7 replies to this topic

#1 r33hash

r33hash

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

First off, there are 3 of us. We all have reletively new systems. Two laptops and a desktop. Two of us have First Decade, and one has the Red Alert 2 Collection. Two of us run Vista, and one runs XP.

Ok. My friends and I have slowly worked our ways through each problem we've encountered when it comes to getting online and launching custom matches. We know how to login correctly. We know to shut down all background tasks, such as anti virus, etc. We know to shut off our Firewalls. We've messed with the ports and fixed that problem.

We even get logged in without problem, get into a room together, set it up, and attempt to begin the match.

But when it goes to the screen immediately following the custom match screen, after we all click "ready", we have trouble making it any further. For some reason, it'll only show 1 or 2 or 3 of us connecting, and then it appears to freeze. then it backs out and knocks all of us out of the room.

What's really weird is, this doesn't happen EVERY time. Last night, we launched our first game and actually got in without a problem. But any attempt after that led to the same error.

Two of us use Vista, and one does not. We typically play in the same room using the same router and internet connection. We've done a number of things to attempt to fix this problem, and I'm at my wit's end.

Any advice or direction is appreciated. This site is undoubtedly the most informative and knowledgable with help and troubleshooting. Sorry if I didn't give enough information in this initial post.

#2 r33hash

r33hash

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

Any ideas?

We tried again last night. We finally got a game to set up after we had everything shut down, including our firewalls. But about 10 or 15 minutes into the game, an error box stating an internal error popped up and prompted us to exit.

#3 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18426 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

Any ideas?

We tried again last night. We finally got a game to set up after we had everything shut down, including our firewalls. But about 10 or 15 minutes into the game, an error box stating an internal error popped up and prompted us to exit.

Everything shut down would suggest a configuration problem with a firewall then.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43072

For the internal error

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?sh...#internal_error

#4 ggy0unewb

ggy0unewb

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Have you tried switching your firewall off, and changing the ports each games uses?

But i don't play ra2 so I cant really help you here, sorry.. but I play TS and tried to get this working and had same problems.

:)

gl, hope you get it working :)

#5 r33hash

r33hash

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

ya... i said already that i tried those things. we've already gone through those steps. But thanks.

I don't guess I'm going to get the problem solved.

#6 t00much4u

t00much4u

Cuidich 'N Righ

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18426 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

ya... i said already that i tried those things. we've already gone through those steps. But thanks.

I don't guess I'm going to get the problem solved.

would suggest a configuration problem with a firewall

#7 Strategst

Strategst

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5796 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

r33hash, I had the same problem connecting to my clan mate, Greg. We could connect to everyone separately, but games that started with both of us in the channel only connected on rare occassion. Another mate, Caleb, could not connect in multiplayer games period. t00much4u is correct. The problem is your router configuration. You all need to follow Mikey's port forwarding directions: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43072. You should be able to find detailed walkthroughs for each of your models on the website he mentions. I know it is time consuming, but this is the solution.

#8 r33hash

r33hash

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

Time is no issue. We absolutely love playing RA2, and we're doing anything we can to get the game working properly.

I'll follow the router guide one more time, doing it on each computer used. If it doesn't work, I'll come back and ask about it again. I hope it fixes though.

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users