#1 u6795

u6795

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • XWIS Name: u6795

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

So this morning I tried to get on Renegade and I got this error telling me my Westwood Online was incompatible, and that I should reinstall the components. I've had Renegade for ages and have also had this error before, so I reinstalled Renegade from scratch. Same error.

I'm on Vista 32-bit, and yeah I'm using The First Decade.

Renegade has worked with this setup for more than a year now. Previously I had it on an XP desktop, and the original CD. Circumstances forced me to get Vista and TFD.

I did a quick search of these forums a minute ago but couldn't find anything on this, apologies if I missed anything.

Any help is appreciated. I tried to get on to RA2 online a few minutes ago and this is equally inaccessible with a similar error message.

Here's a screenshot for reference:

Posted Image

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?sh...OL_incompatible

#3 u6795

u6795

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

and yeah I'm using The First Decade.

There is no option on TFD's install to install only the shared internet components.

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

Have you asked EA already?

#5 u6795

u6795

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Have you asked EA already?

EA's customer support is a nightmare I'd rather not face again. I don't even think they'd know what it is, to be honest.

Basically, I'm just pretty sure this is a minor issue because I've beat it before. The problem is I'm retarded and I don't remember how, unfortunately.

#6 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • 10521 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

download the following file: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/...olregister.zip

put it in the internet folder of your TFD installation and run it there. If all goes well, you will
get two Windows message boxes telling you that "DLLRegistryServer succeeded" for a DLL file.
If you get one or more boxes informing you of a failure, you need to run as administrator.

#7 u6795

u6795

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

download the following file: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/...olregister.zip

put it in the internet folder of your TFD installation and run it there. If all goes well, you will
get two Windows message boxes telling you that "DLLRegistryServer succeeded" for a DLL file.
If you get one or more boxes informing you of a failure, you need to run as administrator.

Many thanks. You've made my day :D

#8 evildrv

evildrv

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

I have the same error but that link is out of date could anyone give me an updated one :>.

#9 Asbo

Asbo

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

I had this error with tfd when I tried to access ra2 or yuri's but not generals ect. In Vista run the game with admitrator privilages by right clickin on main .exe. But I continued to keep getting error so what I did boot cd click on uninstall then when instalation sheild comes up select repair now retry all should work fine ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users