2 replies to this topic

#1 VU6A2

VU6A2

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

I just got infected with one of those Antivirus 2009 promo trojans that hijack the browser...again...and instead of reformatting I instead chose to be lazy and see if an AV can remove the infection. AVG has proven to be a piece of junk so has the trial version of Avast. But, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware seems to have worked. It found 34 items, removed them, and now says I'm all clean. I just want to know if any of you had any experience with this program and if it really is as good as the interwebz claims it is.

...just wanna hear some honest opinions.

Ow btw...RA3 sucks and the new expansion is also going to blow quite hard. I've completely lost faith in EALA and the current CnC design team.

#2 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

Google the virus name plus "manual removal", you should be able to find instructions for manually removing the malware is better than having 10 AV's installed.. Don't try it if yer not very good at following instructions or are new to computers as it may include registry editing.

#3 VU6A2

VU6A2

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

It more often than not includes registry editing, and since I can reformat the machine if I screw up I'm willing to experiment a bit.

Edit: I didn't have the time to recheck last night, but now AVG and Avast also come up clean.

Edited by VU6A2, 18 January 2009 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users