4 replies to this topic

#1 The_420_Brownie

The_420_Brownie

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hi, I need to know how to change the resolution for Tiberian Sun in The First Decade. I've had TS since it came out but I cracked/broke both discs of the original version and so I had to resort to buying The First Decade. If anyone could tell me how that would be great. Thank you!

#2 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:06 AM

There is walkthrough's for this, and a really easy way to do it. Basically the way I can best explain it is go into your SUN directory, find the file labeled sun... it will be a configuration setting file, open it, at the top it shows you width / height. Change it to your desired resolution. I'm using 1440x900 right now, but I'm using 24" widescreen monitors... not many other people do I don't think. Just an example.

If that poses a problem, google Tiberian Sun Resolution Changer. There are programs that help you do it, once you save it just drag and replace the file it automatically makes for you and it will replace it with the new reso.

#3 The_420_Brownie

The_420_Brownie

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

There is walkthrough's for this, and a really easy way to do it. Basically the way I can best explain it is go into your SUN directory, find the file labeled sun... it will be a configuration setting file, open it, at the top it shows you width / height. Change it to your desired resolution. I'm using 1440x900 right now, but I'm using 24" widescreen monitors... not many other people do I don't think. Just an example.

If that poses a problem, google Tiberian Sun Resolution Changer. There are programs that help you do it, once you save it just drag and replace the file it automatically makes for you and it will replace it with the new reso.

Hey, thanks for your response. The problem is that the Sun.ini file for The First Decade does not have the width and height command like the Sun.ini file did for the original TS game. I don't know how to change it :\ I'm going to try and manually put length and width in the Sun.ini file.

#4 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Ya should be same thing, hopefully. I used TFD and had no issues doing it this way.

#5 CCHyper

CCHyper

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

If you add, AllowHiResModes=true under [Video] in SUN.INI, you can select from quite a few in the options menu via the main menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users