17727 replies to this topic

#16026 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Why do people purposely take others nicknames from long ago (yr)?
Obviously it's for the badges, but I mean, come on now, on a game where 8 people play you are worried about your online reputation via a chat lobby??

I see my old nickname 'araider50' on yuris revenge (rank 10 March 2004) was recreated about 2.0 years ago. Seriously? Araider50? Sounds like a GREAT nickname. It's obvious the creator looked through the hall of fames, found a nickname like that, that was forgotten, and recreated it for the sole purpose of the badge in the lobby.

I'm sorry, I just can't understand this logic. At least the guy who recreated my old nickname Pikachu has a somewhat leet nickname, but araider50? Who the hell wants to be called araider50.

By the way, I have no care about getting the name back or anything, I just thought it was absolutely sick in the head -- I've also been seeing a lot of it go on lately on yr. People re-creating nicknames on this dead game. Way to go!!

hmmm this has happened to some of my old yr hof nicks aswell. kinda sad but what you gonna do

#16027 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

With the pathetic reso he is been playing, he is 1 of the best allied player

Yes, it prove you dont have specially need an highter resolution mate :p
But that's probaly hard to play with this!

#16028 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

its just what you used to use more pleasant. small reso is better in close tankfights

#16029 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Bigger reso = better. ****ing hate playing on laptop screen compared to my old 23inch when i used to play

#16030 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ofcourse its better but what about the poor?

#16031 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

What reso are u guys talking about? I find 1024x768 pretty good for my 17 inches screen, I tried 1280x1024 but I cant get used lol plus it lags on my crappy computer. I've benn using 800x600 until last month lol

btw who is icrucifyu?

Edited by XMaDTanKX, 21 May 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#16032 edenzddd

edenzddd

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

who is fropros? This guy not paly RA2?

#16033 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

who is fropros? This guy not paly RA2?

cory is his name he had many nicknames however he was rebanned for ban dodging! he is a perm banned cheater with a bad attitude its too bad if he just woulda be nice no one woulda reported him cause he used auto ss...

#16034 edenzddd

edenzddd

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

cory is his name he had many nicknames however he was rebanned for ban dodging! he is a perm banned cheater with a bad attitude its too bad if he just woulda be nice no one woulda reported him cause he used auto ss...

I not know why these sup-players need cheat. Game is only fun . Hey , now Kilers come ffg with me

Edited by edenzddd, 21 May 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#16035 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

I not know why these sup-players need cheat. Game is only fun . Hey , now Kilers come ffg with me

They cheat because they care too much about ranks in a 12 yr old game, and they can't achieve them without having unfair advantatge.

#16036 a1ssf0rme

a1ssf0rme

Da BuZnEs PwNr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • XWIS Name: nToWn

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

They cheat because they care too much about ranks in a 12 yr old game, and they can't achieve them without having unfair advantatge.

i like

#16037 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

What reso are u guys talking about? I find 1024x768 pretty good for my 17 inches screen, I tried 1280x1024 but I cant get used lol plus it lags on my crappy computer. I've benn using 800x600 until last month lol

btw who is icrucifyu?

Looks like he is using 1024x768, i've never seen a player with that reso and still winning alot vs high level plyers with supersize reso, his mouse dragging skills is off the charts

I tried to bring 3 friends to join xwis this month, they played on my laptop this month but they think it's too much of a hassle, 2much micro
Im gonna install Ra2 next month on my pc for bigger reso, hopefully they like the gameplay better, hopefully they will join, so we can 4 vs you ;p

#16038 JonasAKAFaze

JonasAKAFaze

The BH Master

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • XWIS Name: Faze

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

I went from 1366*768 --> 1920*1080.
On Urban Rush, I nearly don't have to scroll around. In Tiberian Sun NOD mission 1, I can't scroll around lol :D
But one thing you have to be careful of is T and TT... So I began numbering my units :)

Posted Image

Sorry for this image method, but the file was too big to attach.

Edited by Faze, 23 May 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#16039 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Looks like he is using 1024x768, i've never seen a player with that reso and still winning alot vs high level plyers with supersize reso, his mouse dragging skills is off the charts

I tried to bring 3 friends to join xwis this month, they played on my laptop this month but they think it's too much of a hassle, 2much micro
Im gonna install Ra2 next month on my pc for bigger reso, hopefully they like the gameplay better, hopefully they will join, so we can 4 vs you ;p

i got only 1 higher reso than 1024, and i dont see what r eso has to do with winning :s

#16040 magictank

magictank

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

+1. Before I quit I always used the "worst reso". When I came back I tried the one that is slightly bigger and I really don't see a difference. Bigger reso you don't have to scroll as much I guess? I scroll like a freak anyways.

Oh and the reason I looked at this topic....GGs to Mafia clan. Glad to see they are being active. Good attitudes too.

Double "Oh". Wrong topic. I'll leave it anyways. Cheers

Edited by Ra2ALiEN, 24 May 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#16041 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

i got only 1 higher reso than 1024, and i dont see what r eso has to do with winning :s

I guess they have to scroll less with splits and multitask so makes it easier.

I'm fine with 1024 altough

#16042 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

i prefer using a higher (smaller units) reso - main reason being, makes life a bit easier (as im damn lazy!!) at seeing splits n attacking in diff places at once so i can do more at once.

#16043 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

you'll be able to anticipate earlier, there's less eye-tracking, which means less fatigue overall, which means your winrate would be a bit better, but and the end of the day it's all about skills atleast on big maps

I went from 1366*768 --> 1920*1080.
On Urban Rush, I nearly don't have to scroll around. In Tiberian Sun NOD mission 1, I can't scroll around lol :D
But one thing you have to be careful of is T and TT... So I began numbering my units :)

Posted Image

Sorry for this image method, but the file was too big to attach.

That's 2 big :laugh: but it looks nice, ya same here the TT button often f*cks me up :S

#16044 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

you'll be able to anticipate earlier, there's less eye-tracking, which means less fatigue overall, which means your winrate would be a bit better, but and the end of the day it's all about skills atleast on big maps

probably not true in marko's case - but i see where ur coming from :)

#16045 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Depends also on your style,

I like the 1200+ reso faster gameplay, but for my friends it demotivaded for them to play further with this reso, 2much multitasking and there "new" to the game so they are getting impatient when they are often killed within 5min without having a good tankbattle action s

#16046 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

getting back on topic, who are your friends?

#16047 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

getting back on topic, who are your friends?

i consider everyone on ra2 my ra2 buddies :D

except emilio, chic spink!

#16048 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

Depends also on your style,

I like the 1200+ reso faster gameplay, but for my friends it demotivaded for them to play further with this reso, 2much multitasking and there "new" to the game so they are getting impatient when they are often killed within 5min without having a good tankbattle action s

That's what ffg's are for

#16049 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Expand you know or anyone else about the player Gunsh0t... he fair player or suspicious?
Ive accused him of mapping in the past and 2day lol, not because i've lost, we both won and lost vs each other a couple of times so far

Edited by Peachy, 26 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#16050 volkots

volkots

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: n/a

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

I think u should be more specific about him (gunsh0t) mapping, he did not scout or what. And it would be easier to say if u had xgs.replay. For me he just seemed very persistent, all the games plays exact the same and flames after loosing.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)