Photo

New version of YR for XWIS?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

Poll: Which version of YR would you like to see on XWIS? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version of YR would you like to see on XWIS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts
  • XWIS Name: Krazy

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:37 PM

If you think that a different mod or a different version/tweaked version of Forsy's patch should be used then please say so in a post. No spam only intellegent responses please!!

P.S. Don or the next available mod please sticky this topic.

Edited by Krazy™, 26 August 2003 - 11:40 PM.

#2 SvtSuPReM

SvtSuPReM

wpoff are noobs =Ţ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • XWIS Name: BoSS

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:13 AM

has any1 ever complained about forsy's patch??

other than "unnecesary adjustment" which it is necessary otherwise it wouldnt have been added

#3 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:16 AM

What is this unecessary adjustment?

#4 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:21 AM

Forsy's, the best.

#5 aLd0

aLd0

A To ThE Z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts
  • XWIS Name: RosAZ

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:26 AM

I do not know what Forsey's patch has changed, so I vote to keep it as it is, as I am also happy with the game as it is.

#6 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:28 AM

Ok I should have done this before I made the topic but as soon as I get home from school I will be able to upload Forsy's patch and allow everyone to download and try it at their own pleasure.

Basically, he balanced Yuri but not only taking away some of his advantages but also bringing back old units that never get used. Mostly for the Soviets because as we all know in 1.001 it's either mass Rhino's or GG. Now we can use Tesla Tanks, Apocalypse Tanks, Demo Trucks, V3's(remember those?), Tesla Troopers, etc. All the changes in this patch are meant to bring back the usage of all the units and a balanced fashion.

Edited by Krazy™, 27 August 2003 - 12:30 AM.

#7 SEXXXY

SEXXXY

Changing Avatar from eGamesX.com -> PlugBar.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:32 AM

How about u make a FEW BIG changes and see how it goes for 2-4 weeks, if you see imbalance, fix it.

No need to stay with one patch, but using forsy's patch will be a great start

#8 SvtSuPReM

SvtSuPReM

wpoff are noobs =Ţ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:48 AM

Ok I should have done this before I made the topic but as soon as I get home from school I will be able to upload Forsy's patch and allow everyone to download and try it at their own pleasure.

Basically, he balanced Yuri but not only taking away some of his advantages but also bringing back old units that never get used. Mostly for the Soviets because as we all know in 1.001 it's either mass Rhino's or GG. Now we can use Tesla Tanks, Apocalypse Tanks, Demo Trucks, V3's(remember those?), Tesla Troopers, etc. All the changes in this patch are meant to bring back the usage of all the units and a balanced fashion.

Which version of YR would you like to see on XWIS?

all of these are already in YR, what old units are in it that arent in YR already??

#9 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:49 AM

I was referring to the units that almost NEVER appear in QM games. Units like Tesla Tanks, V3's, Seige Choppers, etc.

#10 JaggerJaw

JaggerJaw

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts
  • XWIS Name: Surf

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:50 AM

Yes but the units stated are actually useful and needed.

I pinned your welcome :p

#11 aLd0

aLd0

A To ThE Z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts
  • XWIS Name: RosAZ

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:59 AM

I was referring to the units that almost NEVER appear in QM games. Units like Tesla Tanks, V3's, Seige Choppers, etc.

On certain maps they are very useful :unsure:

#12 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:00 AM

Thank you for proving my point. In Forsy's patch they are usefull on EVERY map in one way or another.

#13 meselfs

meselfs

I Love Victorinox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts
  • XWIS Name: meselfs

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:06 AM

YR definately needs a patch.

Forsy did a good job, but he recently admitted to me that he made a few mistakes, so I learn from him. IMO we should ask Forsy to redo it, because he is a very good player and has some of the best senses concerning this sort of things.

#14 Guest_Piscinex_*

Guest_Piscinex_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:25 AM

yep forsy's patch is good, but too many changes (and as meselfs says, he admits this). he's a better player now than he was 18 months to a year ago and i'm sure if he re-did this patch (and ensures his changes were more conservative) it would be extremely beneficial. as it is, yr is such a mess that there would be very little to lose by having a patch made. even a bad patch would probably make things better :S

#15 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • XWIS Name: TSIBHOD

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, Forsy has repeatedly said that he would do things differently now, since he has even more experience than before. So if you want to use his patch, you should indeed ask him to revise it.

#16 Forsythe

Forsythe

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • XWIS Name: Forsythe

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:40 AM

I definitely would love to redo the changes. I think that the old patch had too many or irrelevant changes. I'd need to do research and get some consulting from some major yr players since I've been out of it for too long.

But I think what is more important is you email all the current xcl ladder players and ask them what they think of making a patch for yr. In ra2, the changes are too small and easy to balance. Yr is a lot more delicate and will change yuri and allies a lot.

#17 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:48 AM

For the sake of people who haven't seen/played with Forsy's patch...

Attached Files

#18 SvtSuPReM

SvtSuPReM

wpoff are noobs =Ţ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:09 AM

can you explain how to use the patch and how to get back to normal YR ??

#19 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:11 AM

I think that's explained in the readme, if you'll unzip the attachment.

#20 Raider

Raider

GLOBAL MODERAIDER

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6574 posts
  • XWIS Name: Raider

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:21 AM

Krazy I use all those units that you mention - except the tesla tank. I use V3 regularly and so plenty of other players, it comes into games like on heck all the time, when a player stretches and uses bunkers/turrets/prisms/tesla to shield the ore.

Also apocs rawk, yes they are slow but thats they way they meant to be, if an apoc had the speed of a lasher then a player could get an elite apoc in like 3 secs.

No way does YR need a patch. Whats the point of patchin' the game jus' to amend a few tiny faults in the game? Yes the allied navy is very strong - but so is the soviet, and the soviets are supposed to me the tanked-up-war-machine style option of play, whereas allies are about hitech units. And Yuri has boomers and masterminds... so what? Yuri is all about a new dimension, cunnin' and guile, the allies and soviets both have a more than adequate arsenal to deal with any Yuri attack - especially with supers in QM.

#21 SvtSuPReM

SvtSuPReM

wpoff are noobs =Ţ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:36 AM

maybe have it so mags cant mag ships, thats a bit unfair seeing how none of the other countries have land units so effective against ships

#22 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:59 AM

No way does YR need a patch. Whats the point of patchin' the game jus' to amend a few tiny faults in the game? Yes the allied navy is very strong - but so is the soviet, and the soviets are supposed to me the tanked-up-war-machine style option of play, whereas allies are about hitech units. And Yuri has boomers and masterminds... so what? Yuri is all about a new dimension, cunnin' and guile, the allies and soviets both have a more than adequate arsenal to deal with any Yuri attack - especially with supers in QM.

Have you even played the game recently? There is no possible way to beat Yuri without the Yuri player being a n00b. And even then they still have the advantage. Yuri's economy is ungodly, randomly disabling tanks with 2 clicks, the best AA in the game, they don't have a weaker tank than Allies thus making that an even playing field(which they should be weaker than Grizzlies), Masterminds.....don't even start with me there.

Now ket's talk about Sovs. How many people do you know that play ANY other Sov country than Iraq on a regular basis? That's right, zero.

Allies only play as two of their available countries. Better than the Sovs who use one, but it would be even better if they used all 5.

#23 TSIBHOD

TSIBHOD

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:06 AM

I use V3 regularly and so plenty of other players, it comes into games like on heck all the time, when a player stretches and uses bunkers/turrets/prisms/tesla to shield the ore.

Yeah, that works very well! ...if your opponent is nice enough to build no air defense/Rockies. :rolleyes:

The only changes to V3s are to make their rocket spend less time in the air and vulnerable to AA.

#24 Physical

Physical

rijst.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2252 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:14 AM

i use 1 or 2 apocs as fodder in big tankfights :rolleyes:

#25 Raider

Raider

GLOBAL MODERAIDER

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6574 posts
  • XWIS Name: Raider

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:17 AM

Have you even played the game recently? There is no possible way to beat Yuri without the Yuri player being a n00b. And even then they still have the advantage. Yuri's economy is ungodly, randomly disabling tanks with 2 clicks, the best AA in the game, they don't have a weaker tank than Allies thus making that an even playing field(which they should be weaker than Grizzlies), Masterminds.....don't even start with me there.

Now ket's talk about Sovs. How many people do you know that play ANY other Sov country than Iraq on a regular basis? That's right, zero.

Allies only play as two of their available countries.

Yes I played the game about an hour ago and rawked two (so-called) elite players with sen in 3 ffg's. Yuri on his own in 1 vs 1 with SW is beatable - if it is a very good Yuri player then its obviously gonna be hard, but its the same case if its a very good Sov or Allied. The worst thing about Yuri is the mag jugglin' - but it can be countered.

Thats sort of true. But I try and set an example at the borin' Iraqi players by bein' Cuba. (I've been cuba for sovs in QM for like 6 months now or more) Also bruté (BrutalGB) and raz (RaZoRCuTz) both use Cuba as first choice soviet side - and they ain't nuBs either.

Allies only play as two of their available countries.

Most play as USA yes, some Korea. I play as Korea mainly, 2nd choice Germany. Its harder but I like it. People choose USA because they get free infantry by paradrop - its no surprise that they are the most used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users