Mikey

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4751 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:30 AM

1) make sure if yer got equal tasnk get some fodder
2) make sure ya tanks are facing the correct way to yer opionents
3) always get fodder in frout of yer tanks so as ur opionents tanks shot the dogs or deso or w/e u have, if ya can get ya fodder round the back of there tanks (makes there tank turrents turn)
4) for **** sake dont move in a line, keep ya tanks in tight groups
5) in larage tank battles 10 or more use the ctrl shift move on ya tanks. (this is where ya select ya tanks hold shift and ctrl on ya keyboard and click behind ya opionents tanks but agian in a group of tanks, not a line and all the turrents of ur cannons facing foward)
6) best way to steal ye opionents dogs is when the dogs are in frount and quitte close to each other press "s" for stop and "g" for guard this makes ur dogs stop guard and ur most likely to take his/hers dogs first. if ur emeny isnt watchin the trick that help said also works, but make sure the dogs that are still are on "G" mode (guard)
7) ok i will touch on what m1k said, do as he said but then immediatly turn ya tanks foward (facing his)and use the ctrl shift move, ill try to get an ss some time.
if u are behind a building and ur opionent is the other side what ever u do ffs dont go for him it spilts ye tanks up and then ya ****ed, addiontaly say on heartland dont go through trees to attack, this also means ur ****ed and if i see any one do it that has read this, they gain the retard banner.
9) use higher grounds
10) for allied players. Sov tanks are big **** slow things, and allied tanks are nippy plastic things, so in order to control yer tanks against sov tanks ya gotta use ya speed, in other words move round his tanks, to make his turrents move.
11) when allied what ever ya do dont run away unless its absolutly nessecary, this is becuase u run so ur gun turrents have to move so ur not gettin in any shots and sov tanks get alot of shots in which is bad! Sov tanks have a longer range.
12) waypoint is also a very good idea, this makess the tanks shoot at the enemy tanks rather than the fodder. To do this ya have to select your tanks hold down "z" then click on a lot of ur emenys tanks, then rellease "z".
13) attack from behind, and also dont get attacked from behind
14) if u have the advantage of yer base build pills
15) u need to practice this but if u are a few tanks down and its at the end of a battle like u got 3 tanks he got 4, u can still win it by placing ya fodder directly in frount on yer tanks , this means that they cant shot ya tanks cos ya connie or dog is in the way, gving u a big advantage in things like this, u can also do this will pills/sentrys. u will have to perfect it to get it in the right place.

Edited by JoiNTDeSo, 21 April 2004 - 01:41 AM.

#2 KiLLeTiFF

KiLLeTiFF

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

You should get fodder anyways.

3) always get fodder in frout of yer tanks so as ur opionents tanks shot the dogs or deso or w/e u have, if ya can get ya fodder round the back of there tanks (makes there tank turrents turn)

When fodder is exactly in front of the defending tank the attacking shots will hit the fodder and not thae tank, so its usually better to keep ur cons in front, but dogs can be an exception for going around bak (I only do that when i hve Dogs + Desos/Cons

5) in larage tank battles 10 or more use the ctrl shift move on ya tanks. (this is where ya select ya tanks hold shift and ctrl on ya keyboard and click behind ya opionents tanks but agian in a group of tanks, not a line and all the turrents of ur cannons facing foward)

Nope

6) best way to steal ye opionents dogs is when the dogs are in frount and quitte close to each other press "s" for stop and "g" for guard this makes ur dogs stop guard and ur most likely to take his/hers dogs first. if ur emeny isnt watchin the trick that help said also works, but make sure the dogs that are still are on "G" mode (guard)

Actually thats quiet bad, dogs will pause for a second when u tell em to stop and then when u press guard they will go bak to the position they were at when u pressed " G " causing another little bit of time waste.

10) for allied players. Sov tanks are big **** slow things, and allied tanks are nippy plastic things, so in order to control yer tanks against sov tanks ya gotta use ya speed, in other words move round his tanks, to make his turrents move.

I wouldnt recommend this.

It doesnt take long to turn ur tanks around (and opponenet shoulda seen ur tanks approaching him long before they reach him, if he doesnt, he deserves to lose.

I agree with most of the other points, i dont know about waypoints, i never really used em in tank battles, found my click speed faster ;) Way poiunts always have a delay after 1 tank dies, they way you click is you tell rhinos to shoot at other tanks just BEFORE they shoot there last shots at the red health tank that way they can move directly to other tank asap. Waypoints good for killing trees tho.

#3 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

surrounding can be good grizz vs rhinos (you basically increase the time the turrets spend turing) but it can back fire.

#4 Mikey

Mikey

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4751 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:47 PM

well im not the best, as many of yer will probably say in here, just to pick yer holes, but i got most of it right :)
btw tiff the thing with the dogs using guard mode has always worked for me, u jsut gotta get the right timing, so that wasted time u were talking about doesnt matter.
u commented on number 3, there is somthing about that at the bottom ;)
when using say 5 v 5 tank battles u will always win if u clikc on yer opionetns tanks but over that its best to line yer tanks up (in the right dirction, to yer opionetns) and then use ctrl shift, i found its best.

#5 lmworried

lmworried

Korean Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:31 PM

i dont think therre is any tips of tank control ! therss like 2

1.move in groups not lines
2.build dogs/cons/desos

thats it

#6 Mikey

Mikey

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4751 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:27 PM

k, u go on thinking like that ;)

#7 Jeff>

Jeff>

I dont know if im gods child or satans angel.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6360 posts
  • XWIS Name: cantchat

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

i dont think therre is any tips of tank control ! therss like 2

2.build dogs/cons/desos

how is dogs cons desos a tip for TANK control

#8 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

Play alot

#9 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

how is dogs cons desos a tip for TANK control

Maybe not so much tank control, as overall unit control / tips. Tank Control itself is used rather loosely by the community, and it's common to see fodder as part of Tank Control.

#10 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:13 PM

2) make sure ya tanks are facing the correct way to yer opionents
4) for **** sake dont move in a line, keep ya tanks in tight groups
7) ok i will touch on what m1k said, do as he said but then immediatly turn ya tanks foward (facing his)and use the ctrl shift move, ill try to get an ss some time.
if u are behind a building and ur opionent is the other side what ever u do ffs dont go for him it spilts ye tanks up and then ya ****ed, addiontaly say on heartland dont go through trees to attack, this also means ur ****ed and if i see any one do it that has read this, they gain the retard banner.
9) use higher grounds
11) when allied what ever ya do dont run away unless its absolutly nessecary, this is becuase u run so ur gun turrents have to move so ur not gettin in any shots and sov tanks get alot of shots in which is bad! Sov tanks have a longer range.
12) waypoint is also a very good idea, this makess the tanks shoot at the enemy tanks rather than the fodder. To do this ya have to select your tanks hold down "z" then click on a lot of ur emenys tanks, then rellease "z".
14) if u have the advantage of yer base build pills
15) u need to practice this but if u are a few tanks down and its at the end of a battle like u got 3 tanks he got 4, u can still win it by placing ya fodder directly in frount on yer tanks , this means that they cant shot ya tanks cos ya connie or dog is in the way, gving u a big advantage in things like this, u can also do this will pills/sentrys. u will have to perfect it to get it in the right place.

Few problems with this post tank control is not all about a set plan if that you become predictable and youe opponents will out smart you if there experinced.

When you got more tanks make fodder well if you got more tanks you may be having eco problems so 1-2 dogs is all that may be nesscary id say you need fodder more when your out tanked.

Placing senturys it depends again on your eco place 1 in a position difficult to attack then have another ready to place when they come at you if you have good eco and defending in smaller numbers vs similar numbers wait till they get close.

You should always try to approach your oppoent from an angle where he cannot fire on you to much so ussually try to make it so if there tanks are a square you attacking a corner not a side.

Less movement more shots is a rule but it does'nt always apply sometimes you need to get into the right position to fire more and you may need to keep moving for this otherwise above rule stands.

Few others but very difficult to explain but that should cover the basics pretty well and excellent post Mike but i wanted to add some.

#11 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:20 PM

With good tank control, the very vague and general rule is:
Maximize your tank shots, while minimizing his.
Now there are a number of ways you can do this. The best way is:

Keeping your tanks in good formation. Your tanks formation is very important in good tank control. Keeping as many of your tanks shooting as possible is the way to go. For example:

vs

In the above scenario, each " * " equals a tank. Now, the top will win vs the bottom because the top is getting off more shots, or firing more times, than the bottom is (hence good formation). So for every 15 shots the top gets, the bottom only gets 5 or so. If each tank receieves the absolute minimum ammount of shots to die, then that means the TOP LOSES about 2 tanks, while the BOTTOM LOSES about 5 tanks.
If this trend continues, it's obvious that the top wins by a substantial ammount.

So Rule # 1 is, get your tanks into a nice formation to allow more shots to be fired than the enemy.

#2) Minimize the ammount of shots they can fire at you. This can be done in a few ways, but the first way is actually a PART OF step 1. That is, attack them at a weak point that would make as little of their tanks shoot at you, and as many of your tanks shoot at them. This can be seen in the above diagram.
The second way of minimizing their shots is by creating "Fodder"
Fodder are cheap units that can take a lot of hits FOR your tanks, rather than your tanks taking the hits. The most common fodder used are:
Conscripts
Desolators
Dogs
GIs

Fodder is very simple to use as well. Just keep the fodder in between your tanks and enemy tanks, and instead of firing at your tanks, they'll hit the fodder. Of course your enemy can manually select each tank, or use way points to try and negate the fodder. But if your tanks are moving, then the enemy tanks will spend the entire time trying to move with them to hit the ONE tank that they were assigned, giving your tanks even more "free shots"

##

vs

In that "diagram", the Tanks are again your " * ", and this time the " # " is fodder. The front lines of the Bottom tanks are firing at the Top tanks fodder, thereby giving the Top Free Shots against the Bottom tanks. And even though the Bottom is in perfect formation, they're still not getting as many shots off as Top

So Rule #2 is, use Fodder to your advantage to allow yourself even MORE shots fired / landed, and make the enemy have LESS shots landed.

The very best combination, however, is to use both Steps 1 and 2. This diagram will show that in effect:

##  ##

vs

Here, fodder AND good formation is being used by Top, and the Top will uterly DESIMATE the Bottom

So to recap:
1) keep your tanks in good formation
2) Use fodder to your advantage
And the overall point

Get more shots off, and more shots landed, than your opponent.

That's the basics of Tank Control. GL and HF :)

From -
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25202

#12 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:27 PM

if the blue was to move the 1's at the back diagonally foward and the 1's at the front backwards in the first frame and then create a semi circle which i won't give away then this would be wrong it's a good explanation but experinced players will find ways round this if they see the problem quicky enough.

i do it often i think you'd agree tony my TC isnt the worst in the world.

#13 BOUNCER

BOUNCER

Security Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4255 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:39 PM

my tc has got better i find if your oppenent out tanks you , when he moves cut off a few of his tanks and kill them bit by bit,

#14 Dr. PHiL

Dr. PHiL

Member no.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • XWIS Name: BGrail

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

Maybe JaKie aka JoKu"JaK" should reply to this topic.
I will never forget jokus tc...joku might have one of the best tank control ever...
Its actually his tc that makes him win most of his games...his tc is overpowered :p

#15 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

if the blue was to move the 1's at the back diagonally foward and the 1's at the front backwards in the first frame and then create a semi circle which i won't give away then this would be wrong it's a good explanation but experinced players will find ways round this if they see the problem quicky enough.

i do it often i think you'd agree tony my TC isnt the worst in the world.

lol, of course there's always a way to beat someone elses tank control. Those diagrams were to show what would happen if each group just went straight at eachother without any extra movements involved. The more experianced player will always beat the less experianced :)

EDIT: and yep, your TC owns mine (mine's usually what kills me, lol :p)

Edited by Chrono69x, 21 April 2004 - 10:59 PM.

#16 KiLLeTiFF

KiLLeTiFF

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

Maybe JaKie aka JoKu"JaK" should reply to this topic.

He did.

Play alot

#17 Dr. PHiL

Dr. PHiL

Member no.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • XWIS Name: BGrail

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

^^agreed

Didnt notice that his reply :rolleyes: :unsure:

#18 KiLLeTiFF

KiLLeTiFF

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:49 AM

Where you from master, and whats ur other nicks?

#19 Mikey

Mikey

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4751 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

excellent post Mike but i wanted to add some.

yeah i dont mind, i mean ya better than me so ya should correct my mistakes :p
thx

Edited by JoiNTDeSo, 23 April 2004 - 02:12 AM.

#20 chambers

chambers

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:37 PM

u still missing the best tank control factor, especially for large battles, didnt i tell this to everyone here yet?

and if you can dont get dogs, get dessos
if he has 15 dogs, get 3 dessos and just deploy one and walk out of the battle and youll get his tanks and all his precious fodder.
the best fodder are dessos, if you go into a battle with your 30 tanks to his 35 tanks and you have say, 6 or 8 dessos at your disposal and he has just connies and dogs, use your dessos in front of tanks and theyll own the normal fodder and youll win. dessos are the most unused unit by noobies and medium rated players and they are ownage as fodder and as offensive weapons.

#21 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

HiJacked by Indy =] Again

• Members
  • 10847 posts
  • XWIS Name: Blee

Posted 31 October 2004 - 07:55 PM

u still missing the best tank control factor, especially for large battles, didnt i tell this to everyone here yet?

Is that the alt + click on tank thingy?

#22 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:40 AM

and if you can dont get dogs, get dessos
if he has 15 dogs, get 3 dessos and just deploy one and walk out of the battle and youll get his tanks and all his precious fodder.
the best fodder are dessos, if you go into a battle with your 30 tanks to his 35 tanks and you have say, 6 or 8 dessos at your disposal and he has just connies and dogs, use your dessos in front of tanks and theyll own the normal fodder and youll win. dessos are the most unused unit by noobies and medium rated players and they are ownage as fodder and as offensive weapons.

correct but usually only 1 or 2 deso is sufficent.

#23 AntiSocialMunky

AntiSocialMunky

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:27 AM

I like 3. 3 is usually a good number for special units.

#24 Physical

Physical

rijst.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2252 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:42 AM

correct but usually only 1 or 2 deso is sufficent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

chambers, 1000+ 3*

aly, random nuB

who would i believe...

have u even read what he said?

Edited by Physical, 01 November 2004 - 06:45 AM.

#25 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:49 AM

1 deso is all u need to knock out a lot of fodder. I dont like making hoards of fodder. Id rather have a real tc battle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users