#1 CCHyper

CCHyper

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hey ST!

Right, as a few of you might know, im working on a TS patch. This patch is mostly aimed at modders of the game, but i would love to include any fixes or glitches with the game, aswell as maybe making all the current hacks or cheats void.

So yea, post away!

-CCHyper

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hey ST!

Right, as a few of you might know, im working on a TS patch. This patch is mostly aimed at modders of the game, but i would love to include any fixes or glitches with the game, aswell as maybe making all the current hacks or cheats void.

So yea, post away!

-CCHyper

I think you'll find more TS players and people with knowlege about this on PPM.

#3 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Dont be silly, youll find most here where people actually play the game at a high enough level to know where somethings wrong.

1. When JJ's fly backwards from a sam site the sam shots dont hit it
2. If you click a plane under a carryall it prevents the carryall from landing

Ill add more when i think of more, they where at the top of my head.

#4 Urab17ch

Urab17ch

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

shooting mk down with rail gun when its mid air, hate that bs

#5 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Umm... Cliff glitch, though it makes the game more fair for TL, people abuse it - even myself, especially building out in FF in RM expanding...

Also - RPG's have a blind spot, not right next to them, but a few spaces out, and completely shank the shot... so in essence each RPG has 4 extra blind spots if you know where to land them...

Barracks gets bugged where inf or JJ's dont come out...

Not sure if it is intended or not, but repairing a PP or comp tower to full when an accessory/turbine is placed on it...

planes getting stuck in the walls while either attacking or being built when your pads are full (especially BR/TR on terrace)

all I can think of for now :)

oh yeah... multiple planes landing on same pad or a plane not reloading on a pad even though it is the only one on... also I got EMP'd in my base one day as a tit came out, I couldn't build anything out of that war anymore, the tit never popped out, door was jammed open, and nothing else came out but I was still being charged.

#6 TsGoDGoTU

TsGoDGoTU

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

If some of these request are added, count me out on downloading it.

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

There was a build anywhere bug, someone showed me how to do it once, but I can't remember how.

#8 Urab17ch

Urab17ch

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

thinking about it actually, most of these 'bugs and glitches' we've actually manipulated and learnt around them. the majority of them aren't actually that 'negative', just nifty 'skills'

#9 CCHyper

CCHyper

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

There was a build anywhere bug, someone showed me how to do it once, but I can't remember how.

I fixed this already, i disabled the tactical scrolling in any game mode other than Campaign or Skirmish.

thinking about it actually, most of these 'bugs and glitches' we've actually manipulated and learnt around them. the majority of them aren't actually that 'negative', just nifty 'skills'

Very true, but some are also bugs in the actual engine. Westwood programmers fixed bugs with hacks, and then fixed hacks with hacks etc...

#10 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

Build anywhere is still do-able.

I'm not suggesting any of the things I said, I'm saying they are all glitches that exist... don't misinterpret my words.

Urab is right in the sense that we utilize them more for expansion and benefit more then cheating... as well all do it.

Stuff like multiple bombers on 1 pad and junk like that, that's what I would like to be changed.

#11 TsGoDGoTU

TsGoDGoTU

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

I agree, the bar glitch and pad glitch's are bad.

#12 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

infinite fs, emp glitch should be fixed. turning the emp off before it dies and when its remade the emp is full

laser and disruptor internal errors

#13 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:51 AM

This also works with firestorm being powered off, multi missile, and hunter seekers and ion cannon

#14 Inacurate

Inacurate

The One and Only - Enigma til the end!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • XWIS Name: Inacurate

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Setting a rally point from a pad into shroud allows the air unit(banshee, harpy, fighter, bomber) to move to that location when it is done building.

The emp glitch, already mentioned, but important to mention again. Same with cliff glitch and build anywhere.

Something about NOD submersibles too, but it's escaping me at the moment. Anyone else remember it?

And while no one will agree with me, since it is too prevalent a "skill" of course, the one shot disruptor from corner to corner. Would be nice to see that go away finally so GDI players have to have skill to win as WW intended. :) If this obvious bug isn't fixed, nor should "blocking" carryalls from landing with other air units. ;)

Inac

Edited by Inacurate, 12 March 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#15 Urab17ch

Urab17ch

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

is the one shot a glitch or was it made on purpose? i've always pondered that. emp glitch is probably the most annoying problem on ts, people just arent honest enough to be trusted

#16 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I don't think it was intended, but I think it's something that sets players apart, there's 8 different 1 shot scenarios, most players know of about 4 at max.

#17 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

is the one shot a glitch or was it made on purpose? i've always pondered that. emp glitch is probably the most annoying problem on ts, people just arent honest enough to be trusted

You want an absolute answer? Never going to get one.

It could be argued that because it was never fixed, it was intentional, but there are a number of things that should have been fixed like build anywhere, GDI being able to build up cliff from TL on Terrace, move orders from air units blocking a carry-all from landing, etc. that just were just never fixed.

My argument has always been the same, I believe it to be a balance issue that would have been addressed in a future patch. Not so much a bug or glitch, but a balance issue. If anyone seriously thinks Westwood intended one GDI unit to be able to cause that much destruction, they need some lessons on game play balance.

Personally, I want to believe NOD being able to build out of TL without having to resort to any glitches was intentional, however it too could easily fall under the balance issue. Since TL is perceived as such a disadvantaged spot however, is where to me it seemed intentional. GDI being able to do it too however, I think was not. But, we will never know for sure I do not think. :(

I don't think it was intended, but I think it's something that sets players apart, there's 8 different 1 shot scenarios, most players know of about 4 at max.

It just shows who is willing to sink the lowest to win. ;)

So yes, it certainly does set players apart indeed!

I learned all the positions, and fast, as a strictly NOD player. When it started getting very popular, I prefaced all my games with GDI players saying I would block the carryall from landing if they tried to touch down on them. I rarely had to make good on my "threat" though at first, most players couldn't get a LOS on my base to land one. Then came the rally point into shroud glitch, which I couldn't prevent people from doing, and all my anti-scouting skills were made useless and the threat was all I had. Was a sad day for me, thankfully I didn't have many more as I left the game before to long due to cheats, before they became rampant.

#18 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:06 AM

All a matter of opinion I suppose. The balance issues I mean... cheating of course is a bit of a downer.

#19 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

All a matter of opinion I suppose. The balance issues I mean... cheating of course is a bit of a downer.

Yup, all a matter of opinion....GDI only players will think it shouldn't be touched and NOD only players will say otherwise. I prefer to go the logical route, and use precedent and a little common sense in my thinking.

No RTS game that has come out since, involves a mechanic, unit or otherwise that allows for the destruction of the more "high profile" buildings with one shot. If you could efficiently(IE not with an amount of units that severely affected your chances of winning) destroy the unit prior to it firing, or the firing mechanic stopped when the unit was destroyed, that would be acceptable too.

But it is very important to note that all RTS games usually require a certain amount of force to take out high profile, game changing buildings. I do not believe in TS, that one disruptor and a carryall, should be considered a sufficient amount of force. If NOD had their own such option, then while I would still think the same, the balance would be there.

So things like one-shot and air blocking need to be tied together. You fix one, you fix the other, or neither.

#20 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

NOD can use "S" scout to pop subs up in unscouted terrain. This counters alt-scouting IMO.

#21 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

NOD can use "S" scout to pop subs up in unscouted terrain. This counters alt-scouting IMO.

Actually, that still requires you to have scouted "behind" them, similar to having scouted behind an enemy and telling an air unit to go through the shroud. It is a slight advantage at best, one of the very few NOD has over GDI, with no good means of preventing from a programming point of view.

I do not believe this to be a bug or glitch. If I have scouted behind you, I can send an air unit over, the difference is negligible, if even measurable.

#22 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Ah I suppose you are right...

Going back to one-shot disruptors, I am not sure if this was intentional or not but I do remember reading in the TS manual that disruptors have the ability to shoot through multiple buildings at once.
Wouldn't nerfing the disruptor just force GDI to send 2 or 3 disruptors instead of just one, in turn causing nod to spend additional resources on defence and ultimately slowing NOD?
Good NOD players should be able to sell a refinery before a GDI performs a one-shot attack, so actually by selling the building, NOD neurtralizes GDI's attack by giving NOD + 1000 for the sold structure (refinery or warf factory) and GDI - 2000 or what ever the cost of disruptor + carry all is.

Nerfing the 1 shot will only force GDI to send more destructive units and NOD to bunker more heavily.
This would be a problem if GDI is simotaneously racing NOD to harvest and spend more resources.

#23 Inacurate

Inacurate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Yes, the disruptor can, and should, be able to fire through two buildings close enough and damage them both. But for them to be "close enough," shouldn't have the need for force fire to be used to make it happen, so they are two different points.

What's more destructive than a disruptor when comparing costs? Before this glitch was found, they use to send two disruptors to get the job done, trust me, I was there. It's not like the whole world would end, cause that's how it started.

Selling, if a disruptor lands in one of the sweet spots, shouldn't be the ONLY course of action IF it has landed. And we both know, that in some games matches the lag is so bad, that your sell command doesn't go through AND/OR if you sell the building prematurely and they can move it to another sweet spot, you are now down two important buildings for one very inexpensive attack.

No NOD unit has that kind of power, not one. Also, no NOD unit benefits(game changing benefit) from force fire, either. At least one GDI unit of every type can benefit greatly from using force fire. Bombers, disruptors, disc men. I hope I don't have to explain the benefits to anyone reading. ;) Two of those units, the bomber and disruptor, give a GDI player a clear advantage over the normal click to attack method using the unit. No NOD unit gets such an advantage period, even if they may enjoy a slight benefit from force firing, they do not enjoy a clear advantage from using it compared to simply clicking on the intended target.

I have given TS game play and balance an absolute tremendous amount of thought over the years as I hold TS as the game closest to perfecting the offensive/defensive option of winning games.

#24 IcyFlames

IcyFlames

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Yup, all a matter of opinion....GDI only players will think it shouldn't be touched and NOD only players will say otherwise. I prefer to go the logical route, and use precedent and a little common sense in my thinking.

No RTS game that has come out since, involves a mechanic, unit or otherwise that allows for the destruction of the more "high profile" buildings with one shot. If you could efficiently(IE not with an amount of units that severely affected your chances of winning) destroy the unit prior to it firing, or the firing mechanic stopped when the unit was destroyed, that would be acceptable too.

But it is very important to note that all RTS games usually require a certain amount of force to take out high profile, game changing buildings. I do not believe in TS, that one disruptor and a carryall, should be considered a sufficient amount of force. If NOD had their own such option, then while I would still think the same, the balance would be there.

So things like one-shot and air blocking need to be tied together. You fix one, you fix the other, or neither.

Except the RA2 engineer?

#25 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

It is true that NOD units don't have the force-firing abilities that GDI units have but it can be argued that GDI lacks alot of the abilities that NOD possess:

1) NOD has the ability to steal GDI units, harvesters. and MCV's using the mutant hi-jacker - something GDI does not have
2) NOD has the ability to cloack and use subterranian units - again something GDI doesn't have.
3) NOD also can unleash havoc with multi-missles and chemical missles and a good nod player can 1 shot a GDI cy with a missle - something GDI cannot do.
4) NOD has the ability to make sams a click faster then GDI but also suffers from low power - something GDI doesn't have
5) NOD has long ranged artillary units to keep GDI at bay - something GDI doesn't have
6) NOD harpy is far superior to GDI orca - GDI needs a teir 2 bomber to kill infantry units and even still cannot catch some of the faster NOD units
7) NOD banshees are cheaper and faster and can ten of them can kill 3 critical structures while GDI bombers can only kill 2
8) NOD is capable of repairing units for free while GDI has to build a service depot and spend resources to repair units
9) NOD can deploy Tick Tanks which makes them virtually indestructable - again something GDI lacks.
10) NOD has teir 1 infantry that can attack air units - again something GDI does not

you get my point, NOD utilises a completely different set of sklils from GDI and where it falls short to Hit points and Destructive power of GDI units it makes up for it with Speed, Stealth, and Subterranian units.

I think it is pretty fairly balanced on both sides but GDI has emerged as being dominant in 1vs1 games especially on Terrace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users