Photo

Red Alert 1 unable to allocate primary video...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 78_towncar_460

78_towncar_460

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:50 PM

I am still getting the unable to allocate primary video buffer error message

I checked into the Westwood manual that comes with the game. They say that the unable to allocate primary video buffer comes from either a bad directx installation, or you need to update your video drivers.

The computer has a sis740 onboard graphics card running windows 98se, and I updated the drivers from the sis website. I also reinstalled directx from the Red Alert CD but that does not solve the problem. I would think that this graphics card should have no problems with this game since it is newer than the game is but it is not a 3d accelerated graphics card. I updated my Red Alert game to v1.08pe as well, just trying to get a network game working.

Thanks

#2 RazorCutz

RazorCutz

JoKuPreP?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6737 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaZoRCuTz

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

I am still getting the unable to allocate primary video buffer error message

I checked into the Westwood manual that comes with the game.  They say that the unable to allocate primary video buffer comes from either a bad directx installation, or you need to update your video drivers.

The computer has a sis740 onboard graphics card running windows 98se, and I updated the drivers from the sis website.  I also reinstalled directx from the Red Alert CD but that does not solve the problem.  I would think that this graphics card should have no problems with this game since it is newer than the game is but it is not a 3d accelerated graphics card.  I updated my Red Alert game to v1.08pe as well, just trying to get a network game working.

Thanks

View Post

try running the game in dos mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users