110 replies to this topic

#1 RHiNoKiLL

RHiNoKiLL

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

What up guys how was your holidays. Im finally deciding to quit Ra2 for good. Maybe Ill hang around the forums maybe not. Main reasons are I had a good life great future in sports even possible professionals, and good scholarships for academics. Ra2 seems to be the main reason why all that has gone all wrong. I quit for about 1.5 years and now the past 2 months trying to get back to form. Most of my good mates are mad or frustated because im not as good anymore. I was gonna play massive Ra2 until I own again. But that would ruin my life again. I just noticed these few years are very important. Im 18 and about to finish highschool. Where I go from now may determin what I'll do for the rest of my life.

I know all you nerds are saying ''attention seeking'' ''no-one cares'' ''he'll be back in a week'', etc. But this is serious. And im also wondering does anyone feel that way like I do?
Like Ra2 has taken over our lifes? Skipped practice and school and made excuses to play Ra2? This is a video game, can't make a living out of it, why am i spending so much time on it?

Well that's all. Discuss

-Mike

#2 RoB

RoB

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoV1GoD

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

I use 2 be the same when i first brought Ra2/Yr i use 2 play it a lot, skip school stop going out with freinds as much just to play it i even made out to my school i was on Holiday for 2 weeks just to play it. But when u get older you realise theres much more better things 2 do with ur life espicailly when u hit 18, You have the best days of ur life going out etc. My passion now is going out with my freinds clubbing and playing football. :happy_xmas:

Edited by RoB, 28 December 2006 - 01:57 AM.

#3 pizniw

pizniw

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

Ra2>Life.

**** life play ra2!

#4 DuBz

DuBz

Still Ballin'

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2878 posts
  • XWIS Name: M.O.B.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:54 AM

Well i kinda had Ra2 take over my life like you. Everything in my life was going wrong and Ra2/YR was a place where i just didn't care about all bad things in my life. I had a major drug addiction which was also helping me cope with my problems, weed being my drug of choice was starting to do coke. (damn gateway drugs :tongue_xmas: )

But i spent so much time on my comp playing this game it was the only thing i cared about, i missed school for two weeks, wasn't talking to my friends. I needed to start going to school so i quit my job, quit playing YR, quit doing drugs and focused on school, i was failing all my 5/5 of my classes, i ended up passing 4 of them, if i didn't i wouldnt be graduating. So now im back playing, and doing drugs :rizla_xmas: but im doing good in school and that's what matters. I just need to get another job :ph34r_xmas:

Hope you do well!

#5 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:04 AM

I don't play ra2 very often anymore but when i was younger it definently gave me the i don't need to do school work mentality which has made me so lazy and probably the reason i didn't excel like i would have liked in this past year at school. This last year was my final year btw.

#6 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:09 AM

Haha, true, I hardly bothered studying for tests a few years ago because I'd rather be playing Ra2, now days I don't have to play it, but I am still too lazy to study enough :p

#7 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:17 AM

Haha, true, I hardly bothered studying for tests a few years ago because I'd rather be playing Ra2, now days I don't have to play it, but I am still too lazy to study enough :p

View Post

who studys? :dry_xmas:

#8 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:20 AM

Those who sleep in classes?

Edited by Shahzeb, 28 December 2006 - 03:21 AM.

#9 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9337 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:49 AM

i support your decision

#10 lKiLLal

lKiLLal

ErF!?!?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:11 AM

well said mikey :p... as a cousin i support u and so i will do the same thing...

Edited by KiLL4TaNK, 28 December 2006 - 04:19 AM.

#11 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:37 AM

One should know their limits... Of course I won't let a game take over my life, but that doesn't mean I can't play at all. I hear people saying that it is a waste of time and not worth it... Well tell me, if having fun while playing a nice game is a waste of time, then what do you consider not wasting your time? You only have one life on Earth so if you want to have some fun in it with playing a great game then go for it. Everything is a waste of time in the long run...

#12 killmchne

killmchne

That freak kid joey with his ACiD llol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2415 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:23 AM

One should know their limits... Of course I won't let a game take over my life, but that doesn't mean I can't play at all. I hear people saying that it is a waste of time and not worth it... Well tell me, if having fun while playing a nice game is a waste of time, then what do you consider not wasting your time? You only have one life on Earth so if you want to have some fun in it with playing a great game then go for it. Everything is a waste of time in the long run...

View Post

yup

#13 MaT

MaT

I map

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2567 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:32 AM

go rhino go, i am doing the same thing and agree 100% with ur statement :)

#14 suck0r

suck0r

Corporal

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

havent played for month till i started playing some qms last month. now im back again i guess. but i think im old enough to decide how much i can play without losing control of my life. i have a job, i have a girlfriend. when i want to got out with friends i do that, when i wanna play i play. so where is the problem? maybe some years ago it had been one cuz i havent known what i want to do afters school and didnĀ“t think about it. but nowadays im older and i guess i never will get problems cuz of playing again. i really enjoy playing again at the moment. perhaps i get bored in a few months again and then i quit again. but as long i have fun with yr i will keep playing.

#15 TyL

TyL

GoFrGo Members

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • XWIS Name: TyL

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:31 AM

I play counter strike now :)

#16 armin

armin

^ thats me owning marco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • XWIS Name: -

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

View Post

that goes for everything in life, so i agree with you.

#17 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts
  • XWIS Name: c0oL4tom

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

What up guys how was your holidays. Im finally deciding to quit Ra2 for good. Maybe Ill hang around the forums maybe not. Main reasons are I had a good life great future in sports even possible professionals, and good scholarships for academics. Ra2 seems to be the main reason why all that has gone all wrong. I quit for about 1.5 years and now the past 2 months trying to get back to form. Most of my good mates are mad or frustated because im not as good anymore. I was gonna play massive Ra2 until I own again. But that would ruin my life again. I just noticed these few years are very important. Im 18 and about to finish highschool. Where I go from now may determin what I'll do for the rest of my life.

I know all you nerds are saying ''attention seeking'' ''no-one cares'' ''he'll be back in a week'', etc. But this is serious. And im also wondering does anyone feel that way like I do?
Like Ra2 has taken over our lifes? Skipped practice and school and made excuses to play Ra2? This is a video game, can't make a living out of it, why am i spending so much time on it?

Well that's all. Discuss

-Mike

View Post

Ive never let ra2 "ruin" my life or social life... never missed practice or w.e... i play after school when nothing better to do..

And tbh.. if u skip school to play ra2... then ur the "nerd"

#18 eZiz

eZiz

[Da-d-y] Leader.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts
  • XWIS Name: FFS

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:17 PM

ra2 suck

#19 JoZhA

JoZhA

The Best Slovenian Player Ever

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:18 PM

well ye i didnt learn much but i made all the test i have to do. but probably if i wouldnt play ra2 that much i would have a grades a bit better. Well atleast i didnt skip school cuz of ra2 :p :rizla_xmas:

#20 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

Ive never let ra2 "ruin" my life or social life... never missed practice or w.e... i play after school when nothing better to do..

And tbh.. if u skip school to play ra2... then ur the "nerd"

View Post

Illl take part of this back.

Yeah i admit some times u get sucked in to ra2... i have myself.. but never gone as far to skip skool... my worst with that sorta thign is gettin up @ 7 am tio play ra2 b4 school x)

#21 Selectttt

Selectttt

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

Worst I did was not do any homework/sport after school..so just came home and played Ra2 for 3 hours everyday

#22 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

Worst I did was not do any homework/sport after school..so just came home and played Ra2 for 3 hours everyday

View Post

I still do that... well when i get home.. msn, music.. download.. internet.. once ive done that ill play ra2 untill i get annoyed or bored. :)

But i play sports after skool 3 times a week.. but only for 1-2 hours.. :]

#23 Seany

Seany

Seany Bizzle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9967 posts
  • XWIS Name: iBorat

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:42 PM

iv never skipped school/college/work/trainings for ra2. only thing i used to do was not do my study for exams cause people would ask for games, i have a low threshhold for doing things like study/homework by myself, not motivated in that section!

anyway mike, il miss you babe :( hope you change your mind!

#24 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

i waste my spare time with it, and i have a lot of spare time atm

mike, respect

#25 Falkoneye

Falkoneye

-Sony- 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4684 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:27 PM

View Post

exactly the truth. yes ra2 makes u rather play then learn or ****, but if u quit ra2 u just gonne find something else :rizla_xmas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users