13 replies to this topic

#1 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

this kid flooded me on a couple diff nicks... please give warning\temporary ban... tired of people flooding me all the time
inLnLLiiL and xwismoked... same person and he kept spamming me fer a few mins... rather annoying..

Attached Thumbnails

• 44253100.jpg
  • 44257249.jpg
  • 44259714.jpg

#2 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

Technically he's not flooding you, that's the lobby.

#3 Monkee

Monkee

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • XWIS Name: tank7

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:50 AM

he's doing that to everyone in the lobby at once

#4 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:56 AM

If you're myheart4u i completely understand why he's flooding you :)

#5 Beyrone

Beyrone

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • XWIS Name: Beyrone

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

Technically he's not flooding you, that's the lobby.

Those are private messages.

#6 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

he was spamming me while i was in a game also... and i put him on ignore, then he got on other nick... but i didnt take ss of tht so my fault.

#7 Admin

Admin

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

he was spamming me while i was in a game also... and i put him on ignore, then he got on other nick... but i didnt take ss of tht so my fault.

He has been permanently banned for using third-party tools on XWIS.

#8 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

:o harsh!

#9 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

He has been permanently banned for using third-party tools on XWIS.

How did you work that out?

#10 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

oh shweet. wht a newbcake <3 thx

#11 train

train

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

There is the topic in connection with this ban if you want more information about it :

Banned SID 19370 by me.

I don't think it is much but it might give you a better understanding of what and why some of you have experienced this. :mellow:

oh shweet. wht a newbcake <3 thx

@pwnt, I share your thoughts. The person apparently had nothing else to do. I don't know a lot about this except from what is said about my topic.

By the way, the post was edited as resolved until I replied about it. What has been resolved with that topic? Probably not the ban because it's still in place. Either there is a copy with the resolved status at the time it is written, or the post has been unlocked, the post by neogrant has been removed. I've seen this because I refreshed one of my browser tabs recently. If someone cares about it, I have a screenshot but I don't think this would matter anyway.

Have a good day.

#12 train

train

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

3rd Party tools? You don't have to use 3rd party tools to spam you know? All you have to do is select everyone in the lobby and type fast enough to do what there is in the screenshot. The offenders can be fast typers. Nowadays, there are programs to train your typing speed and as instant messaging is widespread as well as social networks, without talking about the forums, then it might make sense. He doesn't have to use some sort of macro programs or scripts there. So how do you know if that was 3rd party tools? I'm trying to get more information about that ban and from the spammer(s) who have played with my serial.

From what I see from the screenshots, there is no proper typing here, just keyboard smashing. You don't need any 3rd party tools to do that and this is most likely not a case of 3rd party tools there. Check that again. I know you have logs and all messages go through a bot to get them. That might have changed but I don't think so because this method seems to be viable. For me, that's not a good reason because from what I see, there is no use of 3rd party tools. The noob(s) have only used his/her hands here and typed enter repeatedly after typing random keys on the keyboard and don't tell me that's not doable, that is! So, I don't accept that reason at all!

Edited by ChiefPower, 10 July 2010 - 11:55 AM.

#13 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVi3tWaR

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

3rd Party tools? You don't have to use 3rd party tools to spam you know? All you have to do is select everyone in the lobby and type fast enough to do what there is in the screenshot. The offenders can be fast typers. Nowadays, there are programs to train your typing speed and as instant messaging is widespread as well as social networks, without talking about the forums, then it might make sense. He doesn't have to use some sort of macro programs or scripts there. So how do you know if that was 3rd party tools? I'm trying to get more information about that ban and from the spammer(s) who have played with my serial.

From what I see from the screenshots, there is no proper typing here, just keyboard smashing. You don't need any 3rd party tools to do that and this is most likely not a case of 3rd party tools there. Check that again. I know you have logs and all messages go through a bot to get them. That might have changed but I don't think so because this method seems to be viable. For me, that's not a good reason because from what I see, there is no use of 3rd party tools. The noob(s) have only used his/her hands here and typed enter repeatedly after typing random keys on the keyboard and don't tell me that's not doable, that is! So, I don't accept that reason at all!

just stop and ignore them /ignore name

#14 train

train

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

just stop and ignore them /ignore name

If this message is for me, I know how to do that for ages. That has been done by kids who have done that with my serial. I have not shared it out of the house. They could just do that but all I got is a permanent a ban for using 3rd party tools when I see there has been no use of 3rd party tools. Seems to me that the Admin has got an habit of thinking it's often if not always with 3rd party tools that spam can be done. Well, it's not always the case! I will not repeat again what I've said clearly enough, as it doesn't seem to be noticed and I think the admin assumes it's definitely over. The person can also temporarily disable pages for everyone. I don't know pwnt, I didn't know that many people had flooded him, but I know this ban doesn't have the right reason because it's obvious that no 3rd party tools have been used!

Ok!

Last call! If you don't deal with this, then I delete this account and don't use your servers again. When I see new topics created and answered fairly fast enough and when mine has been ignored for a while already, then it's the last call. If you intend to answer back with a banhammer on this account, then just delete it instead of blocking me and keeping sensitive data. Use your deletehammer this time? Limit date is set at August 1st, 2010. According to me, enough time has been wasted just to see no replies. I've answered professionally and in a clean manner. Do it back? My English has improved tremendously so don't find stupid excuses this time. This is my last quality post here if nothing is done. And please, don't reply to me just by saying : Do you really think it will make things better? <- No, I've been patient and I am profoundly convinced that it is bypassed. 3 months! Many topics have had the chance to pass beside mine. Not because I am not a "God" or "Demigod" or whatever you call it or "Admin" that I will not allow myself to post this kind of message! I am someone who likes to do many things by himself and do it well so don't be surprised to see that kind of post here! You have not yet known me! Don't say the opposite I know it's not true!

<outoftopic>Hey by the way, @ the guy who said go home years ago as a reply to what I said to a guy called(Do a search, I will not bother to do it!) Just go back in your ugly basement? ChiefPower : "I am not a moron as you are" Does that ring a bell?</outoftopic>

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users