to make those changes, for the same reasons you wouldnt hand the keys to your house to a complete stranger.

So you can want all you like, but you arent going to get.

#62 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

well, Olaf isnt going to give someone from TS the level of access to make those changes, for the same reasons you wouldnt hand the keys to your house to a complete stranger.

So you can want all you like, but you arent going to get.

no but he did tell the ts community to vote for members we thought would be perfect for that position...in which we did and have had no response yet. but i like how you keep assuming Olaf's thought process..

#63 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

no but he did tell the ts community to vote for members we thought would be perfect for that position...in which we did and have had no response yet. but i like how you keep assuming Olaf's thought process..

First of all, it wasnt olaf that asked people to nominate, it was riz, and riz hasnt mentioned it since and he was never really enthusiastic about it in the first place.

Secondly, you need to understand the differences between a mod position and an admin position, you can give someone an mod position today, but they wont be able to make any of the changes people actually want done,
to make the changes people actually want done, will require an admin position, which isnt on the table,
that is the point.

Maybe a mod could earn olafs trust and progress upto an admin in time, but you are talking years.
So what do you really want done silver?
You want someone to be a mod, for the sake of being a mod?
Even though they cant really do anything beyond resolving a report that will just sit there and be ignored by admins.

Or do you want to see some major changes with the way TS is supported?
If its the latter, you better start saving up your pocket money.

Edited by bbg0wnzu, 16 August 2010 - 07:35 PM.

#64 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Even though they cant really do anything beyond resolving a report that will just sit there and be ignored by admins.

This may be right on the spot.

#65 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

:chair:

don't get back up bbg0wnzu ;)

Edited by chrismlawrence, 16 August 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#66 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

20000 post isn't enough commitment from olaf to give you power. :(

maybe try for 50000 my powerless friend.

You think that attitude is going too help? You wonder what the reasons are that you feel unwelcome on this site.

For your information I do not want to be an admin, i give enough of my time as it is.... What with fighting for my country and all, obviously a TS moderator is more important than that.

#67 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

Plus pompi happens to have the most posts on this forum lol.

#68 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

First of all, it wasnt olaf that asked people to nominate, it was riz, and riz hasnt mentioned it since and he was never really enthusiastic about it in the first place.

Secondly, you need to understand the differences between a mod position and an admin position, you can give someone an mod position today, but they wont be able to make any of the changes people actually want done,
to make the changes people actually want done, will require an admin position, which isnt on the table,
that is the point.

Maybe a mod could earn olafs trust and progress upto an admin in time, but you are talking years.
So what do you really want done silver?

Or do you want to see some major changes with the way TS is supported?
If its the latter, you better start saving up your pocket money.

No, all i want is a mod that has the power to ban cheaters for TS and that can update the latters. Yes getting a ts mod right away might not have the power to do the things we want at first but its still a start and as long as he is active and trustworthy i see good results; us TS'ers can wait as I think we have proven our patience ;). It's actually no biggie for me as i only play TS for fun and know who to avoid in games..im just giving my 2 cents.

Edited by silver23, 16 August 2010 - 09:46 PM.

#69 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

pompi don't take things so personal.

so emotional. :ohmy:

Edited by chrismlawrence, 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#70 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

No, all i want is a mod that has the power to ban cheaters for TS and that can update the latters. Yes getting a ts mod right away might not have the power to do the things we want at first but its still a start and as long as he is active and trustworthy i see good results;

well, remember that bil was a ts mod here for 5 years, very trustworthy reputation, yet no admin access to perform those tasks,

#71 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

well, remember that bil was a ts mod here for 5 years, very trustworthy reputation, yet no admin access to perform those tasks,

Actually i seen bill upgdate the Hall of Fame at random times. Also, if he needed som1 to be banned it would happen. Bil had a little more power than just forums as well as he had some kinda program that can identify ips, etc etc while on ts.

#72 Tjmeout

Tjmeout

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl @ st and how useless they have been these past 5+ years

All they do is have a tiberian sun forum? I could ****in do that rofl. So now you're suggesting we pay for nothing to happen? Cuz i can guaruntee if someone sends money to them, they wont respond and buy buttplugs so they can sit on while playing red alert.

Edited by Tjmeout, 26 August 2010 - 04:35 AM.

#73 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl @ st and how useless they have been these past 5+ years

All they do is have a tiberian sun forum? I could ****in do that rofl. So now you're suggesting we pay for nothing to happen? Cuz i can guaruntee if someone sends money to them, they wont respond and buy buttplugs so they can sit on while playing red alert.

Really? So you havn't enjoyed the server for 5 years. Get out.

#74 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

And they can't even put the forum in the right place on the board. You know, I didn't realise all we needed to do to get heard on here was spam until we had as many posts as pompi!

But anyway...

So, er, Newgrant, you haven't actually answered our question RE: the mod position yet. You asked, we answered in full. We await your response.

Edited by Mole40k, 26 August 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#75 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

Really? So you havn't enjoyed the server for 5 years. Get out.

So apparently ST is becoming an elitist club. cool beans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users