64 replies to this topic

#26 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Im all for ray being a mod... infact if i had to choose it would be either himself/dan or WT. Not biased cause i have been on websites with them before or on a moderation team with any of them.. but because they are best suited for the job.

And seriously.. i have been away from the game for awhile but like.. who the hell is skeletonnod?

Edited by clipser, 01 May 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#27 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Im all for ray being a mod... infact if i had to choose it would be either himself/dan or WT. Not biased cause i have been on websites with them before or on a moderation team with any of them.. but because they are best suited for the job.

And seriously.. i have been away from the game for awhile but like.. who the hell is skeletonnod?

skeletonnod aka bettzeug aka Bodyshots.

Hi clipser.. and thanks for that, but like I said before, I wont put myself forward, simply because every time I hold a position of responsibility within TS certain people see to it that they give me loads of grief until I leave... and quite frankly... I don't want or need the hassle.

Ray however, is a brick, people can throw anything at him, and he just shrugs it off :)

im just not convinced by your motives

We're not convinced by your motives questioning everyone elses motives whenever they put themselves into a position where they can help.

Seriously... you claim to want to help TS, but when people want to do something to, all you do is question it, and try and stop anything happening.

WHY ? What are your motives for doing this ?

#28 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

My "checkered past".
1999> 2000>2001>2002>2003>2004(caught using mapreveal and mini map trainer after 1 week of acquiral )>2005>2006>2007>2008>2009...
never in that span of time have I ever reconed, pigged, or disconnected somebody.
now your turn skeleton nod,

Anyways I am not here to throw stones at anybody, but more importantly, put my self forward to help with the TS forums as needed to supplement activity.
But who are you to be asking me questions anyway? Do you work for strike-team? Can you offer me anything of use? You have been outlawed remember? How can I even begin to answer to you skeleton nod when you cannot seem to be able to answer your self.
Actions speak louder then words SN... and you should know this by now...

I may not be as technical, as you say, but i do have passion and a sense of commitment to the game then mos. and you see the beauty of forum moderation is that is does not exactly require rocket science in a technical sense. although I am capable of learning, I am not particularly interested in coding and all that "technical" jargon, but rather more interested in a diplomatic, server stimulating position, where I can help with the requests of the community to make TS more exciting for everybody.

I really would probabily just stay out of neogrants hair and open up some new TS sub-forums to kick start the rejuvination process for starters :D

our goal for now should be to project a permanent increase in server activity in 6 months time using the tools available at our disposal.

Edited by phatmouse, 01 May 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#29 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I may not be as technical, as you say, but i do have passion and a sense of commitment to the game then mos. and you see the beauty of forum moderation is that is does not exactly require rocket science in a technical sense. although I am capable of learning, I am not particularly interested in coding and all that "technical" jargon, but rather more interested in a diplomatic, server stimulating position, where I can help with the requests of the community to make TS more exciting for everybody.

heh, you should run for PM, I'd vote for you
:)

#30 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Thanks WT, but you have to take baby steps before you can make that giant leap!

#31 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Ray, its not a personal attack, im just interested to know why you think it takes a staff position for you to support the game?

What is your vision for this area? Im interested, have you thought that far yet?

You see i think that if this game is to have a snowballs chance of any rejuvenation,
this area needs to become a type of funnel for players finding or returning to TS,
a place where they can get easy technical support,
help with strategys, help with online play, help with everything on TS, just how strike team does it for RA2,
no drama, no trolling, no arguments,
just a nice chilled environment where people can just discuss the game, in a positive way, that is what we need,

and its a real shame that it hasnt turned out that way here,
thats why id really like to see a zero tolerance on personal disputes here,
they should be taken to PMs and members warned if it happens,
because its only going to put people off posting here, playing the game,
and its also watering down the important content that may be in this forum.

if you want the staff position ray, tell us why, tell us how you want to change things for the better?
maybe then if i have that info, i can give an accurate vote, but i cant vote if i dont know what im voting for,

you are a nice guy, ive said that, but this isnt a popularity contest, we already have 1 TS mod that doesn't pay much attention here anymore, do we need another?

#32 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Would I be lying if I said no?

#33 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Ray, its not a personal attack, im just interested to know why you think it takes a staff position for you to support the game?

Isn't that a question you should be asking the Strike-Team staff ?

#34 kgh

kgh

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

if obama can be president, then y cant ray be an administrator @ strike-team.net ffs

#35 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

cause rays not black! and strike teams not run by americans. lol mammy

#36 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

He's talking in principle, not in direct analogy ^^^^, and makes a fair point I might say. If the Americans can open up their minds and do the right thing, why can't ST?

#37 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

He's talking in principle, not in direct analogy ^^^^, and makes a fair point I might say. If the Americans can open up their minds and do the right thing, why can't ST?

Because it is hard to find a individual who can be trusted and counted on.

#38 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Of all the people I've met in my time on TS, Ray is one of the few who I can say would be positive for the TS community.

#39 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

mammy has no principles mole. that analogy is an example of the deepest thinking he does.

#40 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

Whether he meant what he said or not, his point still stands. ST need to take a lesson in community management me thinks and stop listening to the idiots who flood st, cncl and gmwz with their relentless power-mad drivel, and listen to the few trustworthy individuals there are on here: ray, brendan, corps and a few others.

#41 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13417 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

Why?

#42 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

Why?

lol.
you may regret asking that.

#43 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

lol.

No, i don't think so.

#44 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

lol.

Why can't some people have a normal discussion?

#45 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:41 AM

Because it usually requires more then a one-line answer.

#46 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

There goes your Admin dreams :).

#47 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

There goes your Admin dreams :).

truth hurts... :laugh:

Edited by phatmouse, 07 May 2010 - 05:51 AM.

#48 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Cause normal discussions are boring.:D

#49 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13417 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Sometimes it doesn't.

#50 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Why?

Because Strike Team admins had to ask themselves what qualities they needed in their current staff before they hired them, and for what reasons they would hire them.... it's all a part of the voting / hiring / consultation etc... process, for hiring staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users