82 replies to this topic

#76 tank117

tank117

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

Well, I guess it all depends on the map. If I have gems I'm fine, but if I have to munch on crystals I run into trouble.

I'm trying to think of the last map I played where I ran into trouble. Can't think of it off the top of my head.

I always place the ore fac as close to the ore as I can, preferablly on the top part of it.

Build order

Deploy mcv
Power
Barraks (3dogs)
Ore ref
War fac(1 miner, tanks)
ore ref (sell)
I did it in a skirmish and simulated.

Basically it happens right after I get 1-2 tanks out.

You need miner control, I jus tested it without it and I hit low funds at 3 tanks, with miner control you wont get low funds most likely.

Edited by tank117, 16 April 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#77 shadow461

shadow461

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

My 2 cents, and a slightly different approach.

reactor, barracks, refinery, war fac, refinery (sell), refinery(sell)
from the barracks up to 4 dogs, no more
from the war fac depends on your opponent
against allies: 3x rhino, 1x miner, 2x flak track (3x flak track against America), then tanks
against sovs: 1x flak track, 2x terror drone, then tanks OR the same as allies except no flak tracks

If you use the first BO, take the three rhinos to the enemy miners. You won't win right away, but you will cripple them. Attack miners only, nothing else.
If you use the second BO, put the terror drones in the flak track first, then put a conscript in behind them (he costs $100 less than a dog). Take it to the soviet ore field, let the war miners start shooting the flak track, then deploy.
Either way kills their economy if successful.
I used this a lot in Yuri's when I played it, but it's been so long I forgot exactly how to work it vs Yuri. You can kill slave miners early this way, I do remember that.

Yes, you may hit 0 with this, but your enemy will definitely hit 0. This will get you partway up the ladder, after about 400 points, YMMV. Also, in 2 on 2, it'll probably get you killed, but not until after you've finished one of your opponents.

#78 kshai359

kshai359

Sergeant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:55 AM

My 2 cents, and a slightly different approach.

reactor, barracks, refinery, war fac, refinery (sell), refinery(sell)
from the barracks up to 4 dogs, no more
from the war fac depends on your opponent
against allies: 3x rhino, 1x miner, 2x flak track (3x flak track against America), then tanks
against sovs: 1x flak track, 2x terror drone, then tanks OR the same as allies except no flak tracks

If you use the first BO, take the three rhinos to the enemy miners. You won't win right away, but you will cripple them. Attack miners only, nothing else.
If you use the second BO, put the terror drones in the flak track first, then put a conscript in behind them (he costs $100 less than a dog). Take it to the soviet ore field, let the war miners start shooting the flak track, then deploy.
Either way kills their economy if successful.
I used this a lot in Yuri's when I played it, but it's been so long I forgot exactly how to work it vs Yuri. You can kill slave miners early this way, I do remember that.

Yes, you may hit 0 with this, but your enemy will definitely hit 0. This will get you partway up the ladder, after about 400 points, YMMV. Also, in 2 on 2, it'll probably get you killed, but not until after you've finished one of your opponents.

joke?

#79 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

LOL MAJOR BUMP! :p

#80 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

My country swing build goes like this. and it hardly ever fails,, power, barracks, refinery, war (2 miners then tanks) , refinery, refinery, war , power, radar, then spam tanks and desos then after you get about 6 or 7 desos and 10 tanks or so go try to attack if everything looks good,
be sure to scout

#81 aulerius5

aulerius5

Sergeant

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • XWIS Name: aulerius5

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

Allied vs Iraq YR
Stop building refinerys and wars on 4 miners to save money and shoot with planes and rocketeers:) Usa vs sov. wait until you get like extra money then make second war or lab. Focus more on planes than rocketeers.

Hot key your planes so you can use your left hand to make planes shoot faster and more accurate.

Doesn't work as well vs allies its better to get second miner and start packing rocketeers.
Vs yuri you can try on gems maps which is called late tech and get 4 planes (only on gem maps).
Vs yuri usually don't try this if you are NOT korea so you dont go broke and get outtanked then make second power plant and tech in a few min not to long.

You will be surprised when you smack a sov that used to own you ^_^

Edited by aulerius5, 21 April 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#82 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Allied vs Iraq YR
Stop building refinerys and wars on 4 miners to save money and shoot with planes and rocketeers:) Usa vs sov. wait until you get like extra money then make second war or lab. Focus more on planes than rocketeers.

Hot key your planes so you can use your left hand to make planes shoot faster and more accurate.

Doesn't work as well vs allies its better to get second miner and start packing rocketeers.
Vs yuri you can try on gems maps which is called late tech and get 4 planes (only on gem maps).
Vs yuri usually don't try this if you are NOT korea so you dont go broke and get outtanked then make second power plant and tech in a few min not to long.

You will be surprised when you smack a sov that used to own you ^_^

I would be surprised if you got a good rank Markus :)

#83 Ra2iD

Ra2iD

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Best skill to have is to ''counter-bo'' your enemy,
Your own economy is more inportant then your enemy's because only then can u atack his.
Its good if u try new bo's alot, dont get stuck to one build order,
If u know allmost every bo on a map, then there is no suprize if your enemy goes a weird one,
so u know how to minimize his advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users