#1 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

I, Ray, solemnly swear, to serve the TS community as best as I can, in a timely and orderly fashion, with integrity, honesty, and perseverance aimed at the longevity and benefit of TS.

For the people who don't know me, I have played Tiberian Sun since day one and have been a fan of RTS games, in particular, CnC games, for almost half my life. In that span of time, I have competed with some of the best players and have befriended some of the strangest people. I have a long, extensive understanding of the game and am familiar with most of the community activities. I have also worked hard, through the years, to hold my own against some of the finest players and have been proud to have battled against some of the best TS clans.

As a Mod , I will work diligently to crack down on the many cheaters plaguing our servers and hindering our competition. There are many players who have gotten accustomed to cheating or being cheated that they have become "comfortable" and stopped asking for proof to convict said cheaters. As a TS mod, I will work extra hard to insure that all players are safe from cheating and all games can resume fairly once more, this is in hopes that the ladder games can flourish with players who will become comfortable again with fair competition.

Secondly, I will immediately host a series of tournaments, supplemented with awards and recognitions, and hope to work in partner with other Tiberian Sun affiliates such as: GamerwarZone, CnClounge, CnC arena, the modding community, and new players , to stimulate activity once again.

Vote for me :D

Edited: Please simply state Yes or No in a post. Poll forms can be inaccurate due to duplicate accounts on the forum. - neo

Edited by neogrant, 29 April 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#2 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

Someone needs to admin the forum and someone DOES need to host tournaments and be a cheat zone mod. I had originally thought about Ray, and already emailed Olaf about you a long time ago for this position.

YES! :D

#3 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

You've got my vote.

#4 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Edited: Please simply state Yes or No in a post. Poll forms can be inaccurate due to duplicate accounts on the forum. - neo
This post has been edited by neogrant: Today, 08:30 PM

I thought dup accounts were against the forum rules.
Either way that's a fair point.

#5 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

I thought dup accounts were against the forum rules.
Either way that's a fair point.

Yes, but that doesn't mean they aren't still about.

#6 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Lmfao are you kidding me. If you guys think polls are inaccurate, remove them from the forum. Wow... this blows my mind :)

#7 Kaamora

Kaamora

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

yes

#8 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:27 AM

It seems that we have a few members interested in keeping our games active,
now is the time if any, to see a significant boost in activity.
every minute we waste, we lose a player.
we must take advantage of the download being available for free.
we can start by fixing the ladder, cutting down on cheats, awarding prizes and so forth

#9 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

haha love it. ray always has my vote. great guy with a personality unlike most.

#10 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

Lmfao are you kidding me. If you guys think polls are inaccurate, remove them from the forum. Wow... this blows my mind :)

Hilarious. Polls are inaccurate on most forums, depending on what bulletin board you use. So, instead you vote by yes or no. It equals a fair poll does it not? :)

#11 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:51 AM

I'm sure Ray was going to make 40 ghost accounts and vote yes on all of them.

This is my point, we're not typical people, and we don't have time to waste on BS like this because of retarded excuses similar to this. We'd much rather see something get done then sit around and talk about it. I was under the impression administration and staff actually... well... administrates stuff.... well, nevermind... I guess government alone corrects that statement.

#12 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

lol, there is only 1 person I know who would create 8769876 accounts, just to sway a vote.

Anyways... if ANYONE is going to become a TS moderator here, it would be ray, for 2 reasons.
- He is the only member to tell everyone to close forums and come here, and ST will have noted that.
- He is, as he says (befriended by many, and hated by few) one of the fairest people I know in the TS scene.

If my vote even counts... (based on the last few TS moderators threads that got closed) then I vote:

YES

brb, just going to create 40 ghost accounts ;)

Edited by WhiteTib, 30 April 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#13 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

- Also one of the most experienced players, and has been a top player for many years
- Is familiar with the ins and the outs of the game, including it's players
- Smokes a lot of weed, so you know he is on top of everything
- Has no life, so he can dedicate the majority of his time to TS

Need I say more, this is the perfect candidate folks, the mod job would be harder then the Admin job imo, and Ray can do it :)

#14 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for your detailed analyze of me JzampageX, good luck with becoming elite on StarCraft2!

#15 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

Of course my vote is YES. Ray is one of the few people on here who is both intelligent and beyond all the stupid arguing that keeps casual/part-time players like me away from the game.

#16 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

Ray is solid. YES

#17 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Well the overwhelming majority of people who have always played significant roles in the TS community are all in agreement Ray should be a person of staff here on ST for TS moderation, and possibly even administration if he feels up to it, my vote for that is yes because I know he can dedicate the time to it.

Will the ST staff now that it sees this actually do something, or sit on their thumbs like every other day :)

#18 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

I, Ray, solemnly swear, to serve the TS community as best as I can, in a timely and orderly fashion, with integrity, honesty, and perseverance aimed at the longevity and benefit of TS.

Nothing is stopping you from serving the community right now, you dont need admin or moderation rights to serve the community, check my sig for proof.
There is hundreds of ways and things you can do to help, if you need some pointers, id be glad to help you out (if you really do want to help, and your not just trying to worm your way into a staff position here, like all the others that have tried, and failed)

For the people who don't know me, I have played Tiberian Sun since day one and have been a fan of RTS games, in particular, CnC games, for almost half my life. In that span of time, I have competed with some of the best players and have befriended some of the strangest people. I have a long, extensive understanding of the game and am familiar with most of the community activities. I have also worked hard, through the years, to hold my own against some of the finest players and have been proud to have battled against some of the best TS clans.

I do know you, longer than most, and i recall events from you past that arent so squeaky clean, it was a long time ago, but does a leopard ever really change their spots?

As a Mod , I will work diligently to crack down on the many cheaters plaguing our servers and hindering our competition. There are many players who have gotten accustomed to cheating or being cheated that they have become "comfortable" and stopped asking for proof to convict said cheaters. As a TS mod, I will work extra hard to insure that all players are safe from cheating and all games can resume fairly once more, this is in hopes that the ladder games can flourish with players who will become comfortable again with fair competition.

This is an impossible task, even if you had access to everything Olaf does, so lets get things into perspective here, you wont be doing any of this.

Secondly, I will immediately host a series of tournaments, supplemented with awards and recognitions, and hope to work in partner with other Tiberian Sun affiliates such as: GamerwarZone, CnClounge, CnC arena, the modding community, and new players , to stimulate activity once again.

Working or affiliating with with sites run by perma banned cheaters will be out of the question, so you can forget that,
and as for the tournament, how many failued tournmanents is it going to take before this community understands that without a very stringent structure in place, its doomed to fail, speaking as the only person that has successfully hosted and managed a TS tournament in the past 5 years, i am more qualified to speak on this than anyone,

I like you ray, you are certainly one of the nicer guys in this community, but this isnt a popularity contest,
and i do believe that some people here are trying to use you for their gain,
as a means of planting you in a position, so they can attempt to manipulate you into doing things and getting things they want,

for example, lzampage,
prior to his meltdown and suspension from this site earlier, jzampage was exclaiming how great a friend he is with you, and how you speak to each other constantly on the phone all day, "3 times a day" he exclaimed,
then when he couldnt get his way here in a different thread, and was suspended,
he then went on a massive hate campaign against ST, olaf and neogrant, see the below message he posted....
Posted Image

Now, knowing that you are closely affiliated with such a power hungry, angry and manipulative guy, that tends to have these meltdowns quite regularly,
(usually when he cant get his own way),
i think its a cause for concern that you being a close friend with him, and how frequently you share all sorts of information with other members, including passwords and serials, and nicks,
not to mention what would happen when he starts twisting the screws with you, asking you to edit X's post, or lock X thread, or warn member X,
I know how this story goes, ive seen it a zillion times on TS forums, and i wont sit back, and let it happen here, not this site.

Like i say, its nothing personal against you, i enjoy your company when we play online, and i recognize your skill and talent on the battlefield,
you are featured right now in my top 30 players of all time that can be viewed in my sig,
but you have to take a look at yourself and question what you can really offer to strike team?
What can you really offer this forum?
What can you really offer this community?

Your not technical, your not especially computer literate,and you dont have a great record of helping anyone on forums, do you?

But you do have exceptional skill on the battlefield, and that is your real strength,
So I think, the best possible thing you could offer to benefit this community, is to make those series of TS tutorial videos like you said you were interested in doing,
because that really is something that will directly help people.

And Id be glad to get you up and running, with a screen cap program, and all the best settings for picture quality,

But people here really need to get a grip, and realize that putting someone in a staff position will achieve nothing.
Its not the staff here that needs to change, its peoples attitudes.

If i was able to change, and do whats right to help this site and the game as i have been doing, then there is no reason why anyone else cant do the same.

Anyone claiming they want to help or be staff, should just get on with it first, and prove it,
prove to us show that you are truly dedicated to helping,
because talk really is cheap.

And nothing is stopping any of you from getting started right now.

If everyone sat back, and just relied on the police of the world to make this world a better place, the world would be really ****, that much i can assure you.
Its time you all had a good look in the mirror, and asked yourself, what could you be doing to help others?
And then rather than talk about it, just do it.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 01 May 2010 - 12:50 AM.

#19 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

I will respond more to you later Skeleton Nod,

but as far as the notion, that I am a small pawn in some larger conspiracy of TS players, is simply false.

I know I cannot offer you a different game, skeleton nod, but I can try to offer you a better experience while you are playing it.

anyways more to come later...

Edited by phatmouse, 01 May 2010 - 01:41 AM.

#20 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

Seems like SkeletonNod is writing ANOTHER essay.
Either way, what he says is irrelevent. All he seems to do is attack people.

#21 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

I will respond more to you later Skeleton Nod,

but as far as the notion, that I am a small pawn in some larger conspiracy of TS players, is simply false.

I know I cannot offer you a different game, skeleton nod, but I can try to offer you a better experience while you are playing it.

anyways more to come later...

Don't get the wrong impression, this isn't a personal attack on you,

im just not convinced by your motives, i know it would have been really nice if i had just blindly put some bold text stating "yes",
however, any sensible person would normally ask a few questions before voting someone into a position of power,
so its not really surprising that im the first person to actually do so.

you and everyone else need to realize that this isnt a popularity contest,
this is a position that requires passion, dedication and certain character traits, that if im brutally honest, i dont think you possess,
and thats not a slant on you, 99% of the ts community doesnt qualify either, probably including myself.

if you want a position of staff here,
you need to explain why,
explain what you will do, how you will do it, and why you will do it,
because thus far, every reason you have given has been defunct,

im just not as easy to convince as everyone else
and ill tell you why,
its becayse im the only guy thats actually managed to get it right,
in the past 5 years im the only guy that has hosted successful ts tournaments,
that has built and structured a site from scratch,
and i know what it takes to achieve that,
i know the level of dedication required,
the type of character it takes, and you dont have it,

if you had, we would have seen it before now, afterall by your own admission you have been playing for over a decade, yet a paragraph and a few thumbs up from your buddies is supposed to convince me you are the man to drive this blank canvas to success?
I dont buy it, your a nice guy, and ill glady duke it out with you on the battlefield, but i dont even think you realise yourself what you are applying for, and if you did, you would likely run for the hills.

#22 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:42 AM

hes wanting to mod a website and help support a computer game, not about to land in somalia with his platoon..... jesus christ

Edited by Orochi, 01 May 2010 - 03:43 AM.

#23 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:48 AM

hes wanting to mod a website and help support a computer game, not about to land in somalia with his platoon..... jesus christ

the point is you dont need to be a mod to help support the game,

#24 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:57 AM

and why does it matter if he wants to be a mod or not? if hes a mod he can support ts better... thats not obvious enough?

#25 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

the point is you dont need to be a mod to help support the game,

Well thankyou for taking EAs stance on this.
EA: The only support you need, is that of the bag it goes home in.

After all Bettz, it's all you have ever done, isn't it... tried to kill the game, just like EA did, until they gave it to XWIS.

XWIS / Strike-Team, have done MORE to support Tiberian Sun than Electronic Arts EVER DID !,,,, and you know what really sucks... ? EA were (until recently) STILL TAKING MONEY FOR TS !!!!

All I can really say is this, whether anyone reckons that Ray should be TS moderator or not, and whether he becomes TS moderator or not... HE IS STILL THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB !.... and I would imagine that people will treat him that way too. (either that, or Dan3157).

PS.... and, you will never be convinced about anyones motives, as long as they have higher power, or are trying to get a higher power than you..... simply because you are jealous.

Seriously.... if you had put as much energy into NOT cheating, NOT harrassing people, and NOT killing the game as you have over the years.... this could... (rather bizzarely) been a poll asking if you wanted to be TS moderator.

Edited by WhiteTib, 01 May 2010 - 09:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users