#1 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:01 AM

Ok so at nights in GMT we have about 80-100 players now ussually which is great! big progress well done everyone who helped out or just comes along to play.

But there are still 20-30 players on in mornings and i think anyone from a different time zone is discoruaged by this and they think no one is on the server atall when that is not true there are ALWAYS a few on enough for the odd game anyway.

If we could find out of players who would like to help and the XWIS Buddies and other XWIS enthuasist to see what kind of time zones we have i play most of day if im avaliable unfortunately i was busy for most of invasion but i hear it was success. (Y)

If we could have some people from each time zone online (When there is a big difference in the time zone i mean IE: USA, AUS, Euro) some of the people on WOL brining new players and some of the player on XWIS with a game open ready to play so it not only looks feel busyier it may keep more players.

XWIS Buddies with location and time zone on the ST site would be good also.

Another little suggestion

With the MF on WOL you could hear when someone joined your game even if you were on your desktop so while you were waiting you could just go look on a web page so you don't get bored ( if ) it takes a long time.

Ill be willing to organise the first suggestion if no one else wants the job.

As for the second suggestion i hope you give it some thought olaf i think both of these are good ideas until im given a reason to believe they are not.

( I am from the UK so that is GMT current time 10:00 AM )

Edited by John_XCL, 21 March 2004 - 10:02 AM.

#2 Jeff>

Jeff>

I dont know if im gods child or satans angel.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6360 posts
  • XWIS Name: cantchat

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

im from netherlands and i never see 80-100 players on :ph34r:

#3 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:09 AM

What time do you come online because i have seen between that number all week.

And i will add you to my list i am creating get a better idea maybe we are similar time zones we should play some games. :)

Edited by John_XCL, 21 March 2004 - 10:14 AM.

#4 !AaA ( COOL BOY ) AaA !

!AaA ( COOL BOY ) AaA !

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:57 AM

:huh: in new server i just see 20 ( max. )

Why ! no one enter !!!

#5 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:31 AM

i would be quite happy to add an extra field to the info that is required to become a buddie, would any of the current buddies have any objections to giving out their timezone for the buddies page on the homepage?

so the 1st thing i gotta do is get a list of the timezones our current buddies are in ( i know some) then start looking for volenteers specific to the time zones we lack in. i am thinking asian and australasian zones are where we lack badly as i think most buddies are in the european and north american time zones

some of the people on WOL brining new players and some of the player on XWIS with a game open ready to play so it not only looks feel busyier it may keep more players.

this is pretty much our ideal behind buddies and wol helpers,spambots and the 74 player xwis room on wol with the helpbot. but live players on wol either in the chat room or in ppl's games have a better success rate i beleive. The WOL helpers at the moment doesnt seem to be an official team any more, this was canes baby but it hasnt been touched for a while. Cane if u want me to take it over, say the word. I attempted to update the list but it would just be much easier to restart that list of players. if u wanna start it back up again, let me know please and i can send u the tools u need to run your own xwis help channel on WOL and talk u through using it (this isnt an open offer for anyone, no offence intended i just dont wanna hand out the tools to anyone i dont kow well enough to know that they wont use them against XWIS, If anyone else really wants them theres plenty places u can get them from) If yer not interested in it anymore Cane then then fair enough its no hassle for me to take it over.

i cant comment (much) on the feasability of the 2nd suggestion, all i can say is that matching filter caused so many tech problems and had to be supported for all windows os's that its doubtfull olaf will consider writing anoter version for XWIS. Aeg1sank has written one i am not sure what olafs opinion is of it and what else it does apart from page u the map/opponent details at the quickmatch screen, it gives u a beep on matching aparently but dnno if it does when u make a custom game. I havent tested it out coz if i did i would end up canceling the maps i dont like (gayday) and tbh we dont need cancelers.

p.s. welcome to the new server coolboy, feel free to make any suggestions that u think will help us keep players on the server. as a new guy to XWIS your opinions are also valued. we wanna know what u think would keep players on the server and not just head back to WOL

1 more thought, what about spam bots in diferent languages? ie - french,spanish, chinese,dutch,german messages? do u think these would help get more players as currently we only do english messges.

#6 Wesje

Wesje

Colonel

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8570 posts
  • XWIS Name: Wesje

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:43 AM

1 more thought, what about spam bots in diferent languages? ie - french,spanish, chinese,dutch,german messages? do u think these would help get more players as currently we only do english messges.

I think its a very good thing to do some in other languages, it are mostly european who dont get the english messages. I've talked to a lot of germans from WOL already but all dont speak english at all. They only talked to me in german.

V v good suggestion Riz :thumbsup:

#7 Todd-AT

Todd-AT

Corporal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • XWIS Name: NA

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:25 PM

With the MF on WOL you could hear when someone joined your game even if you were on your desktop so while you were waiting you could just go look on a web page so you don't get bored ( if ) it takes a long time.

Thats why i made XMIT, works for QM, never made it do anything for CM, mainly because everyone cry so much i didnt see a point, no one uses XWIS in the first place.

Cant you all just admit XWIS is doomed? Your even basically giving people prizes for no reason in hope they will stay on XWIS, they are just using you, notice how on weekend, alot of players for prizes, prizes get given out, and no one stays.

#8 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:36 PM

Were you dropped on the head as a child or abused in some way im just generally asking you don't have to tell everyone but i suggest you don't lash out on others because of it ok dude?

#9 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:39 PM

can we keep on topic please, aeg1s, if ye got nothing usefull to contribute, dont bother slagging off xwis.

usefull and pruductive suggestions only please.

#10 Guest_MarsH_*

Guest_MarsH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:51 PM

wes already took my time right when i woke up

#11 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:54 PM

yep wes and jono are gathering as big a list of the active ra2 players xwis names, time zones and msn's, anyone who wants to be listed as an active player please contact wes or jono on

voldemorts_palace@hotmail.com
jointskil@hotmail.com

this list will get linked to beside the official buddies on homepage and a topic int he buddies forum.

#12 Todd-AT

Todd-AT

Corporal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:54 PM

Were you dropped on the head as a child

I wouldnt be suprised my self.

But dont tell me to cool it cause i didnt lash out at anyone, i think your over reacting, i was just being realistic, virtually the only person on this website that is.

And r1zla, i did make a suggestion, use XMIT ;) for QM anyway.

Ok, a suggestion, my suggestion would be to really sit down (well not literally, maybe make a topic somewhere not in this suggestions bit) and ask the people what they actually want, why they dont play, and what would make them play.

Cause they are all bored of RA2, or just not happy about something on XWIS, cause they quite happy to play on WOL.

#13 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

And r1zla, i did make a suggestion, use XMIT  for QM anyway.

no where in your reply did u suggest ppl use yer tool

Ok, a suggestion, my suggestion would be to really sit down (well not literally, maybe make a topic somewhere not in this suggestions bit) and ask the people what they actually want, why they dont play, and what would make them play.

feel free but we are onto somethng with the direction of this thread, can we keep it going in the same direction please?

#14 Todd-AT

Todd-AT

Corporal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:08 PM

Stop acting like your an admin or mod, cause your neither.

Seroiusly, face reality, only way XWIS will take off is if the WOL servers redirect all their traffic to you.

*Yes, im aware RA2 Launch button prolly wont work ;) No doubt someone will delete the attachment

Edited by DonCarlo, 21 March 2004 - 02:25 PM.

#15 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:15 PM

Stop acting like your an admin or mod, cause your neither.

get yer facts right dude.

Seroiusly, face reality, only way XWIS will take off is if the WOL servers redirect all their traffic to you

ok reality faced.

#16 Todd-AT

Todd-AT

Corporal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:19 PM

Group: Members

So why you in members group?

#17 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:23 PM

becasue i requested it. as i am still a mod on one of the forums here yer statement was wrong, but this is pointless, aeg1s, yer ruining a good topic here, can we call a truce please and get back onto the subject that one of the guys spent a lotta time and effort thinking about and posting about.

#18 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:26 PM

is there a way that we could have a1ges banned from this topic unless he requests permission from a mod or admin as he is driving it into what he wants he has been informed of this by other members posting there is a big issue i feel here and he is going way of track

my advice to u a1ges stick to topic or create a new one it seems you have something to say but it has very little to do with this i feel you are trying not only to make people leave ra2 because you are bitter and also because you got caught out you think you sound professinal when infact you sound like a washed up nobody who's talking about the old days so how about you face reality yourself and please leave my topic and let it influence the people here who just want to play a game at the best quality the strike team can bring it to and myself i believe that to be a very high one

#19 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • 18264 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

This topic will be kept on track
if anyone wishes to discuss anything else then open another topic in the community section - but that include to the ppl replying.
If you reply to off-topic discussions im not gonna keep deleteing the posts from teh starter.

#20 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

ok cheers don, theres a list now published in the buddies forum, it has a load of msn addies gathered by jono n wes, anyone else who would like to give permission to publish their details and time zones can contact them and the list will be updated.

if yer stuck for a game coz of lack of players theres roughly 40 ppl that u can easily see what time zone they are in and can now ask on msn to join yer for a game

link

#21 Cane

Cane

BFV Clan Leader

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Araider1

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

i would be quite happy to add an extra field to the info that is required to become a buddie, would any of the current buddies have any objections to giving out their timezone for the buddies page on the homepage?

so the 1st thing i gotta do is get a list of the timezones our current buddies are in ( i know some) then start looking for volenteers specific to the time zones we lack in. i am thinking asian and australasian zones are where we lack badly as i think most buddies are in the european and north american time zones

this is pretty much our ideal behind buddies and wol helpers,spambots and the 74 player xwis room on wol with the helpbot. but live players on wol either in the chat room or in ppl's games have a better success rate i beleive. The WOL helpers at the moment doesnt seem to be an official team any more, this was canes baby but it hasnt been touched for a while. Cane if u want me to take it over, say the word. I attempted to update the list but it would just be much easier to restart that list of players. if u wanna start it back up again, let me know please and i can send u the tools u need to run your own xwis help channel on WOL and talk u through using it (this isnt an open offer for anyone, no offence intended i just dont wanna hand out the tools to anyone i dont kow well enough to know that they wont use them against XWIS, If anyone else really wants them theres plenty places u can get them from) If yer not interested in it anymore Cane then then fair enough its no hassle for me to take it over.

i cant comment (much) on the feasability of the 2nd suggestion, all i can say is that matching filter caused so many tech problems and had to be supported for all windows os's that its doubtfull olaf will consider writing anoter version for XWIS. Aeg1sank has written one i am not sure what olafs opinion is of it and what else it does apart from page u the map/opponent details at the quickmatch screen, it gives u a beep on matching aparently but dnno if it does when u make a custom game. I havent tested it out coz if i did i would end up canceling the maps i dont like (gayday) and tbh we dont need cancelers.

p.s. welcome to the new server coolboy, feel free to make any suggestions that u think will help us keep players on the server. as a new guy to XWIS your opinions are also valued. we wanna know what u think would keep players on the server and not just head back to WOL

I appreciate you pointing out that you know I would not hurt XWIS in any way, As you know I had enough access to return certain favors that were delivered and did not, and I'm not talking about XWIS.

One thing we have in common is are desire to make the XWIS server successful. My Clan and are new .com domain will launch soon a very strong player recruitment drive with are training Clan as the front ,That will suport these new players the second they arrive on the server. In a previous post I suggest others ie Clans and players join us. I've asked OLAF to create a Training Bunker that all involved would "man" to greet these players with support,Training,friendship. It is CLEAR that Hundreds have come with are previous efforts but we droped the ball in retaining them. My focus is retention and in that we can work together.

Please Push for a training bunker to OLAF and are two clans can train and retain the new players etc.. Are approach will not use bots. So With the efforts Ive just outlined I must respectfuly decline your offer at this time..
Hope in this we can work together for the common cause and bring XWIS to the forefront and successful....Posted Image

#22 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

ok sorted, now i can get on with it :rizla:

#23 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

I appreciate you pointing out that you know I would not hurt XWIS in any way, As you know I had enough access to return certain favors that were delivered and did not, and I'm not talking about XWIS.

One thing we have in common is are desire to make the XWIS server successful. My Clan and are new .com domain will launch soon a very strong player recruitment drive with are training Clan as the front ,That will suport these new players the second they arrive on the server. In a previous post I suggest others ie Clans and players join us. I've asked OLAF to create a Training Bunker that all involved would "man" to greet these players with support,Training,friendship. It is CLEAR that Hundreds have come with are previous efforts but we droped the ball in retaining them. My focus is retention and in that we can work together.

Please Push for a training bunker to OLAF and are two clans can train and retain the new players etc.. Are approach will not use bots. So With the efforts Ive just outlined I must respectfuly decline your offer at this time..
Hope in this we can work together for the common cause and bring XWIS to the forefront and successful....Posted Image

Training bunker sounds like a good idea and a training clan aslong as you keep the standard training clan rules IE no playing vs eachother and some other more obvious ones sounds like a great idea.

I hope olaf will do it when he has time to get round to it.

#24 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:43 AM

In response to this topic.

I must respectfuly decline your offer

This was all I needed to hear.

MY QUESTION TO RIZ
Do you not have a responce to our offer???

I didnt realise there was an offer.

Are you Interested in working together????

I must respectfuly decline your offer.

Did you delete these posts by mistake...?????

No.

Please Push for a training bunker to OLAF

You can do this without involving me although he will prolly say again that it requires a patch since bunkers are hardcoded

Edited by JointRizla, 23 March 2004 - 01:44 AM.

#25 Cane

Cane

BFV Clan Leader

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Araider1

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:48 AM

In response to this topic.

This was all I needed to hear.

MY QUESTION TO RIZ
Do you not have a responce to our offer???

I didnt realise there was an offer.

I must respectfuly decline your offer.

No.

You can do this without involving me although he will prolly say again that it requires a patch since bunkers are hardcoded

Well since my topics get closed.. and you can ramble on I would say the playing field is not fair...btw matt is done..will do it myself with a pro..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users