56 replies to this topic

#26 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

There are more unfair map than may day...
but before QM Renovation, whynot a new XGS or Admin ss back ? how many players use the fog hack on QM :(

This discussion is about Qm renovation not Admin SS's , best to stay on topic,

South Pacific could also be mirrored , its harder for TR to get to the middle gems.

Edited by lsenheart, 05 May 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#27 Monkee

Monkee

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • XWIS Name: tank7

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

everyone should use 1.007 and all the maps with Pisci's changes...

that would have fixed a lot, and made the game wayyyy more fun

#28 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9128 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

This discussion is about Qm renovation not Admin SS's , best to stay on topic,

South Pacific could also be mirrored , its harder for TR to get to the middle gems.

Maybe cuz ur bo is not good ? South Pacific is a great map for QM ;)

lol joku :p

#29 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

dont insult others please, stay on topic, also try if possible to explain why a certain map/spot is good/isnt good. saying a map is good or not good is all fine, but its just an opinion, try to give arguments, post what comes into your mind, but a bit more then "lbl is good, sp is bad" etc..

canyon fodder is probably the worst map in the ra2 map-pool, you can build up from TL to mid so easy, from TR its hard but possible with wasting alot of cash, while for BM there is no possibility to build to middle (not building to mid is most likely an auto-lose since the ore-patches are too small to gain any usefull money, you also cant attack, just from one path, which is small and can be backd-up easy from the hill while holding mid), unbalanced map which aquires no skills at all, way worse then dc uprising and dc uprising should def be removed.

here a good example! :blushing:

Edited by Tomi, 05 May 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#30 papsarmy

papsarmy

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4625 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

1476x Hammer and Sickle
1101x Country Swing
1092x Heck Freezes Over
775x May Day
723x DEFCON 6
653x Heartland
631x Little Big Lake
590x Montana DMZ
587x South Pacific
586x Official Tournament Map B
584x Isle of War
583x Golden State Fwy
577x Urban Rush
560x randmap.sed
544x Arctic Circle
533x Snow Valley
518x Paris Revisited
517x Stormy Weather
516x Malibu Cliffs
496x Depth Charge
484x Cold War
482x Lake Blitzen
481x Official Tournament Map A
472x Pinch Point
469x The Alamo

Funny May Day is quite popular.... :cool:

#31 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

A big discussion here would be a good thing for us to refer too, therefore i will marschall it..... Any flaming will get a warning, any useless posts will get deleted.

Its not hard is it!

#32 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts
  • XWIS Name: c0oL4tom

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

so basically you want to keep dc in because it's poorly balanced?

Nah im just saying I like the map. I know its unfair and i geussed should be removed. Im just not for it as i enjoy playing the map good or bad spot :)

everyone should use 1.007 and all the maps with Pisci's changes...

that would have fixed a lot, and made the game wayyyy more fun

100% agree. So much more fun and so many more options of play. But S-T woudlnt aprove it 2-3 years ago ( i forgot why, something to do with EA? ) They wont approve it now :(

Edited by tom2cool, 05 May 2009 - 06:40 PM.

#33 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • 18426 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

But S-T woudlnt aprove it 2-3 years ago ( i forgot why, something to do with EA? ) They wont approve it now :(

Try and remember ................ you might come up with the full, correct reason. :ohmy:

#34 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

EA is the founder/owner of the game, while s-t/xwis is the current (past 4-5years) also most likely in the future supporter of the game, which means, any changes (like adding/fixing units, adding unofficial maps to qm, fixing bugs, ..) simply any changes that NEED a PATCH, firstly needs to be checked by EA and give s-t/xwis the permission.

but im not sure if removing several spots on a certain map is possible without a patch, also if certain maps could NOT be played after a certain rank/points reached, that means, when you're for example top 100 you wont get matched on ex. dc uprising.
and i think adding a filter to qm, which means people could choose beetwen ex. "200pts" "400pts" "unlimited" a patch would be needed.

well as said i dont think that that removing several maps after certain rank/pts reached a patch is needed, but im not sure. hope to get an answer from olaf.

Edited by Tomi, 05 May 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#35 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

but im not sure if removing several spots on a certain map is possible without a patch, also if certain maps could NOT be played after a certain rank/points reached, that means, when you're for example top 100 you wont get matched on ex. dc uprising.
and i think adding a filter to qm, which means people could choose beetwen ex. "200pts" "400pts" "unlimited" a patch would be needed.

well as said i dont think that that removing several maps after certain rank/pts reached a patch is needed, but im not sure. hope to get an answer from olaf.

A possibility to the changing maps is to make a copy of the map with the changes (removing spots, making them more fair) and adding it to the Ra2 QM Maps Patch

Adding point filters to QM and removing maps when you reach a certain rank / amount of points can be done serve-wise

Edited by AwaZ, 05 May 2009 - 08:13 PM.

#36 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

making a copy of a map doing changes and adding it to qm is like adding a new map to qm? or am i wrong? does that basically mean olaf is permitted to put any map to the qm or only the official once edited?

and what exactly do you mean with your last sentence by "can be done serve-wise"?

Edited by Tomi, 05 May 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#37 Todd

Todd

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

He means things like point filters can be controlled by XWIS as opposed to the game.

#38 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Try and remember ................ you might come up with the full, correct reason. :ohmy:

Or you could tell me much easier. OH FORGIVE M FOR NOT REMEMBERING 3 YEARS AGO! Patranizing mod

#39 Todd

Todd

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

I agree, what was the reason? No point starting pointless discussions if there are reasons why it wont happen.

#40 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • 18426 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Or you could tell me much easier. OH FORGIVE M FOR NOT REMEMBERING 3 YEARS AGO! Patranizing mod

Little children require "patranizing" :huh: ...............take that as you will :p

To ensure that everyone got 1.007 would require a patch, that cannot be done without EA approval.

Your post implies ST is "at fault" and then throws a snippet that EA is also there somewhere and then back to ST at fault.

There is nothing to forgive for simply not remembering :p but if you cannot remember then ask (or use the search function) ;)

I agree, what was the reason? No point starting pointless discussions if there are reasons why it wont happen.

Pot, kettle, black. :laugh:

#41 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

even tomi remembered.. and hes retarded :D

#42 imurfriend

imurfriend

Sergeant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

auto qm patch download think lots of newbs don't play qm coz the reso sux

#43 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4990 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

A possibility to the changing maps is to make a copy of the map with the changes (removing spots, making them more fair) and adding it to the Ra2 QM Maps Patch

we are working on this to correct the bugs of cold war/ SV

#44 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

Little children require "patranizing" :huh: ...............take that as you will :p

To ensure that everyone got 1.007 would require a patch, that cannot be done without EA approval.

Your post implies ST is "at fault" and then throws a snippet that EA is also there somewhere and then back to ST at fault.

There is nothing to forgive for simply not remembering :p but if you cannot remember then ask (or use the search function) ;)

ha not at all. You wouldnt approve it with something to do with EA like i said. EA being the soul reason, im sure people would kind of realise I knwo S-T are "emplyoed" by EA so follwo their guide lines. So i did remember correctly, just not in detail....

#45 Todd

Todd

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

I dont get it? What relatively lame point are you trying to make?

Maybe this topic is going the wrong way.

Rather than all the users creating a wish list of things they want, maybe it would be better for 'XWIS/ST' to say what is possible without a patch?

#46 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • 18426 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

I dont get it? What relatively lame point are you trying to make?

Maybe this topic is going the wrong way.

Rather than all the users creating a wish list of things they want, maybe it would be better for 'XWIS/ST' to say what is possible without a patch?

No point starting pointless discussions if there are reasons why it wont happen

But you point it out to me....take a look in the mirror (some demeaning remark that is not needed here.......?)

:offtopic: :bye:

#47 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

Well Todd has a good point, why can't you stop this debate and tell us what could happen? Couple of options maybe choose one?

#48 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • 18426 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

Well Todd has a good point, why can't you stop this debate and tell us what could happen? Couple of options maybe choose one?

The suggestions forum is closed :p Debate all you want. :D

From a very quick look through what has been suggested I believe it is highly unlikely that any will be implemented based on Olaf's previous replies (or no replies :mellow: )

Nothing will happen unless Olaf decides to do it and on several points he has made his position very clear over the years and with others has made it clear that the decision is not his but lies with EA.

#49 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

The suggestions forum is closed :p Debate all you want. :D

From a very quick look through what has been suggested I believe it is highly unlikely that any will be implemented based on Olaf's previous replies (or no replies :mellow: )

Nothing will happen unless Olaf decides to do it and on several points he has made his position very clear over the years and with others has made it clear that the decision is not his but lies with EA.

Out of intrest what has olaf offered? or not offered to do

#50 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Maps that should be added : HFO ( or better w/o lamez ) / A Path Beyond / Mount Olympus / and what about yr maps ? i never played them but some of them seems great. No lbl please or only if mirrored and meat grinder. Bottom can simply tech earlier wich makes top chanceless, and allies are just **** on it simply because the air is almost useless.

Maps to be removed : None. altough alot of maps have lame spots besides of the common used ones, maps like GSF(TL) MayDay(T) Malibu Cliffs ( diff scenarios but TL/MR/BR are overpowered when playing against any other spot. Cold War(BL) South Pacific(R ) Snow Valley(T) can be called unfair tho. But not every map has to be perfect. im pretty all equil maps will get boring tho.

For the point Filter is would say : 200 pts range ( if i was right ) is pretty good, but it should get wider when the waitingtime gets longer, something like 0-2 minutes 200pts, 2M+ 300pts or even better, 0-1M 150pts, 1-2M 200pts 2M+ 300pts.

At last id say CS shoudnt be mirrored. and Alaskan sucks. but it should stay since its a part of the game.

Edited by Mikoz, 07 May 2009 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users