#76 Inacurate

Inacurate

The One and Only - Enigma til the end!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • XWIS Name: Inacurate

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Sports stars take blood tests, and urine tests when they compete, not because its an attack on their integrity, but because its for the greater good of keeping the competition clean.
Just like providing fellow players with screen shots is the best way of helping to keep TS clean, it doesnt take but 2 minutes to supply a few screen shots.
So i really dont see why its an issue, if you are seriously offended by being asked for a ss, and see it as a personal attack on your integrity, im going to suggest you might be a little over sensitive.

Over sensitive or not is my problem, not yours. I deal with it easily, since I haven't played a game of TS in going on 4 years, I think? Been a while. While it may be for the greater good in a real-life sports activity, this is a video game. Repeat after me, video game. Cheating, of any kind in a video game, is something I just don't understand why it is done, nor do I like even knowing about. I hate the idea of it and that people could stoop so low for a bunch of one's and zero's. I still play video games, because I do deal with it, otherwise I wouldn't play games at all anymore. I however, do not have to like or agree with the "screen shot" method and instead of entering a situation where I could be labeled a cheater for not providing one, I merely refuse to play the game. Simple logic.

Its no coincidence that the people that dont like drug tests tend to be drug users, the same way the people that dont like providing screens tend to be cheaters.

Coming from you, from what I hear and have read in this thread, has got to be the most amusing thing. Good way to deflect the issue and prove my point at the same time by attempting to label and assuming a player you have never seen play, a cheater. People who are vocal and outspoken about something are not guilty of that something automatically. There are always people who take the higher ground stance. I am one such person. I either believe in what I am saying strong enough to take the time to type out these posts or I have something to gain by the words. When you can find such a gain for me, please let me know cause I want some of it. :laugh:

And if you really quit TS in 2000, you couldnt possibly have the most experienced 6th sense, because you wouldnt be aware of half of the stuff cheaters do nowadays.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that "different" cheaters makes a difference. Why exactly, is a cheater from back then any different than a cheater from now? Do today's cheats allow them to more successfully cheat their victim then ten years ago? The ability to find a cheat, regardless of its purpose, is the sixth sense. Knowing the game is how you do that best, and last I checked, the game engine hasn't changed in the past ten years. ;)

Also, i hosted some tournaments last year, in which it was mandatory for all winning players to provide no less than 3 screen shots from various points of the game, and everyone did it, without any complaints, a totally cheat free tournament, so it is possible, but it does take a little effort from everyone.

The fact that people have become desensitized to the process really isn't a helpful point for your argument. It may be accepted now, it may be the "only way" to prove, but it's simply not something I agree with and nor should any other player with an ounce of integrity. My opinion is of course, my own. ;)

Good GRIEF, I would hate to see what would happen if you guys were standing next to each other in the same room, in real life. We'd probably have to scrape what's left of y'all off the walls. OMG.

I would never do anything, I have no feelings towards them one way or the other. :) I am always, frighteningly so, level headed and calm.

Ask my girlfriend, she hates arguing with me. :p

#77 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

With your first response, I'd like to ask the question - it's understandable to you why people cheat in professional sports, but you don't understand why they would do it on a game?

People want to win, no matter what it takes, or what gets on their hands.

Is it low, yes, but it's always going to be a part of ANY game... ANY, whether it be real, or video... does this mean you don't play any sports, board games, cards, video games, or I-Spy on the road?

#78 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Inac, if you quit TS 10 years ago, the questions begs being asked... why are you still here? I am definitely not trying to ask you to leave, but I find it hard to believe your dedication for a game you played for 1 year, 10 years ago, still contains this much of a meaning to you.

If you'd rather not play the game, why sit around talking about it.

I guess what I'd like to say is, though people may 'cheat' and integrity may be 'jeopardized', I've had a lot more fond moments of TS then I have had bad, and that most definitely outweighs ever being asked for a SS (though I honestly can't recall if I ever have) or wanting to ask someone else. It's one thing if someone blatantly flies a dissr into your base, it's another if someone is crossing you before doing so, pressing 'S', or, my personal favorite that I caught Dareeta and trooper both doing, having impossible placements that can't be utilized without 1 form of cheating or another, whether it be mapping or building anywhere. Trooper admited he mapped to me, and I've moved past it and we're cool now. Dareeta on the other hand still refuses to acknowledge he mapped, so instead says he used the build anywhere cheat so he didn't have to have his first ref further away from his tib in BL (lol?)

Nontheless, I have never ran into a mapper that could legitimately outplay me. If your excuse to not play TS is because of cheating, then you must not have been very confident in your own abilities, because you should always hope for the best, but expect the worst. That includes thinking your opponent knows what you are going to do. Sorry for the ramble.

It holds the most amount of meaning any video game could for a person. I love this game, quite frankly. The classic "If you love her, you need to let her go" scenario fits how I feel about TS. Also, it was shorter than a year. ;) Came out in August of 99 and placed my last SAM sometime in early-summer. Goofed around here and there after that, but never played a serious game then or since!

I too share your sentiments of fond moments. heh, I remember playing an 2v2 for fun game with a few friends on Forest Fires...my partner and one of the others got taken out about 40 minutes in the game and it was just a buddy and I. Six hours, yes six hours later after the other two had quit a long time ago we both agreed to a draw. To me, that is a game. Might have even been eight hours, I can't recall sadly. :D

My issues are largely what has happened to the entire community as time has gone on. Please remember, I was around for when it started. I've pretty much seen it all in terms of build orders, tactics and the usual smack talk. What we have these days, to me, is a community that has shaped itself because of and around cheating. So while I refuse to be a playing member, I will always want to be keep tabs on and see what is happening with it, in the hopes that it somehow changes drastically or is fixed.

With all the name hiding that has happened over the years, I couldn't say for sure if there are still any people who cheat still, who could also outplay me. All cheaters are NOT skilled people, and not all skilled people are not cheaters. I knew a pair of players who were quite skilled, but also cheated to supplement their abilities.

Also, I never forgive and forget. Never let go if I have been cheated. I couldn't be "cool now" with someone who has cheated me, it's a morals thing taken to the extreme, as I always do. Don't know another way! :)

With your first response, I'd like to ask the question - it's understandable to you why people cheat in professional sports, but you don't understand why they would do it on a game?

Is it low, yes, but it's always going to be a part of ANY game... ANY, whether it be real, or video... does this mean you don't play any sports, board games, cards, video games, or I-Spy on the road?

I know they want to win, of course. But for one's and zero's, really? That's like people getting addicted to WoW or another MMO, where they pay $14.95 for five years and what do they have to show for it? Granted, I paid $9.99 for seven years for a text MMO, so maybe that isn't the best analogy..... :laugh:

It's just silly to cheat when you are not winning anything. Winning I understand, but they have nothing concrete to hold, nothing making their efforts worthwhile. Even a place in history isn't worth the effort. My opinion, of course. But it is all one's and zero's at the end of the day. With no way to prove who is who, I could easily say I'm any of those people from any HoF. So it's even more pointless in a game like this. At least in newer games with newer technology, your wins are usually "tied" to something and can be boasted about!!

I play all of the above, am rather fond of the card game Spades. Who cheats in I-Spy, common! LOL

Edited by Inacurate, 22 March 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#79 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Lol ya I was being sarcastic.

And I blow a monthly sub on everquest 2 :(

Now you make me feel nerdy

#80 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

I played EVE Online for a bit, had to let that go. Played Darkfall for three, had to let that go too. A shame to see the money "gone" but I have the memories and good times! :)

#81 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

I dont "want" to win, but I do enjoy winning when it happens.
I buy the game, and play it, because I enjoy playing, and unfortunately, that's something that some players just don't get, after all, it's just a game.

#82 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

I dont "want" to win, but I do enjoy winning when it happens.

Amusing story, that shows how ingrained the idea of "winning" is into people, this happened less than an hour ago.

Driving home, two lane road coming up to two sets of lights and after the second set the road narrows to one lane. Speed limit is 35, common for people to do 40-42. One car was in front of me in the left lane coming up to the first set of lights, which were red. I moved into the right lane, cause I know the traffic patterns and knew if I braked just enough I could go through the intersection at 20-25mph. So I did, easily bypassing the car in the left lane and proceeded to move into the left lane, for when the right lane merged ahead, and came up on the second set of lights, also red but not getting ready to change so I had to come to a stop. Not wanting to be outdone, the car I passed moved into the right lane next to me to stop and when the lights proceeded to turn green, they floored it, just to get ahead of me!!

I find that hilarious myself. Would have been ten times more awesome had they been pulled over, but I will laugh regardless because what that driver did was just stupid, wasted gas, put additional wear on their vehicle and of course, came with the risk of a police officer catching them!

#83 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

Over sensitive or not is my problem, not yours. I deal with it easily, since I haven't played a game of TS in going on 4 years, I think? Been a while. While it may be for the greater good in a real-life sports activity, this is a video game. Repeat after me, video game. Cheating, of any kind in a video game, is something I just don't understand why it is done, nor do I like even knowing about. I hate the idea of it and that people could stoop so low for a bunch of one's and zero's. I still play video games, because I do deal with it, otherwise I wouldn't play games at all anymore. I however, do not have to like or agree with the "screen shot" method and instead of entering a situation where I could be labeled a cheater for not providing one, I merely refuse to play the game. Simple logic.

Coming from you, from what I hear and have read in this thread, has got to be the most amusing thing. Good way to deflect the issue and prove my point at the same time by attempting to label and assuming a player you have never seen play, a cheater. People who are vocal and outspoken about something are not guilty of that something automatically. There are always people who take the higher ground stance. I am one such person. I either believe in what I am saying strong enough to take the time to type out these posts or I have something to gain by the words. When you can find such a gain for me, please let me know cause I want some of it. :laugh:

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that "different" cheaters makes a difference. Why exactly, is a cheater from back then any different than a cheater from now? Do today's cheats allow them to more successfully cheat their victim then ten years ago? The ability to find a cheat, regardless of its purpose, is the sixth sense. Knowing the game is how you do that best, and last I checked, the game engine hasn't changed in the past ten years. ;)

The fact that people have become desensitized to the process really isn't a helpful point for your argument. It may be accepted now, it may be the "only way" to prove, but it's simply not something I agree with and nor should any other player with an ounce of integrity. My opinion is of course, my own. ;)

I would never do anything, I have no feelings towards them one way or the other. :) I am always, frighteningly so, level headed and calm.

Ask my girlfriend, she hates arguing with me. :p

The way you deliberately attempt to use any excuse to disagree, no matter how illogical your argument sounds, leads me to believe you are trolling, either that or you really are incapable of having a sensible discussion.
I've covered all of your relevant points in this thread in my first response to you, and there's no point repeating myself, because if you couldn't comprehend them the first time around, chances are you wont be able to the second, third or however many times i repeat them.

So im sorry bud, but your post above really isn't worthy of my time responding point for point, so i'm not going to, and as a matter of course, i'm also going to add you to my ignored users list, to ensure your trolling doesn't waste any of my time in the future.
Have fun guy, i'm done with you. lol.

#84 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

It wasn't exactly on my list of things to do, but if anyone else would like some pointers on how to get him to ignore you, send me a PM and I will be more than happy to share my insights. No charge, totally me simply looking out for you! :)

(Took me less than a week to do something how many of you have been trying to do for years? :laugh: :p)

Good GRIEF, I would hate to see what would happen if you guys were standing next to each other in the same room, in real life. We'd probably have to scrape what's left of y'all off the walls. OMG.

It's not like anything like THIS could ever happen. http://gamepolitics.com/2010/03/22/cs-hacker-stabbed-brain

It's just a game, right? :huh:

#85 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

I wouldn't put it past a few people. Rob would probably be at the top of my list.

#86 AzA9

AzA9

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

What is the skeleton nod system? I can remember playing Bodyshots about 8-9 years ago.

#87 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:39 AM

What is the skeleton nod system?

A term invented by some below average (?) player called bettzeug to explain his "amazing skill". He either finished the August 2009 (or 2008) XWIS tournament ladder ranked 1st or 2nd by hosting games with horrible options and playing against pure newbs (huge majority of the time) for easy points. In his warped mind, he's thinks that's some kind of achievement and he's being babbling about it ever since.

You have to admit, it sure is a good way for a below average (?) player to make other players know who he is.

Anyways, I'm sure Oceana (bettzeug) will eventually read my post and claim what I say is totally wrong.

#88 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

You can bet on that dan...

Skeleton Poker however, is failsafe because play money and real money are totally the same!

Haha I'm not going down that road again... flame on bettz!

#89 AzA9

AzA9

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

So he never developed a revolutionary stratergy or methods?

#90 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

Revolutionary... certainly not in my eyes. Witty maybe, yes - but conventional, no... no normal play would play those means that he utilized, but people who wouldn't were easy targets - hence the undefeated record. It's rather smart to be honest, but would have required an immense amount of patience in my opinion because I get bored of non-difficult games.

Basically if I recall, he utilized harv truce with a long **** nod game, and Nod obviously always wins long unless GDI is smart and harv kills. Well... so much for that, right? Hence his system lol.

#91 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Lol skeleton nod was funny, you put on a big map, go nod, get a fast emp, cc , n then pump bans,(Have harv truce on) so you can bunk in your main and not worry about your harvesters being attacked.....it's weakness is the begining, if you let it build up, you will ALWAYS Lose !!!!! it is fun tho, bettz is smart n good ts player, but those bad traits of ts, wouldn't help make ts better, its too late, in the begining if no1 did that(no1 did ban back then) n kept it that way it would have helped, now the skill level is such a HUGE HUGE gap between players, to let some people play in your games, woudl be pointless, not fun for them or you......and most modders/new players cheat for some reaso nor another, ethier way, cant be helped! I do ask who someone is before I ban tho, but if i know its a noob keeping would be the right thing so they learn(if this was like 2000) but now it would take forever to learn so i just boot

P.s. didnt read half this **** not enough time yet i will later

Edited by miketehmaster, 04 April 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#92 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

ok i read most of it, and bettz did get 130 wins and was rank 1 , and kapa did dodge him, but..... it depends on what you call an achievement, its hard to get rank 1 even noob bashing, need mass time......so good job, i know when i host tournies, no one joins my games, so i don't think its even possible ;p but.......ya bettz is right for most part , but those "bad traits" cant be corrected now,there is no way to curve community back, if people come back cool, if not cool, cant be fixed at this point, shoulda thought of this in 2004? ;o

#93 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Erm so you are saying that noob bashing with set options 130 times is an achievement and should be deserved rank 1? Laff.
I just murdered the ladder (http://xwis.net/ladders/prev/ts/) and I didn't even try. I started like half way through the month, still, I don't really see that as something to brag about.
20-2
Gg

Fix the link please*

Edited by phatmouse, 04 April 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#94 THE BIL

THE BIL

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3584 posts
  • XWIS Name: maxxximus

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

ask bil if my 130 win streak and rank 1 with nod is a lie, get him to check it with the xwis data base,
no lies my friend, its not my fault the truth hurts.

Lol yo Chris still trolling forums with such huge essays,(read a few posts and scrolled the rest lol) just want to clear some things up,

yes u did win ladder with 100+ games
kapa did give freewins to manipulate the ladder standings = got banned too
u won it that month not playing everyone regularly = mostly newbs
quite a few of the good players won and lost vs u
u had it on harvy truce settings = huge advantage for nod on large maps

ok carry on -_+

#95 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:04 AM

And what of all the legitamate new players such as myelf?
how is this community supposed to grow when everyone is being a jerk off.
im glad alot of you said 95% of the population is like this, which at a cursory glance means "most".
Alot of the people ive played have been actually nice, but your right, its the weakest links that bring the community down.
ive gotten quite a few unwarranted boots/bans from games immediately after joining, but the vast majority of kicks were because of the people i have been regularily playing with know that im not the greatest player, at least when it comes to quick hard fast wins, as im just here for fun, and told me that they wanted to have a "skill" game or two, and they would either a) let me watch if there was enough room in the map, or b) play a game or two, then make a fun game [visc, bbg, ff, TL y'know, fun maps] and page me to see if i was in game or not.

and yet all you people who flame this thread and who flame the "soapboxxers" are stunning examples of the asshats they are talking about.
My in game tag is Mehillus, and i wear it proud and always. to do so as well to your name or not, your choice.
life isnt all about winning, so dont be a **** ****.

-Mehillus 2 W / a silo of L

Edited by Mehillus, 15 June 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#96 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Mehillus is skeleton nod lol

came out of an early retirement i see

#97 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

apparantly so.

mega epic fail.

#98 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

lol

#99 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

fail assumption is fail. have a mod check my ip, and skele nod's ip.

#100 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

fail assumption is fail. have a mod check my ip, and skele nod's ip.

1 word

Proxy.

now have a mod check your ip on TS servers, and attempt tp match it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users