Photo

An Example Of Why Anti Cheating Is Perfectly Justified.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#1 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

My first game all week, i log on and join the only tournament match up.
Right out of the gate i notice my opponent sends 1 scout to my base, oh dear, here we go... i thought.

I decide upon an "endless attack" type of strategy, you can find instructions of how to do this in my sig,

however, soon noticed that as my first manrush reached his base, a cyborg commando popped out of his barracks.
Im pretty certain he didnt have the time to build a cyborg that quick, and i let him know this, we exchange a few comments, and then proceed on with the game.
around 5 minutes later, its a standoff sitiation, i have 2 groups of titans sitting outside in a type of siege, anyways, he loses his nerve and makes a fatal error,
emping the smaller group, which of course left him defenseless for the larger group and the other group that were on route.

So I walk though his base, taking out his major structures, and thats when he decides that "he is not going to let me have the win",
so im then subjected to around 11 minutes of him disconnecting and reconnecting over and over and over again,

normally in this type of situation i would have fiended much earlier, but i wanted to prove a point of exhausting all other possibilites first,
i tried threatening the guy that i would report him,
he ignored me and didnt seem to care

i tried asking him to stop,

i tried sitting and waiting hoping the server would eventually award me the win,
but of course, when i checked the stats afterwards,
the game isnt displaying on the ladder!!

http://xwis.net/ladders/ts/axel1212/ thats the guys account

priceless!

Had i anti cheated as soon as this started happening, maybe i would have got my points,
also, i couldnt dpl because i dont have in game paging setup,

i have screens initially and then i started recording when he started the disconnecting bs, video is speeded up

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czcgUZ3BjdE

at some point in the video he even says he is taking a break and letting his kid brother take over the d/cing lol

Edited by SkeletonNod, 23 April 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#2 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Instead of cheating him back, why not just hit the "cancel" button and find a new game? or maybe choose a different opponent instead of wasting 10 minutes of your life trying to get points lol.

Anti-cheating will only serve to prove the initial cheater that its okay to cheat because everyone has cheats you see.

#3 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Please define "Anti-Cheating".

In all the years I have seen TS played, and played it myself, I have never seen a TS Anticheat... so, I'm a little lost as to how you could claim to "anticheat".

Edited by WhiteTib, 23 April 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#4 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

normally in this type of situation i would have fiended much earlier, but i wanted to prove a point of exhausting all other possibilites first,
i tried threatening the guy that i would report him,

Fiending a cheater won't help much and it definitly won't help to stop cheating. So why bother?
You claim to hate cheaters, yet you do so yourself?

Don't anti-cheat, just report the ****er.

Edited by Skable, 23 April 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#5 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

Fiending a cheater won't help much and it definitly won't help to stop cheating. So why bother?
You claim to hate cheaters, yet you do so yourself?

Don't anti-cheat, just report the ****er.

It does help because you will get your points,
the game doesnt even show on the ladder so you cant report them, plus half of the cheats they use are unreportable,

I dont cheat to gain any advantage in the game, i dont need to,
i simply use 3rd party programs as a means of anti cheating and ensuring the points are awarded to the rightful winner,

#6 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

the game doesnt even show on the ladder so you cant report them, plus half of the cheats they use are unreportable,

I dont cheat to gain any advantage in the game, i dont need to,
i simply use 3rd party programs as a means of anti cheating and ensuring the points are awarded to the rightful winner,

Oh yah then explain this Screen Shot, You were BR and whomever you were playing was TL, both of yall didn't do much for 15 minutes then you made a MCV and send it to TL expansion. From there you proceeded to make sams and finally you made fiends and sent them at TL.

This was a 1v1 ffg with 2 watchers btw,

if you fiend? who's to say you don't map or mini map either

*i am having trouble uploading the screeny, says the bitmap is not supported? * wtf

#7 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

needs to be either JPEG or png I think.

As for Skeleton Nod's screenshots.
Where's your minimap? Without the minimap those screenies aren't really legit are they?

#8 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

Nah his screenies are okay, he just has his mini-mapped toggled to player kills which indicates that he is not cheating atm.

#9 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Skeleton Nod, you called me a cheater .. did you read why i was caught cheating?

Cause of "anti-Cheat" I used a old method of r/c to Theswarm cause he had fiends in my base trying to ruin my perfect record. Well that was 3 years ago, and i learned from it. Now your trying to prove that your fiending is good. STrike-team will glady give all your points back if you post a valid cheat report on Strike-team. I learned that now.

Will you stop giving newcomers a reason to cheat others? I played axel before and he doesnt cheat, mayb he d/cs but he doesnt cheat. He does a quick 1 ref temple.

Stop teaching newcomers to this game that cheating others is ok. Strike-team has ways to give you your points back.

ps. i belive you can set in game paging from jsut going to setup and options from within game, correct me if im wrong tho.

Edited by hefeweize, 23 April 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#10 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I am also trying to upload my screenies but I think I may need howies or something

#11 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

I am also trying to upload my screenies but I think I may need howies or something

Upload your pics to Tinypic.com and you can insert the link here. Tinypic accepts the format of Ctrl c in tiberian sun

Edited by hefeweize, 23 April 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#12 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Aur, I will but I have multiple screenies on my cpu and am having difficulty browsing to see which one is which. I can't even open the screenie with paint as my cpu says the bitmap file is not supported or something like that.

help -_-

#13 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

what are you hoping to achive by uploading a screen of me using fiends?
i just posted a video of myself doing it, and the reasons why, what on earth are you hoping to prove?

#14 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

Obviously I am trying to prove that you sometimes get carried away in your "anti-cheating" methods and use fiends on people for no apparent reason and that is cheating!!!

#15 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Thanks Aur, I will but I have multiple screenies on my cpu and am having difficulty browsing to see which one is which. I can't even open the screenie with paint as my cpu says the bitmap file is not supported or something like that.

help -_-

No Problem. Try downloading Irfanview

http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10021962.html?tag=mncol

It might help you view those screenies.

#16 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

i couldnt dpl because i dont have in game paging setup,

Why would you do that?

Tiberian Sun Ladder Rules clearly states: "Please note ALL reports must now include the DPL system data, this will be required from all reports as from March 2005. Any reports found not to contain this information will be disregarded and underlined as insufficient proof provided."

Edited by dan3157, 23 April 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#17 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Why would you do that?

Tiberian Sun Ladder Rules clearly states: "Please note ALL reports must now include the DPL system data, this will be required from all reports as from March 2005. Any reports found not to contain this information will be disregarded and underlined as insufficient proof provided."

Thats why its not in the reports section, einstein

#18 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

Then why make a topic due to your stupidity?

Edited by dan3157, 23 April 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#19 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

Then why make a topic?

there is a clue in the title, brains

#20 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

there is a clue in the title, brains

If you really wanted to help the TS community, you should have made a topic to help players report cheaters properly instead.
i.e. don't be a dummy like me

As usual, you're trying to get people to play like you or learn from you. Not the best advice.

#21 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

If you really wanted to help the TS community, you should have made a topic to help players report cheaters properly instead.
i.e. don't be a dummy like me

As usual, you're trying to get people to play like you or learn from you. Not the best advice.

You cannot catch, what you cannot see.

#22 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

You cannot catch, what you cannot see.

Unless you already know its coming.

#23 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think it would be wiser to warn the TS community about certain players than install cheats on your computer. Soon or later, the cheaters will make a mistake and get found out.

#24 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:52 AM

It's an 11 year old game, with 0 prizes, 0 'honor', 0 'respect' - why are you so concerned about getting points? Cheating is not the answer, all you're doing is promoting something that has killed TS. I understand taking the law into your own hands if someone murders your family, but do you really care so much about TS? I know it's a fun game, but that's all it is - a FUN GAME. Not a way of life.

There's no reason that

An Example Of Why Anti Cheating Is Perfectly Justified.

ever makes it okay to be justified.

ST certainly wouldn't stand for it, and neither would I.

Next time don't play a guy you don't know if it matters that much to you.

#25 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

This whole thread is making a mockery out of the Tiberian Sun system against people who cheat.
It's a very clever, manipulative way, to try and refute the system, and bring about a defense that doesn't exist.

The nearest thing the Tiberian Sun has towards an anti-cheat, is a joke pic of one I have in my sig.

Anyone who cheats a cheater, cannot expect to treated differently than any other cheat, they WILL get banned.

Other options like "bundle the mini-mapper, the anti-fog, and the firend cheat in with the download" will not work either... the game did not come with those options, and you should NOT be allowed to use them... UNLESS EA, Westwood, or XWIS patches it to do so.

Bottom line, if your opponent cheated, REPORT THEM !, and you live to fight another day.
BUT, If your opponent cheated, and you cheat, NO-ONE should get the points, and you should both be banned.

I have NEVER cheated at Tiberian Sun, and NEVER had a request for a screenshot, in the whole 10+ years TS has been available, because people know I am too **** to cheat.
But just cos I am ****, doesn't mean I haven't won my fair share of games.

In my opinion, BOTH players should be banned.

Just 1 question remains....
When are players like this going to stop hiding behind this "anti-cheating" behaviour, and get banned ?

Edited by WhiteTib, 24 April 2010 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users