#1 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • XWIS Name: TSIBHOD

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:26 AM

Ok, here's the problem. 3-4 days ago, I started having problems connecting with some players on RA2. I have had some games connect, and play through just fine, and others, it does what shows in this SS. Any ideas on what might fix this? It has been happening a LOT, probably more than 50% of my games.

Attached Images

• problem.jpg

#2 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:53 AM

hmm i used to get that when trying to play people on the same isp as me. i upgraded my connection then it stopped doing that.

maybe try makig sure u got the latest drivers for network cards modems etc? are you on a network with a router forwarding the ra2 ports?

#3 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:18 PM

Well, unless a router is somehow included in my DSL modem (I don't think there is), I haven't got a router. The thing is, it just stopped working consistently 3-4 days ago. Before that, everything was fine. I would have an occasional time where the other player didn't connect, but not like it is now, where it is so frequent.

What also makes it confusing to me is that this is not something that happens every game. I am still able to connect to some games, and there isn't increased lag or anything like that.

The only thing I can think of that has changed on my computer around the time I started having this problem is that I installed a Windows Security Update. But I wouldn't think that that should cause the problem.

#4 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:13 PM

Ok, I think maybe I have narrowed this problem down a little bit more. It seems to not happen on the first game I play after starting MF up, but in following games after that.

Should I delete MF and reinstall? Or what?

#5 Descarte8

Descarte8

(Descarte8)

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 01:15 PM

About a month ago i noticed this happening on my older computer but i think the main cause of this may be people bailing after they have joined your game in MF if you know what i mean.

So you match, they join the screen changes as they bail, your left there hanging around waiting for someone who aint there still.

If this is the prob then it s not your fault and you dont need to reinstall, I dont think there are any known problems which could be causing this if it is working fine again after.

#6 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:02 AM

The thing is, this started happening a lot more often just recently. I had it occasionally before, probably because people cancelled, like you said. But something is mucking it up right now, and I'm lost on how to fix it.

#7 MaeL

MaeL

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:00 AM

Yea me too i have this probleme recently it's boring. I know sometime it's bailing, but sometime it's a bug. Maybe it's my aol connection or my pc dunno what the **** it is?

Attached Images

• bug_de_merde1.JPG

#8 MaeL

MaeL

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:24 PM

I have alot of probleme recently. I can't connect to ih8allies??
Why?

Attached Images

• h8allies.JPG

#9 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:20 PM

when i hd this problem, i never did find a cure, but was given a reason, dunno how good it is, maybe someone else can trash this reason or expand on it???

NAT - network address translation

sometihng to do with your isp letting users share ip addresses.

#10 notime

notime

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:27 PM

yup same problem here, i used to get a while back , but i get it allot now , i have got a router but i think its someing else if everyone is getting it. <_<

#11 Docmo

Docmo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:12 AM

I have exactly the same problem and it seems to have started about 1 week ago about 17 Aug 03. I don't think it is a router since it was never a problem before and I have had the router for 3 or more years? I don't know of any thing I changed that could have caused it and it was happening without the matching filter. Never on the first play but often on 2nd or 3rd plays. I had to reboot to be able to play again. :(

#12 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • 18426 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:36 PM

Try blaming EA. (Does it happen on XWIS?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users