62 replies to this topic

#26 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

i wud be glad to play if enemy had only something like foghack or maphack but if they just get back knowning they cant get banned they wud start using all possibly cheats like prez hack and it wouldnt be fun anymore =d

Then let them maphack/foghack cheaters come back, keep the president and recon cheaters banned maybe?

Perm Ban is harsh, you got cheaters that are hardcore prez hackers that ruin the fun , but then u got good players who are perm banned for mapping , giving them another chance and recucing the ban to 64 or maybe 128 days , and i know at least 5 good players that would come back and play qm 24/7

Edited by lsenheart, 14 July 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#27 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:00 AM

Then let them maphack/foghack cheaters come back, keep the president and recon cheaters banned maybe?

Perm Ban is harsh, you got cheaters that are hardcore prez hackers that ruin the fun , but then u got good players who are perm banned for mapping , giving them another chance and recucing the ban to 64 or maybe 128 days , and i know at least 5 good players that would come back and play qm 24/7

no one wants the opinion of a cheater:/
if anything it should be fair players deciding lol

#28 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

no one wants the opinion of a cheater:/
if anything it should be fair players deciding lol

Look like i give a dam what no one wants?

#29 Cryptvillz

Cryptvillz

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:50 AM

Look like i give a dam what no one wants?

To answer your question - Yes.
Just shut the **** up yo.. maphacking is worse then president cheating becasue president cheating you can see out front, maphacking people do and say they don't and its near impossible to catch them.. but once caught.. it's victory.

#30 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

To answer your question - Yes.
Just shut the **** up yo.. maphacking is worse then president cheating becasue president cheating you can see out front, maphacking people do and say they don't and its near impossible to catch them.. but once caught.. it's victory.

he's a mapper himself..

#31 xJoelx

xJoelx

*I RUN THE SHOW*

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

blabla

#32 A11uSuFeR-Dan

A11uSuFeR-Dan

Dan Dan the flying Man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts
  • XWIS Name: A11uSuFeR

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

Which reason do you want?

It took a lot of time and effort to catch and ban them?
The only reason you even have a competitive ladder to climb is EA found merit in Strike-Team's dedication to keeping Command and Conquer alive through fair play?
Not all fair players can defeat cheaters of otherwise equal skill like you?
Redirection gave the Red Alert series back to the true fans who actually deserve to play?
Cheaters broke the contract they agreed to when they installed the game, and Strike-Team is legally obligated to uphold it?
But for the actions of cheaters, the ladders would be active and not the other way around?
Had players like you taken a proactive stance against cheating, your peers may have stopped?
Your nonchalant attitude condones cheating and is a major part of the problem?
Permanent bans are not the problem; cheating is; therefore, you are treating a symptom not healing the ailment?
Cheaters are responsible for their own ban not the fact that there are rules?
Have the integrity to volunteer thousands of hours of your own time to create your own server with your own rules instead of expecting someone else's hard work go to waste to suit your needs?

In the correct perspective, do you realize how selfish your suggestion is considering what these volunteers have sacrificed for you to even have a free, competitive server about which to complain?
Simple. Forge competition out of the players we have. Your solution is lazy and irrelevant. It is never going to happen. You have two options. Start training, or quit.
One last chance to do what? Play fairly? Three chances have already established they will not. The threat of an impending permanent ban did not faze them once, twice, or thrice. Your logic and reason are lacking. A fourth ban with the same consequences would achieve what the third already has presenting the same problem. Their third chance was the last one.

Dude, have I hit a nerd nerve or something? Do you see me encouraging cheaters? No. Do you see me telling someone to make changes for MY own needs? No, im seeing what the PUBLIC thinks of this idea. I have NEVER encouraged cheaters, but my from my point of veiw having games to play is much better than having no-one to play.

Cheaters have and always will be around, your not curing any problem, it will always be there. They still have problems now with top QM'ers cheating. I love playing Ra2 but with the amount of people leaving/getting ban then there will be no-one to play.

If you don't play anymore then dont bother posting in this topic. If you do, then you'll know games are hard to find. Unless you've got something positive to say don't say it.

Im not talking prez hack, thats unbeatable, but maphack/foghack users can still be beatable. All im saying is, 2v2 cming is dead and even ffg's are hard to find now >_< people who still like to play the game you'll find that 90% of them would rarther have someone to play then no-one.

As for people like ben, or t00much etc don't play anymore so they really couldn't care less...

#33 wreak

wreak

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

unbanning cheaters is a stupid idea. It wont save the game at all, the game is dying because its really old and lost support from ea. When it got redirected it brought back a bit of life but slowly went back down.....

the only thing that will save this game is advertisement do you think ea will save it for us? lol do you think they care about xwis or ra2? sure they hosted a ra2 tourny to make more money off of ra3. your dreams of ra2 activity are a waste of time. its really time to move on for competitive play. The only life ra2/yr has is in ffgs and barely that. Business's are out to make money.

Edited by wreak, 14 July 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#34 xJoelx

xJoelx

*I RUN THE SHOW*

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Right is Right, Wrong is Wrong ,MOTHER****ER LISTEN TO THE SONG

#35 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

As for people like ben, or t00much etc don't play anymore so they really couldn't care less...

Doesn't make anything i say less valid. Anyway, you have no idea who still plays. I might.

#36 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7989 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

if anything, you should be gone with those guys, get out of this topic

:laugh:

#37 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

i don't give a **** if cheaters come back, as long as there is more bounty hunters to re catch them if they actually haven't learned haha

#38 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

That's not what he's suggesting, he's saying let them fog/map because he can beat them, what about the rest of the community? What about the players who don't post on Strike-Team?

God some of you kids are fuckwits.

#39 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

so nobody says the like the cheaters back.. thats not what the ppl want... ppl want more activety.. iknow what ppl thinking when they open a game 2 vs 2 cm and wait like 1-2 hours or nobody shows up then ppl start 2 thinking 2 move on... and ra2 will go down.. i think the most ppl play ra2 cause xwis got ladders and thats the competition anyways..
but the admins realy need 2 think about the permbann ithink its not realy good 4 the game...

#40 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18426 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

ok so what will ya dp ?? ya let it die?

What should I do then?

ppl need to get banned, but just no perm ban. thats the rediclous point of all.
64 days max every time is good.

if ur living on a island with 200 ppl, u wont give some1 the dead penalty because he stole something. its exactly the same, no need to kill community when u need all the man u can get.

anyways just observe all post latly, and u can see the ppl who actually play this game that they dont care about unbanning. most of the ppl who are so offended by this questions are the ones that dont play or play very less. ur the perfect exsample. u are all. riz, tomuch4u, desolane, stratgist etc. never even touch this game.

So ST should just keep issuing 64 day bans...................... :rolleyes: Show me evidence of any game that uses this system?

Observe the posts in this topic....you are wrong :blink:

How do you know that I do not play........oh! that is correct, you do not. Stop making things up ;)

I don't play anymore :unsure: :ohmy:

Edited by t00much4u, 14 July 2008 - 12:14 PM.

#41 XaudiTT

XaudiTT

-EF- Gloomy Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3645 posts
  • XWIS Name: XaudiTT

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

First off can I get my A11usufer nick unbanned please? It's my main nick and was used by someone and got banned. Id appreciate if I could have it back instead of waiting 13982 days.
Well, im sick of waiting 4 hours for 1 2v2 clan game...why don't they let all the cheaters back, I personally dont care if people cheat vs me, as long as I get to play games...which would you prefer? To actually get to play games, or to have no-one to play and a cheat free server?

Im pretty sure, most players out there fog now-a-days and I still play them/beat them and thats laughable. And all other cheaters I knew and played I still beat them as well as many others, mapping didnt help them there.

In conclusion, can you let the cheaters back, but ban them from personal ranking system aka Qm's. Then clan activity can get much better >_<

After having seen this kind of idiocies I don't find hard to understand why they banned your ST account : Too many BS.

#42 Sash

Sash

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

i observed very good tho:

a11suffer ( good clanner in past and now also )
arron ( one of the better clanners these days )
marko (maybe best qm'er en also good clanner )
chris ( top 10 easy qm in past and v good clanner )
joel ( top qm'er and good clanner )
nukelarx ( always got some good clans to play against )
and myself ofcourse, all woudnt mind to change the system.

well the ppl who are against it play very very less and even if they play not competetive for hofs.

but HF this are just facts, i didnt even place some ppl who didnt post here but im sure they would be ok with new system and they all top players.

but no, u keep listening to the players who play ones in 2 weeks or something. they sure will help you with a great ladder ! just GL

#43 Kiro

Kiro

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • XWIS Name: Kiro

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

That's funny, only ppl who plays once a month find this idea ridiculous. I've always been against perm ban and i always will be. No offence, but st administration (strategst, desolane, t00much & cie) & other player like ben, xauditt, dejavu, monster and other... doesnt player anymore then they dont really care about activity of ra2.

3 or 6 month would be good, or idk find something else than perm ban... Maybe perm ban was a good idea after the redirection when everyone or almost was cheating and server were full of game (clan, tourney, ffg & many players in qm), but now... go check ppl activity on xwis (at the moment 235 players on ra2, 98 on Yuri lolz).

As sash said xwis will die cuz of your hard head, that's the reality, and it's sad, cuz you refuse to evolve according to the situation. The ST administration makes nothing to help us.

#44 xMonster

xMonster

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • XWIS Name: k1lla2127

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

That's funny, only ppl who plays once a month find this idea ridiculous. I've always been against perm ban and i always will be. No offence, but st administration (strategst, desolane, t00much & cie) & other player like ben, xauditt, dejavu, monster and other... doesnt player anymore then they dont really care about activity of ra2.

3 or 6 month would be good, or idk find something else than perm ban... Maybe perm ban was a good idea after the redirection when everyone or almost was cheating and server were full of game (clan, tourney, ffg & many players in qm), but now... go check ppl activity on xwis (at the moment 235 players on ra2, 98 on Yuri lolz).

As sash said xwis will die cuz of your hard head, that's the reality, and it's sad, cuz you refuse to evolve according to the situation. The ST administration makes nothing to help us.

Even if I did still play as much as you people I wouldn't want cheaters to come back. If they did I would stop playing for good. You're right, I hardly play, last time I played was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago and those were ffgs. If Ra2 got active again I would probably come back to it and qm, I was a qmer when this game was active, I was a top player. I competed with all good players 2-3 years ago. I stoped because game died why? cheaters killed it or players just moved on because they had other things to do than play Ra2.Whats sad is you thinking this game would evolve any further, It won't and cheaters won't change the activity in this game. You will probably get a few cheaters back ,but it won't change the activity by a lot. What will end up happening is them getting banned again and you guys complaining again.

#45 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

maybe the admins can think for a new system 2 handle with the cheaters and maybe they let the s-t community vote .. would be a nice move!

edit: nothn against u monster but if u dont even play nomore qm cms just like 1 time in a month some ffg u shouldnd give ur statement in here.. cause u cant speak for the ra2 players... ore am i wrong?!

Edited by BeP0RnOnRa2, 14 July 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#46 Sash

Sash

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

So ST should just keep issuing 64 day bans...................... rolleyes.gif Show me evidence of any game that uses this system?

Is there any other game having rules as old as the bible? times changes. the rules were good back in the days to get rid of the mass cheaters. same as the bible, its been written 100000 yrs ago, nobody could ever predict some changes when time pass by. Does it mean the same rules will still b as good as they were? Oover the world wide wordl older rules are changing and is adepting to the new present time. In traffic, in court, school, health, everywhere. so isnt it time to change some rules? cuz its been years ago, they were good, but the rules are very bad for an almost death game. So give some players some acticty while this game last and not let it die faster then it shud normaly go.

#47 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

hilarious how people even stick up for banned players, imo they already had too much chances, like what, 3 or 4? ive played cnc for about 7 years and i havent cheated a single game not to talk about continious cheating, u must really be fustrated to cheat over a game to win something senseless, you dont even win money or anything, all you do is steal fun for others, tbh id rather play with computers then with cheaters, its sad to see many people voting for cheaters, which doesnt surprise me that many people left this game, get it in your head, for the people that havent already, RA2 DIED because its 1. old and 2. ****ING CHEATERS 3. bad community, ruining fun for others, take a perfect example: yr, why do everyone switch from yr to ra2? because yr is full of cheaters/lamers that talk non-stop ****, i find it sad that people play the game year after year still not realising its a game for fun

hope an admin can let this post go on so everyone sees it, thanks and peace

#48 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18426 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Is there any other game having rules as old as the bible? times changes. the rules were good back in the days to get rid of the mass cheaters. same as the bible, its been written 100000 yrs ago, nobody could ever predict some changes when time pass by. Does it mean the same rules will still b as good as they were? Oover the world wide wordl older rules are changing and is adepting to the new present time. In traffic, in court, school, health, everywhere. so isnt it time to change some rules? cuz its been years ago, they were good, but the rules are very bad for an almost death game. So give some players some acticty while this game last and not let it die faster then it shud normaly go.

You don't believe this game has been kept "alive" longer than should. If this game was still on WOL we would not even be having this discussion!!!

When it comes to cheats I believe that other game servers do the same as XWIS (do they give as many warning?)

Change for change sake is not a good idea. What are the reasons for change? What effect would the change have? Who would be effected and how? What timescales are involved? What are the costs? Or lets just change because a very small minority are being vocal :rolleyes: (and will constantly change its collective mind every few months, which has an unseen effect on others ;) )

A year or so ago there was appx 1400 on RA2, it has been posted that at the moment 235, you don't believe that the difference are banned cheaters do you? I believe the difference is natural decline and we cannot stop that, allowing the perm banned players back on would be a small temp blip on the downward trend, however IMO would drive more away in the longer term that they would supply in the short term.

#49 RoB

RoB

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoV1GoD

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

How can you suggest Unbanning cheaters, if you cheat you should expect to be banned, its not fair on the people who play fair, i mean you get 3 Chances. maybe it should be better advertised about the lengh of bans to let people no the concqeunces.

#50 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

What should I do then?
So ST should just keep issuing 64 day bans...................... :rolleyes: Show me evidence of any game that uses this system?

Observe the posts in this topic....you are wrong :blink:

How do you know that I do not play........oh! that is correct, you do not. Stop making things up ;)
I don't play anymore :unsure: :ohmy:

Make permenant banns for 1 year, give them a chance to change there ways if they dont simply ban them for another Year. The reason i say this because there are some good players that would come back and would not cheat, of corse other players still would cheat, but if they had any sence they woudnt want another 1 year ban would they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users