6 replies to this topic

#1 SeRiaL

SeRiaL

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

Ive had this laptop for about 3 months and just now decided to start playing Ra2 again...and I installed it but when I click play Red ALert 2 now,like the mini title screen comes up and the game trys to start(as in going into full screen mode) but then just backs out..no error message or anything...

Any suggestions why it won't launch?
Ive tried reinstalling

#2 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

maybe virus.....be specific bout your comp, vid card, etc. reasons possible for its defunct activity

#3 SeRiaL

SeRiaL

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:37 AM

I dont know to much about computers..but its a Gateway Laptop,video card is the 1 that came with it...I dont think its a problem with that because Generals runs fine...The Ra2 logo comes up and it goes to a black screen then back to windows...no errror messages.

#4 Alfadir

Alfadir

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

ummm if your running windows XP you will need to change ra2/yuri to run off of an older windows as XP cant run them....to do this...

Right click the icon and go to properties then click on the compatibility tab and change it to run off of either windows 2000, ME, or 98 and it should work.

#5 SeRiaL

SeRiaL

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:19 PM

I tried it,still going to a full screen black screen then back to windows...this is so dumb.

#6 Alfadir

Alfadir

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

hmm....if u didnt try a diffrent windows other than the first on you picked....otherwise...wait fer olaf or don sorry

#7 LeOwNzAll

LeOwNzAll

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

change compatibilty. clik right on ra2 icon, proprety, compatily, choose windows 98

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users