30 replies to this topic

#1 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Just noticed a website being promoted by Gamerwarzone staff (the TS site operated by trolls and perma banned cheaters).
This is the website they are promoting, and even have a perma link to it on their main page.

Basically, its an IP harvester for XWIS, that publishes users full IPs to a website for the world to see.

Now in order to do this, they must be using 3rd party software to access the XWIS servers, which to my knowledge is forbidden under the rules here?

Pherhaps you have granted the owner of triggsolutions special access to do this, but then the publishing of the full IPs of users is against EA's privacy policy,
so I cant see any circumstances in which you or EA would endorse this operation.

Therefor, i would urge you to take action to shut down this operation from continuing to harvest users personal data from your servers,
or at the very least prevent them from publishing users full ips, because right now this is not only a security threat for users,
its also potentially a breach of your contract with EA.

Other notes,
the owner of the site seems to have personal grudge against ST and its staff.

The owner of the site posts on gamerwarzone under the username "Sean".

Neogrant must be fully aware of this IP harvesting site, as he visits gamerwarzone on a daily basis and would have noticed the perma link on the main page.

s7i6 could be one of the bots, its just a guess, but i see it in the lobby, never taking part in games,
and it also appears to be linked with "WhiteTib" on this forum, as i witnessed them together in a pass worded game for a long period of time.
(likely testing things)

Hope this helps.

also, i will add the idea of some type of member search tool, would be useful, (one that adheres to EA's / strike teams privacy policy)

#2 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

They gather the ip's by playing and checking their mpstats then sharing the lists, its been looked at before and they are not doing anything that breaches the policy. It's a risk we all take by playing peer to peer games, you have to make that connection to the other player and since the TS community is so small and they all collect the ip's thats how they know how to avoid the main cheaters.

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Feel free to submit an abuse report to their host.

#4 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

They gather the ip's by playing and checking their mpstats then sharing the lists, its been looked at before and they are not doing anything that breaches the policy. It's a risk we all take by playing peer to peer games, you have to make that connection to the other player and since the TS community is so small and they all collect the ip's thats how they know how to avoid the main cheaters.

That's not true, even by the creators own admission, infact he encourages people to use MIRC with the servers, and provides instructions on how to do so.

From ST rules..

Hacking, relay, bots, abuse of service
Hacking of any kind, use of relay, any other bots, and third party tools in the lobby are forbidden on XWIS.
Admin may also take action against any players they consider to be abusing the server, or a threat to the server security.
Immediate and indefinite bans will be issued to any hacking, or security threats to XWIS, or anyone abusing the lobby in any way.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 16 June 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#5 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Did Olaf allow IP's to be seen from the lobby's again?

#6 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

Did Olaf allow IP's to be seen from the lobby's again?

Shall i get you the admission from the creator of the site, that he is using 3rd party software to harvest these IPs?
Please riz you are smarter than this, are you really suggesting these lists are generated by mpstats sharing?

Maybe thats an excuse you use because you find value in the site, but its certainly not true.

Below are attached screenshots of the site creator giving instructions on how to access the XWIS via mirc.
(these were taken from gamerwarzone)

#7 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

Feel free to submit an abuse report to their host.

You are closed to the idea that someone is harvesting IPs from your servers via 3rd party programs?

#8 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

You are closed to the idea that someone is harvesting IPs from your servers via 3rd party programs?

I see your point. it's some kind of matching filter. Players are running their game through it to mesaage them in game lobby when others join or in the matching screen and each person thats using it is sending the ip's of players they play to that server.

#9 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

Gamerwarzone wasn't aware that that link was some type of ip tool harvester as skeleton says. We were told that this is MPSTATS shared IP lists from collections.GWZ will remove this link right away if needed.

THe list was used to help avoid cheaters on Tiberian sun. It was in no harm to anyone.

BTW.. The below post you made is irrevelant. You should not bring neogrant or the owner of GWZ involved in this matter as your not a member of GWZ.Please quit your trolling.

Also, you are 'advertising' this website which you think is "forbidden under the rules". Next time you can find other ways to express this.

"""Other notes,
the owner of the site seems to have personal grudge against ST and its staff.

The owner of the site posts on gamerwarzone under the username "Sean".

Neogrant must be fully aware of this IP harvesting site, as he visits gamerwarzone on a daily basis and would have noticed the perma link on the main page.
"""

Edited by hefeweize, 16 June 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#10 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

I don't remember saying I am.

#11 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

Its ok, if you guys see value in this site, and would rather not take action, i understand,

Could you stop drawing such conclusions? Nowhere do we say we see value in that site.

#12 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

@ hefe
the website clearly has a list allocated for "westwood chat", where it lists players and their IPs, without associating them with a game, making the shared mpstats list theory impossible.
and your opinion of whats harmful is irrelevant, its EAs and XWIS rules that count.

@ olaf
i didn't get the impression from your 1 line reply above that you were taking this at all seriously or treating it with any importance, is that the case?

certainly these lists are not being generated from mpstats sharing,
you can even make a nick yourself, dont join any game lobbys, or any game channels, and just sit in main lobby, and your nick will appear in the westwood chat list,
and not attach you to any games,

Edited by SkeletonNod, 16 June 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#13 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

AFAIK its only just gone up on the gwz today, thanks though my fellow follower.

#14 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

Link was removed from gamerwarzone until further notice. Will talk to creator about it as i dont use it myself.

If possible.
Please delete and close this topic as it exploits many peoples IP's. Or at least remove the links to peoples ips from this topic.

#15 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

AFAIK its only just gone up on the gwz today, thanks though my fellow follower.

its been up for 3-4 days now,

fellow follower = ?

#16 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:19 PM

For once i agree with skeleton nod. I think the link shoundlt be there. Skeleton can you remove the links from your posts?

#17 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

i didn't get the impression from your 1 line reply above that you were taking this at all seriously or treating it with any importance, is that the case?

I'm not going to discuss with you how important I consider this issue to be.

#18 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

its been up for 3-4 days now,

fellow follower = ?

I must be blind, although theres been sites like this before.

#19 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

This link was assumed to be an mpstats sharing list.
Due to the confusion arisen, and lack of clarity regarding this tool, the link has been withdrawn.

I would like to point out, the following:
- Bettzeug is banned from GamerWarzone, and has been for a very long time.
- The link to the IP list was created with member permissions, so that guests cannot see it.
- He constantly accuses us of being trolls, yet you can clearly see he is stalking GamerWarzone, and breaching it's rules.
- If admins had banned him years ago, he wouldn't still be hangning around now.
- HE QUIT THIS SITE, AND ALL FORUMS !
- He STILL hasn't stopped cheating.
- He has blatently namecopied nearly every person currently on TS, with the intention of winding them up.

Our rules are very different to that of StrikeTeam, but we still want the same thing... to do what's best for Tiberian Sun, and do our best to get rid of cheaters.

If putting links to tools, or lists that help identify cheaters, and namehiders is offensive to anyone, then I apologise, but since the options to try and weed out the cheaters are becoming fewer, and fewer, then it leaves us with very little options.

Thankyou, that will be all.

I am sick of all the death-threats, the namehiding, the accusations, and quite frankly..... right at this very moment, and possibly, for the next 2 seconds..... I am going to dream of a world where no-one cheats on TS.

okay, my 2 seconds are up, now back to the real world.

#20 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

I'm not going to discuss with you how important I consider this issue to be.

thats fine, but i know from the past you have taken strict action against people using relays and mirc to access the servers,
and you have rules also published covering these things.

So, i saw a rule breach, and reported it.

edit: the guy above has been slandering me, harassing me an stalking me ever since i exposed him and his perma banned cheating staff on gwz when they tried to get a staff position here,
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163111-why-the-ts-community-needs-to-move-to-this-site/
thats all ill say about him and his false accusations in this thread, for the sake of staying on topic,
but i dont find it funny how his first 2 points contradict each other, :laugh:

Also @ WT, you have admitted to removing the link, which clearly is from a result of this thread, so really you should be thanking me for bringing this to your attention, right? ;)
You're welcome.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 17 June 2010 - 12:00 AM.

#21 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:03 AM

thats fine, but i know from the past you have taken strict action against people using relays and mirc to access the servers,
and you have rules also published covering these things.

So, i saw a rule breach, and reported it.

edit: the guy above has been slandering me, harassing me an stalking me ever since i exposed him and his perma banned cheating staff on gwz when they tried to get a staff position here,
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163111-why-the-ts-community-needs-to-move-to-this-site/
thats all ill say about him and his false accusations in this thread, for the sake of staying on topic.

Bettz.

Face facts.

You're banned
You're a proven cheater.
I have NEVER cheated on TS, and you have absolutely no proof that I have.

You constantly attack GWZ, BECAUSE you are banned....
We didn't ban you because you "exposed" staff.... we banned you, because you are a cheater, and a constant PITA.

Yet..... you're still ban dodging, on a daily basis..... and quite frankly..... I no longer ****ing care.... and do you know WHY I know longer care ?
Because there is nothing left of TS... mostly in the last few years... because of you.

Oh, and... I'll leave on this last thought for you.

if you really think I care anymore about my "precious" reputation anymore.... you killed it.... I have nothing else to lose now.

Yep, thanks to Bettz.. EVERYTHING is going to be better for me from now on. :)

lol... BedSheets... someone should make that login, just for a laugh.

#22 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

ok, cool story bro, just stay on topic from now on ok?

#23 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

i noticed i was on the list :ohmy:

#24 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

I still see a linkkk on another post!

#25 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

and if its just for Ts why am i on the list when i've never played that game :confused1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users