Photo

Tiberian Sun: Firestorm (Your opinion)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm (Your opinion)

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you like firestorm?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • XWIS Name: TSRevo

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hello,
I have noticed for quite some time now that not many players play TS:Firestorm Online and as a modder I decided I wanted to know why.

lack of players?, dont like the New Units or maps? Personaly i like TS:FS and i think it is a shame i only ever get a game when playing friends as i can never find and other players.

So why dont you play Firestorm Online?

#2 noobLit

noobLit

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

So why dont you play Firestorm Online?

Because I reallllyyyyy like Ra2!

#3 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

In short : FS died and nobody bothered to resurrect it.

#4 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

In short : FS died and nobody bothered to resurrect it.

I still maintain that making FS a compulsory download is the way forward. Less bugs, new maps, new units, new challenge.

#5 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

I would play FS online if there was players on. I think every1 has easy access to tiberian sun and lost the FS discs even tho its free now.

The best thing to do is create a thread and make certain days "Firestorm" days where every1 will log on fs for that particular day and relive memories.

#6 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

I always likes FS better but noone is on that. I <3 the reaper!

#7 FEAR05

FEAR05

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hello,
I think we have to resurrect it, let's invite others to play ...

#8 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

It blows, the units blow, the maps blow, the game just blows.

#9 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Have you ever wondered why no one likes you?

#10 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

Many people like me.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 20 June 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#11 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Yah, like who?

#12 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Yah, like who?

Im not going to discuss with you who likes me

Edited by SkeletonNod, 20 June 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#13 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Ah I see, so noone came to mind? that probably has to do with you constantly dicking people over.

#14 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

as said before, im not going to discuss it with you

#15 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

I rest my case.

#16 Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • XWIS Name: TSRevo

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Although i disagree with your view over all, you have a point with the maps, some are great in my opinion others in the words of someone who i cant remember there user name "Its like they just gave up and told the janitors to finnishthe firestorm maps"

I asked for his opinion and i got it, yes the view i gather is that many people think he is a **** and you may not like him however that doesnt not give you the right to question his opinion. I have no time for people who I think are **** but i have even less time for people who spend there time reminding people that they think they are ****.

Never have i see such a community wide divide which comes down to so few stupid arguments amongst a group of Elitists who wish for higher controle or status

Any ways Back on topic

#17 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Do what now? I think you have been fooled by Skeleton Nod. Do you even play TS?
Skeleton Nod's disposition and behavior is not the same on Tiberian Sun and on the forums. They are polar opposites infact. Why do you think so many players are irrittated by this guy, its not because he, like all of us, are capable of forming an opinion, its becasue he's full of ***** and habitually recons/ disconnects/ and fiends peoplee. If you believe he is the controlled, assertive guy you see here, forgive me but you are gullible and a fool. Take the other day for example, skeleton nod joined my game and I rightfully banned because I don't play with "perma-banned cheaters", so what does he do? He gets on some random login and spams me nonstop for 30 minutes while I am in a clan game, he knew i was in a game mind you and he knows I am muslim, so he spams me " ALLAH IS THE GLORY", until I got frustrated and signed off. He even made a login made up of l's and I's to make it impossible to ignore him while in game. Now why would somebody want to do that?
Oh I know, does it sound like nerd and rhyme with rage? This guy has been a thorn in the TS community for years and you gullible idiots play right into his hands.

#18 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Do what now? I think you have been fooled by Skeleton Nod. Do you even play TS?
Skeleton Nod's disposition and behavior is not the same on Tiberian Sun and on the forums. They are polar opposites infact. Why do you think so many players are irrittated by this guy, its not because he, like all of us, are capable of forming an opinion, its becasue he's full of ***** and habitually recons/ disconnects/ and fiends peoplee. If you believe he is the controlled, assertive guy you see here, forgive me but you are gullible and a fool. Take the other day for example, skeleton nod joined my game and I rightfully banned because I don't play with "perma-banned cheaters", so what does he do? He gets on some random login and spams me nonstop for 30 minutes while I am in a clan game, he knew i was in a game mind you and he knows I am muslim, so he spams me " ALLAH IS THE GLORY", until I got frustrated and signed off. He even made a login made up of l's and I's to make it impossible to ignore him while in game. Now why would somebody want to do that?
Oh I know, does it sound like nerd and rhyme with rage? This guy has been a thorn in the TS community for years and you gullible idiots play right into his hands.

thats a nice story, if only it were true.

#19 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

It's 100% true, which part do you say isnot true? The fact that you autostarted games and still recon/map/fiend or the part where you spammed me just the other day online? Because I have proof of both.

Edited by phatmouse, 20 June 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#20 Highlander4x

Highlander4x

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

Firestorm was never popular online period and to expect it to pick up now is just kicking a dead horse.

#21 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

Just because it was never popular doesn't mean it wasn't 'good'. Fact of the matter is it's superior to TS in pretty much every way but wasn't adopted by alot of the champ-site community as they preferred keeping their little club-terrace together instead of migrating over to a new game where in they might have to learn new strategies.

As for the map thing... seriously WTF... Tib Forrest is without doubt the best and fairest map on the game, and there are also other maps such as drawbridges, river etc that add so much more variety to the game above the only two good maps on ts - terrace and ff. Add to this the fact the game is far more balanced and less bugged and you have a decent expansion and improvement upon the ts formula.

FS should be made compulsory imo.

[btw... to all outsiders who don't know the ts community as well as some of us - you really should all ignore Skeleton Nod. He's going out of his way to stir things up for his own perverted kicks and is in the process, ruining the game for everyone else and giving ts players a bad name.]

#22 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

I never liked it, too glitchy. maps sucked, units just got too fancy.

it was overkilled trying to outbuild the original game.

#23 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

Even though i didnt really play firestorm, i only went online to own the best clans such as FSharvey and crew..

The maps was well thought out and adopted by RA2 as its more even on all sides. As for glitches, i havnt really seen much. The new units are good and actually can bring new strategies out to the battle field such as the mobile war factory.

I think we should have a firestorm day somtime next month where at least 8 of us can get on and play. Would be fun to have a 8er game with new units.

This should be easy as firestorm is a free download.

Edited by hefeweize, 23 June 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#24 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

I think we should have a firestorm day somtime next month where at least 8 of us can get on and play. Would be fun to have a 8er game with new units.

There was a Completely random one last week actually. i think it started with someone who hit FS instead of TS, and was asking people why they couldnt join games.
then someone hopped on to show them why, then other people decided they wanted to play FS, and it began. Try asking in game if anyone would want to play a game or two, chances are, quite a few do.

In reply to the OP, the reason i dont play FS online, is well, frankly, nobody else is on it at all. ever. unless asked or is asking.
i love the mobile warfacs, and my only qualm with them is that hey should have made them more like the mcv, so that unless redeploy was on, its permy, and you would be able to build off of it. im not sure, but i think it moves the same speed as the MCV [i dont know, havent really played with Firestorm.ini much] so i suppose you could build one of each and move them up and make a FWD base. also....the FS campaign was short....Too short.

#25 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'd like to add that FS did go through a somewhat active stage and also produced many good players. The fact is alot of people didn't even give FS a chance and remained on TS.
And of course i expect people who say "they didnt play fs" but "they still logged on to own the best clans" and i call ****. I can almost guarantee that no one on here can actually remember the prime FS days or the clans involved.. infact i can almost guarantee that the only things people remember are the noob clans like Dragun and those crappy mod map clans. Oh and of course "-Mode-" which was the final stage of many clans before it.

People who actually remember the prime ts and fs days will know players that were elite at both games.. of course i dont expect anyone left in the community to recall such names so lets leave it at that.

All in all... FS was a very fun game and had its competetive days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users