Photo

Any oldschool Tiberian sun players back?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

Only things I remember are **** people off by never dying or giving up and always giving it my all with every unit I had until I was toast!! The way real games are suppose to be played.

That used to p*ss me off back in 1999 when opponents would hide infantry all over the map when they were losing. Without hunter seeker, it could take awhile.

#27 Inacurate

Inacurate

The One and Only - Enigma til the end!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • XWIS Name: Inacurate

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

That used to p*ss me off back in 1999 when opponents would hide infantry all over the map when they were losing. Without hunter seeker, it could take awhile.

I recall when people use to do that too. I would do that to those who used glitches to win, but otherwise I wouldn't purposely have units just kicking around in corners to annoy people. Every now and then I may have forgotten about one, but he would shortly find himself rushing headlong towards the enemy in a suicide mission, literally. :laugh:

I remember a few times when a GDI player would get lucky and slip a disruptor in and take out say my main building and just expect me to quit without having scouted any further. If I still had any unit producing building I would still play, period. A few times I'd still win from that position, because I had enough AAs and could still produce rocket soldiers and harpies, so could pump enough infantry out for effective air defense until they massed enough bombers and they never saw the harpies coming. ;)

Good times!

#28 Inacurate

Inacurate

The One and Only - Enigma til the end!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • XWIS Name: Inacurate

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

Oh yeah, Lo dan, been a while. :)

#29 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

Some familiar faces in here

#30 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:11 AM

Come back to playing TS! i ran into another old player today I have never seen before, some nod player... Kinetic I think? Said he used to play back in 99 and was browsing for CNC4 and saw that TS had became free.

He was actually really good, I'd say his nod is far superior to any other nod players I've seen as of late on TS (like that's a challenge).

#31 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

I downloaded ts for a game or 2 but unfortunatly i cant seem to get it to work.. i get some DLL files missing error which tells me to "reinstall".
So i guess i will have to use the search function or look around for some advice :cool:

Edit: worked it out

Edited by clipser, 22 March 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#32 Urab17ch

Urab17ch

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

yo clipser :p
nicest guy on TS :D

#33 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hey Ura :D

Hit me up for a game sometime! im actually looking forward to playing a few... this game brings back good memories :)

#34 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

Hmmm, I remember a lot that I used to play with regularly. Let's see, there was two of my favorites to play late night games with: ifucan and wefucan and their whole crew. These guys were on alllll the time, 8-18 hours a day: HeeroWins, hydro59, frzbrn, lurker90k, Morphix14, dougfuny, STEJ, sandman, SSGGFF, exterra, Dragun01 and his crew, Mutantgun, stomper41, vegeta80x, soggycow, endos, sapp127, GameChaos/lethlord...

Most of the people in [-ca-] were nice, [JustUs], dragun, and SIBUK's Tiberium Smokers clan, those were the days. Of course everyone hated the bad guys WSS which then became WSE, [-mode-] and that crew, from what I hear most of them grew up and have families now, lol. There's so many people and clans on there, I can't remember them all. Who could forget the days when clan [X-PRO*] had every member in the lobby at once every night lol?

I know a lot of old timers are back on, I still have many of them on msn and the few who still use ICQ. I've kept up with quite a few for a long time.

Edited by TheWOLPRO, 23 March 2010 - 02:09 AM.

#35 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hmmm, I remember a lot that I used to play with regularly. Let's see, there was two of my favorites to play late night games with: ifucan and wefucan and their whole crew. These guys were on alllll the time, 8-18 hours a day: HeeroWins, hydro59, frzbrn, lurker90k, Morphix14, dougfuny, STEJ, sandman, SSGGFF, exterra, Dragun01 and his crew, Mutantgun, stomper41, vegeta80x, soggycow, endos, sapp127, GameChaos/lethlord...

Most of the people in [-ca-] were nice, [JustUs], dragun, and SIBUK's Tiberium Smokers clan, those were the days. Of course everyone hated the bad guys WSS which then became WSE, [-mode-] and that crew, from what I hear most of them grew up and have families now, lol. There's so many people and clans on there, I can't remember them all. Who could forget the days when clan [X-PRO*] had every member in the lobby at once every night lol?

I know a lot of old timers are back on, I still have many of them on msn and the few who still use ICQ. I've kept up with quite a few for a long time.

Most of the players you have mentioned arent really apart of the real old school crew, except for ofcourse lurker and probably the whole --ca-- and dragun group. Frznbrn and jed etc were the *-k,f-* clan im pretty sure. And as for the "bad guys" of FS comment... its completely off target. -Mode- was previously Ride and was owned by Nautica05 and Lurker, the clan consisted of about 5-6 of us (Lurker,Naut,Myself,Hydro59,Foreva1st) etc. The good old days were when the ABNRGR clan was still around, we had fsphantoms crew consisting of wealldie5 and bloodde (pretty sure he played ts alot before fs). Then of course we had the converts like Ganador01 whom is probably known as akiller7k etc

Seeing as we are mostly talking about FS here, you would probably also recall fscreator and his brother, they had clans like LIMITS and Fin etc

Just thought id clear up a couple of those points for you :)

#36 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHA STE_J that brings back so many memories. What a great addition to the list, I nearly forgot :)

#37 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Most of the players you have mentioned arent really apart of the real old school crew, except for ofcourse lurker and probably the whole --ca-- and dragun group. Frznbrn and jed etc were the *-k,f-* clan im pretty sure. And as for the "bad guys" of FS comment... its completely off target. -Mode- was previously Ride and was owned by Nautica05 and Lurker, the clan consisted of about 5-6 of us (Lurker,Naut,Myself,Hydro59,Foreva1st) etc. The good old days were when the ABNRGR clan was still around, we had fsphantoms crew consisting of wealldie5 and bloodde (pretty sure he played ts alot before fs). Then of course we had the converts like Ganador01 whom is probably known as akiller7k etc

Seeing as we are mostly talking about FS here, you would probably also recall fscreator and his brother, they had clans like LIMITS and Fin etc

Just thought id clear up a couple of those points for you :)

Haha, you're right I forgot to mention I was speaking mostly about fs here. But these guys were around in 99 before fs came out. For ts, I think old school pretty much includes anyone from from its prime, which was from its launch until some time in 01. They were the bad guys of fs/ts, I mean phantom/ty/lurker/nautica were open about it, sure, they saw ww as the bad guys. I was around when sunflight was and all of that happened. The things that were done by them is the real reason ts died so hard and not so much ww's neglection of the community. Mine and lurker's crews went at it quite a few times, but we eventually became pretty friendly with each other. I forget the guy's name but I think the last of wse became ea xposed, but I could easily be mistaken, that came wayyy after though.

Did you use a different nick? I'm sure id recognise you, I've used quite a few.

#38 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

Haha, you're right I forgot to mention I was speaking mostly about fs here. But these guys were around in 99 before fs came out. For ts, I think old school pretty much includes anyone from from its prime, which was from its launch until some time in 01. They were the bad guys of fs/ts, I mean phantom/ty/lurker/nautica were open about it, sure, they saw ww as the bad guys. I was around when sunflight was and all of that happened. The things that were done by them is the real reason ts died so hard and not so much ww's neglection of the community. Mine and lurker's crews went at it quite a few times, but we eventually became pretty friendly with each other. I forget the guy's name but I think the last of wse became ea xposed, but I could easily be mistaken, that came wayyy after though.

Did you use a different nick? I'm sure id recognise you, I've used quite a few.

Ive used quite a few myself, however i use this one now as it was my username on any noteable cnc site (cncgamer,champ etc) :)
Lurker was the only one in his actually "playing" crew that manipulated ww and caused some of the things that occured.. the rest of the crew that
had a hand in the downfall were a group of "coding nerds" as i like to call them. As for the nicks you may recognise of mine.... just pick a clan :cool:

#39 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

So when is a good time to play? at the moment im noticing a lack of games, and if there are any.. they are mod maps.

#40 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

afternoon my time which is central time in america its usually busy at about 3 my time and its 11:33now

#41 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

Ive used quite a few myself, however i use this one now as it was my username on any noteable cnc site (cncgamer,champ etc) :)
Lurker was the only one in his actually "playing" crew that manipulated ww and caused some of the things that occured.. the rest of the crew that
had a hand in the downfall were a group of "coding nerds" as i like to call them. As for the nicks you may recognise of mine.... just pick a clan :cool:

Yeah I hung out with a lot of those guys one someone's IRC server way back--Did you know Revolt? He was a really good friend of mine. Me and Lurker used to stay up late and talk about his dad's sword making, haha that guy could make some awesome weapons. I miss those times so much.

#42 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

Yeah I hung out with a lot of those guys one someone's IRC server way back--Did you know Revolt? He was a really good friend of mine. Me and Lurker used to stay up late and talk about his dad's sword making, haha that guy could make some awesome weapons. I miss those times so much.

Didn't know revolt that well.. just knew him through lurker... but that was one bright kid with his relay program etc. Lurk has fallen off the face of the earth, hasn't been on msn or anything lately.. so i hope things are well for him!

#43 MoRaLeSD

MoRaLeSD

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hey is anyone can tell me how to play tiberiun sun online? i just download the version from westwood, the realese that is free and have instructions to play online, but it doesnt connect to the servers ://// anyone can help please?
mail me if posible please! moralesdmoralesd@hotmail.com

Edited by MoRaLeSD, 24 March 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#44 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

Didn't know revolt that well.. just knew him through lurker... but that was one bright kid with his relay program etc. Lurk has fallen off the face of the earth, hasn't been on msn or anything lately.. so i hope things are well for him!

Me too! The last I heard he was married and settling down, dang women!

#45 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

WOLPRO! Hey mate, long time no see. Haven't spoken to you in AGES (well since we last had an interesting conversation with Frzflame lol...). How's it going?

#46 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hey is anyone can tell me how to play tiberiun sun online? i just download the version from westwood, the realese that is free and have instructions to play online, but it doesnt connect to the servers ://// anyone can help please?
mail me if posible please! moralesdmoralesd@hotmail.com

It's a bit off-topic, but, check out the install manual in my sig.

Back on-topic.

#47 IcyFlames

IcyFlames

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

WOLPRO! Hey mate, long time no see. Haven't spoken to you in AGES (well since we last had an interesting conversation with Frzflame lol...). How's it going?

Dude are you MJGwasp? :O

#48 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

pretty sure hes only really used mole40k

#49 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

Good! How are you? How have you been?

#50 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Busy :s Graduation this year, so rushed off my feet job-hunting and house-hunting as well. How about you? I miss the old fs days :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users