86 replies to this topic

#26 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

There's another topic about the moderator.

More like 10+ :laugh:

Patience is what you TS guys need. :p

#27 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

This "wait" has almost always meant "never." It has been a tranquilizing thalidomide relieving the emotional stress for a moment, only to give birth to an ill-formed infant of frustration. We must come to see with the distinguished jurist of yesterday that "justice too long delayed is justice denied"

#28 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

More like 10+ :laugh:

Patience is what you TS guys need. :p

Yea, you're right.. cos waiting for 10+ years for anyone to actually care about TS is not long enough.... see you in another 10 years.

#29 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

I'm reading the book 'Catch-22' at the moment and it seems quite appropriate to the situation we TS players find ourselves in:

We are told we need to wait for Neogrant to get back off his holiday yet Neogrant has expressly stated that he hasn't got power to implement the change anyway and it's Olaf's decision in the end - yet Olaf says we must wait for Neogrant.

Anyone see the problem here?

Unfortunately, I fear Chrismlawrence is right - this has, and always has been, a smoke-screen. Anyone of the intelligence and respectability you would assume is needed to run a server could very easily in the space of a few hours read over all that has happened both here and on GMWZ and could come to a fair conclusion as to who to elect as TS mod and who to listen to in the community. Thing is, Strike-team have had YEARS to do this and have repeatedly failed to take the few simple steps that are needed to make everyone happy and remove the burden of moaning TS players that now seem to clutter these forums.

Come on ST, please listen to the community and do the right thing.

#30 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

I guess keep praying to the self proclaimed god of this site and maybe something will be done... who knows.... ;)

(no disrespect)

Edited by chrismlawrence, 08 August 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#31 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

i wouldnt waste anymore time diego, wt, the others trying to benefit the longevity of ts on xwis. the admins say the people responsible for granting mod positions are MIA (shocker), yet they have time to come in and post sarcastic bull ****. i like that you have done something diego and i hope it will be more successful

#32 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hmmm.

Edited by TheWOLPRO, 13 August 2010 - 07:50 AM.

#33 Tjmeout

Tjmeout

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

I'd like to point out how much ST blows.

Thanks

#34 xtrmtea

xtrmtea

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

I agree. This moderator debacle is quite embarrassing. I assume EA would expect a certain level of professionalism from ST but all i see are bad attitudes and inaction.

#35 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Completely agree. I'm inclined to email them about the whole situation tbh. If I did I assume everyone would support me?

#36 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

By everyone you mean 6 people?

#37 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:51 AM

cool :cool:

#38 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

By everyone you mean 6 people?

Stop whining. We have a solid base of players of over 100. 30-100 on at any given time. Your ratio is basically 60-150 people n.

I dnt see a difference =)

Dylhole, instead of being a smelly troll why dont u give some intelligent tips on how we all can be a good COMBINED community =)

#39 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

Stop whining. We have a solid base of players of over 100. 30-100 on at any given time. Your ratio is basically 60-150 people n.

I dnt see a difference =)

Dylhole, instead of being a smelly troll why dont u give some intelligent tips on how we all can be a good COMBINED community =)

I have a good tip. Be patient. :)

Another one! Don't come on strike team and bag how bad it is, expecting that a letter to EA will work? Strike team admins will show them this topic and BAM, useless letter.

#40 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I'm afraid DylHole is right on that one. You've gotta realise that Olaf and Riz will only elect someone they trust to become a moderator. So far I can't see that happening.

#41 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

There is nothing unprofessional about Olafs approach, quite the contrary,
and contacting EA is a complete waste of time, you may remember what things were like when they controlled the servers, i assure it was a lot worst than how it is now (no ladder, no lobbies, server full of bots).

If you guys really want to have changes, money talks,
so each of you needs to chip in 20-30 bucks, which is nothing when you consider how many hours of entertainment you have had from this game, get together a pot of a few hundred bucks and give it to the guy, his time is money just like everyone elses.
And i dont want to hear no **** about you cant get 20-30 bucks, you need to go get a job if thats the case, and stop being a sorry **** loser.

Olaf can update anything he wants to, but clearly there is no motivation for him to do it, and he doesnt trust anyone in the TS community to let them do it, so thats it.

All these booo hooo topics here arent going to work, the begging, the threats are getting you nowhere.
So just stump up some cash and you will have updates coming out of your ****, i guarantee it.
Nothing comes for free, and 20-30 bucks is nothing if these updates mean so much to you, considering how many hours you have had from this game and server.

#42 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

you guys talking with all your experience right? and hands on?

dylhole says wait

dyhole you are what 15? you probably already spend most your time waiting on others to do things for you in life anyways, this statement is a bit naive in my opinion

bbg says give olaf money

if nothing was free, then there wouldn't exist the word and idea of "free" ? also you have no right to call anyone without a job a sorry loser. and you see the topics have already worked because they have shown light upon the ignorance of people like yourself. they identify several issues and show a clear lack of commitment to the smallest, and simplest of tasks. You want to pay olaf 20-30 dollars each for something that in all reality takes just 5 minutes ? You really don't know what you are talking about at all then. Please go play whatever game you play and be happy doing so, for all i know you are olaf on a separate account.

and here lol, threats? where? 1 of my friends here said he was going to send an email. I'm going to make some coffee in a minute WATCH OUT!

I personally think you have no concept of the words you use ie. "professional" "free" and "threat"

maybe we can all chip in and get you an education my dear and sweet friend.

now have a nice day, I will~ :p

Edited by chrismlawrence, 15 August 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#43 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

^ this is ad hominem..

And its not a lack of commitment from Olaf, you guys are asking him to go above and beyond what he is obligated to do, without any monetary gain.
His time is money, if you want strike team to fully support TS, pay him to do so, thats the only language thats going to work.
Could it be more obvious?

You guys are all getting cut up in emotions about the game, its really simple, Olaf doesnt trust any TS dudes to be an admin on his site, and even if someone gets to be a mod job, all they will do is resolve reports, and nothing significant will be accomplished as a result.

Olaf isnt going to do something he isnt contracted to he, hes not emotionally immersed in this game like you guys,
hes been working this site for 6 years solid, non stop every day, the guy must be bored out of his mind of looking at cheat reports and hall of fames and ladders.

30 bucks aint squat for the amount of entertainment you guys have all had from TS, thats a damn bargain if you divide it over the course of the 6 years since ST took over, it works out @ 5 dollars a year.
And if anyone cant afford that, then its time to evaluate priority's, because i wonder how they would even manage to feed themselves.

But the thing is everyone can afford it, because everyone has internet subscriptions, and computers computers, so clearly none of you are that close to the breadline that you cant afford it.

What it boils down to is simple, either accept things the way they are, or pay the man to do the things you want.
If you want support for TS, you need to support ST.
At this point, that seems perfectly clear.

Edited by bbg0wnzu, 15 August 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#44 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

The point, bbg0wnzu, is that ST are not fulfilling their obligations. We shouldn't have to pay someone to do a job they should be doing properly in the first place. As chrismlawrence says above, you really do need to reconsider your interpretation of the word 'professionalism'...

#45 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

The point, bbg0wnzu, is that ST are not fulfilling their obligations. We shouldn't have to pay someone to do a job they should be doing properly in the first place. As chrismlawrence says above, you really do need to reconsider your interpretation of the word 'professionalism'...

On a technicality, you cannot claim that ST aren't failing to fulfil "obligations" since we have no access to this highly classified agreement document between EA, and ST, that .. (as to date) none of the staff claim to have actually seen).

@ Strike-Team.

It's really NOT that hard to link to GWZ, and let US ALL take over the role of TS moderator, instead of hiring a TS moderator for this site.

The advantages are as follows: -
- WE already control GWZ (and can allow Olaf / neogrant . etc... ) a staff position on GWZ.
- ST can have control over their aliance with us, and simply remove the hyperlink from GWZ forums if they don't feel that we are "fulfilling OUR obligations as TS Moderators".
- why have 1 moderator, and the hassle of who to trust, when you can have a whole forum of people DEDICATED to TS ?

It's a simple link to GWZ, that will allow people to be able to come on ST, click a link, and get instant support from GWZ users.
Just exactly what we have done at GWZ.
And... best of all... no **** on ST forums....

Let me know what you think, and I'll be happy to set up the relevant staff positions for Olaf, etc... and the forum for ST visitors who want instant TS dedicated help, and reducing the hassle for ST, and it's team.

Edited by WhiteTib, 15 August 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#46 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Please list what obligations they are not fulfilling?

Because its been common knowledge since 2005 that all they are obligated to provide for TS is a working functional server.
Doncarlo was quite vocal in stating that numerous times over the years on this very forum,
Olaf is a little more reserved in discussing the fine print of his contract, which he is totally within his rights of doing, that doesnt make him unprofessional.

The chat lobbies, ladders and cheat report, even this forum we are discussing on now, Olaf doesnt need to provde any of this for this community.
But he does.

Notice this forum is running on the latest version of invision power board?
This all costs money and time to install and maintain, none of this is what Olaf is obligated to provide.
So he is already doing more than he is required to.

Olaf is obligated to his EA contract only, not the emotions of a community.

The only painfully obvious solution if you want things supported is the pay for them yourselves, most of you are men now, jesus christ we are talking about 30 bucks each, its not a massive amount of money.
If you dont have it, then you have some incentive to go and seek a means of getting it (gainful employment would be a good place to start).

You guys have tried everything to get this done, but none of it worked, when will you just take a hint?

#47 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

On a technicality, you cannot claim that ST aren't failing to fulfil "obligations" since we have no access to this highly classified agreement document between EA, and ST, that .. (as to date) none of the staff claim to have actually seen).

Not true, Doncarlo Olafs former co admin since the beginning was quite vocal in discussing the details of the contract, of which there really isnt much to discuss, the only requirement they are obligated to is providing a working functional server.
Thats it.

@ Strike-Team.

It's really NOT that hard to link to GWZ, and let US ALL take over the role of TS moderator, instead of hiring a TS moderator for this site.

The advantages are as follows: -
- WE already control GWZ (and can allow Olaf / neogrant . etc... ) a staff position on GWZ.
- ST can have control over their aliance with us, and simply remove the hyperlink from GWZ forums if they don't feel that we are "fulfilling OUR obligations as TS Moderators".
- why have 1 moderator, and the hassle of who to trust, when you can have a whole forum of people DEDICATED to TS ?

It's a simple link to GWZ, that will allow people to be able to come on ST, click a link, and get instant support from GWZ users.
Just exactly what we have done at GWZ.
And... best of all... no **** on ST forums....

Let me know what you think, and I'll be happy to set up the relevant staff positions for Olaf, etc... and the forum for ST visitors who want instant TS dedicated help, and reducing the hassle for ST, and it's team.

What that ghost town of a site thats getting 5 hits a week?
LOL, please

#48 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Not true, Doncarlo Olafs former co admin since the beginning was quite vocal in discussing the details of the contract, of which there really isnt much to discuss, the only requirement they are obligated to is providing a working functional server.
Thats it.

What that ghost town of a site thats getting 5 hits a week?
LOL, please

LOL (as requested)

That "ghost town" would be less of a ghost town, if people here, were posting on it, and would be more able to actually moderate the posting, to a satisfactory level (with STs agreement / guidelines of course), which is more than can be said of the TS forum here.

It makes sense.
- GWZ and it's staff have supported, and still support the TS community for more time than ST have, and are more dedicated to carrying on the support.
- GWZ has a relaxed policy towards swearing, but is STILL against racism and hate-speech, and cheating is not tolerated.
- GWZ will be happy to change this no-swearing policy, if it means that we can co-operate with ST at a proffessional level (even though TS is a 16+ game).
- GWZ has a long history in TS, and alot of us have been with TS since the very beginning.
- We would like to do anything we can, to support TS, especially if it means working with ST.

I look forward to hearing from a member of staff here at Strike-Team regarding these comments, and suggestions.

#49 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

This debate for a mod will be forever. Im just gnna play ts and let you guys handle it.

#50 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

This debate for a mod will be forever. Im just gnna play ts and let you guys handle it.

That's the right approach, people should really just enjoy TS for what it is,
and if anyone seriously wants things changed,
approach olaf with a sensible plan and adequate compensation for his time.

The guy is a talented programmer, i highly doubt he wants to spend his time and energy updating TS hall of fame's,
but with a cash incentive it would be different, because it then becomes work.

The main is a private contractor after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users