35 replies to this topic

#1 Lkev

Lkev

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:24 AM

cuz i no i dont lag, but i just wanna so so if somebody saus i lag, i no its not me

#2 Lkev

Lkev

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

nvm, figured it out

#3 Markiiie

Markiiie

Commander

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11664 posts
  • XWIS Name: R0MuLuS

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

mmmmmmmmmm.... n00bs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmmmmmmm

#4 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

how do u figure it out?

#5 Lkev

Lkev

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

thts how, i just avg

Attached Files

#6 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:17 AM

But that's not your average FPS. Your guy may have a lower FPS which brings down your FPS rating.

#7 Lkev

Lkev

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:18 AM

tht is y i averaged all of them, and my average is 55

#8 Mooff

Mooff

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:17 PM

you are not good in math are you?

#9 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

tht is y i averaged all of them, and my average is 55

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're missing the point.

#10 Markiiie

Markiiie

Commander

• Banned
  • 11664 posts
  • XWIS Name: R0MuLuS

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

you are not good in math are you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

add them all together,divide by amount of games.
answer.
whats so hard?.
are u good in math.?
if so u give him answer

#11 ikill4fun

ikill4fun

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

How do u find out ur FPS while the game is actually playing?

Any one know any programs which show u a constant overlay of the current FPS u have?

as im fed up of playin games like this

380718 scopz L -26 kissmyass W +26 12:32 Dustbowl 17:06 31-01 25 0 1

#12 Mooff

Mooff

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

fraps (should work with ra2/yr - but i'm not sure)

#13 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

add them all together,divide by amount of games.
answer.
whats so hard?.
are u good in math.?
if so u give him answer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that was a retarded post. And FYI, I have 96.8 in Calculus. :mellow:

Your average FPS isn't done by done by adding then dividing. Your highest FPS is actually your average FPS, because you don't go any lower than that or any higher. Before you say anything, understand what I said first.

#14 ikill4fun

ikill4fun

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

fraps (should work with ra2/yr - but i'm not sure)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm i tried fraps but it seems to cause the game to freeze up and the overlay isnt visible ill try it agian see if i done something wrong.

#15 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

You are wrong DAZ. Your highest FPS isn't always your average FPS.
You can play a 3 min game with the 57FPS, when vs the same guy a 10 mins game will be 50FPS.

#16 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:08 AM

Wow, people are overlooking this simple and easy concept, including you shahzeb.

Your highest FPS is your average. Imagine you had two computers that are the same specs. What would the outcome be? Same FPS everygame? Why is that? Because they are running their highest FPS range. Now, if you play against someone with low specs, the FPS will be lower down to the slower comp's rate. You will be playing with the slower's comp average FPS, not yours. I'm sure you guys all know that, because if you think for a moment, you would understand that there's no point in averaging all of your QM FPS, because the general outcome would be the community's average on FPS, not your average FPS.

#17 OpTiZzAL

OpTiZzAL

Omertan

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • XWIS Name: -

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:35 AM

Wow, people are overlooking this simple and easy concept, including you shahzeb.

Your highest FPS is your average.  Imagine you had two computers that are the same specs.  What would the outcome be?  Same FPS everygame?  Why is that?  Because they are running their highest FPS range.  Now, if you play against someone with low specs, the FPS will be lower down to the slower comp's rate.  You will be playing with the slower's comp average FPS, not yours.  I'm sure you guys all know that, because if you think for a moment, you would understand that there's no point in averaging all of your QM FPS, because the general outcome would be the community's average on FPS, not your average FPS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No you are missing the point if i play a game on blood feud vs playerA and rush them and then i play someone on a map like the alamo vs the same playerA that last for 10 minutes we will mostly like have a lower fps then the first game.

Here is a great example

i played sam on defcon it was a 5 minute game our fps was 55 and now with your logic it would be the same fps then for the other game even though it only 51 fps.
297502 alliespwn America L -23 a2willys Iraq W +23 05:21 DEFCON 6 17:00 24-01 55 0 1
297431 alliespwn America L -29 a2willys Iraq W +29 11:26 Country Swing 16:53 24-01 51 0 1

Same thing here
296188 alliespwn America W +33 lkevman90 Iraq L -27 07:24 Offense Defense 15:05 24-01 51 0 1
296082 alliespwn America W +39 lkevman90 Iraq L -30 05:31 Blood Feud 14:57 24-01 53 0 1

and again
295478 alliespwn America W +29 fliggy07 Yuri L 05:18 Dune Patrol 14:10 24-01 54 0 1
295374 alliespwn America W +32 fliggy07 Yuri L 03:41 Blood Feud 14:03 24-01 58 0 1

it all depends on game length and the map

Imagine you had two computers that are the same specs.  What would the outcome be?  Same FPS everygame?  Why is that?  Because they are running their highest FPS range.

So no the fps will not be the same everygame. ;)

#18 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:31 AM

Wow, that was a retarded post.  And FYI, I have 96.8 in Calculus.  :mellow:

Your average FPS isn't done by done by adding then dividing.  Your highest FPS is actually your average FPS, because you don't go any lower than that or any higher.  Before you say anything, understand what I said first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

calculus is easy :dry:

#19 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

Look optics, your FPS only lowers because of memory being used, not because of time. You can actually test this (No point in doing so because I have). You can play undeployed for 10 minutes and still have the same FPS. I'm talking about your highest FPS because it can be resolved as the average, like so on other games like Call of duty, when people can play for hours and still have 100 FPS.

Edited by DAZ, 01 February 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#20 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

When I lagged I would have 2 mins games with 54FPS, but a 5 mins game would be down in 45FPS, that doesn't mean my average FPS is 54...

#21 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

Then you're talking the average of your player's and your's combined.

#22 Mikzu

Mikzu

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • XWIS Name: jy

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:43 AM

Your highest FPS isn't your average FPS... since FPS changes depending on how many units are on the screen, the size of the map, how many buildings have been constructed .etc. You could have 59 FPS at the start of a game, and it then it drops to 45 once you have some buildings and tanks made. Are you still saying that your average FPS is 59? hmm...

And you can't calculate your average FPS by adding and dividing the numbers on the stats pages, because you would just be calculating the average FPS of everyone combined, not just yourself... I mean, if you have 59 fps and play someone who has 10 fps. You will both have slow FPS.

#23 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

And you can't calculate your average FPS by adding and dividing the numbers on the stats pages, because you would just be calculating the average FPS of everyone combined, not just yourself... I mean, if you have 59 fps and play someone who has 10 fps. You will both have slow FPS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever try it in skirmish? I have tried using fraps, and my FPS stayed the same the whole game. But I wouldn't argue with you, because my computer is maxed out and yours may be low in overall compared with computers of today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My point exactly. :yes:

Edited by DAZ, 10 February 2006 - 04:20 PM.

#24 Aegis

Aegis

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • XWIS Name: NA

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

Are you ****ing retarded?

Both players cannot have difference FPS in the same game, so i have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Its peer to peer, if one person is going really slow, the other person is to. This isnt like COD or CS where one person can have 20 fps and you can have 100fps, they clearly lag and you dont.

Adding all the fps from all ur games, then dividing by the amount of games, still gives you the average fps for your game record, i dont see why you are trying to say its not.

Edited by Aegis, 10 February 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#25 DAZ

DAZ

۝ - Ωudio Prøphet - ۝

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:31 PM

Are you ****ing retarded?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.

Both players cannot have difference FPS in the same game, so i have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said that both players can have different FPS in the same game. Perhaps you misunderstood me?

Its peer to peer, if one person is going really slow, the other person is to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, as it's what I'm saying.

Adding all the fps from all ur games, then dividing by the amount of games, still gives you the average fps for your game record, i dont see why you are trying to say its not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. It's the average of both players, not just yours.

Edited by DAZ, 10 February 2006 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users