82 replies to this topic

#51 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:18 AM

i never use miner control, should start with it.You just need to let ur miners work closer by ref and click at ref?

no, while a miner is in its way back to ref just select it and click the ref, then the miner unload and colect the nearest ore
if you can do this with every miner your economy will get alot better

#52 iNSoMNi4C

iNSoMNi4C

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:34 AM

on Yr CS (w/out gems) Sovs you can have 4 miners and 3 wars with sufficient money flow as long as you dont continue to build buildings.

#53 RazorCutz

RazorCutz

JoKuPreP?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6737 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaZoRCuTz

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

i never use miner control, should start with it.You just need to let ur miners work closer by ref and click at ref?

View Post

keep miners close to ref, and when the miner is 1/2 or 3/4 full send it back.

#54 JoZhA

JoZhA

The Best Slovenian Player Ever

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:03 PM

keep miners close to ref, and when the miner is 1/2 or 3/4 full send it back.

View Post

does that realy works?

#55 Master_Yuri

Master_Yuri

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:38 AM

hey im a sov player now and i'm just wondering if there is 2 patches of ore, do you build pp rax ref (first patch) war ref (second patch)

or do you build 2nd ref near first patch and sell?
might be confusing but its a little thing i need to know.

:wink1:

#56 MgS

MgS

Tyler/MG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3261 posts
  • XWIS Name: MgSnake1

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:30 AM

3 on same patch (refin war refin (sell)). further from that, on most maps with decent sized ore patches (heartland) go 4 on one patch, then later with 5th keep refin on other patch. Sell extras so only 1 per patch. always depends though.

#57 Master_Yuri

Master_Yuri

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:31 AM

Ok thanks
:cool:

#58 cheaterkiller

cheaterkiller

Phatphucka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • XWIS Name: C&Ctyrant

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

The worst possible thing you can do when organising your economy is “ride zero”

When I say ride zero it means spend what you don’t have and see a big fat 0 where your cash should be, if you cant afford something, don’t start buying it, or alternatively, if you know an ore truck will get back in time to get what you need then its ok to start buying, but in the case of an emergency, if your riding zero… Your in trouble…

View Post

Well duh!? Even when I was a beginner I could figure this out. SERIOUSLY!

sov miners have a tendancy that once they drop off ore at the refinery they like to goto pluto and mine there. Monitor this and make sure it dnt happen. early game i number me miners 9,8,7 to help deal with this.

This I couldnt agree more with. This applies to ore miners reguardless of being sov or allied. It happens all the time when enemy miners are travelling to the other side of the map when theres ore outside there base. I take quick advantage of this with rocketeers.

Unless your an expert money manager, stay away from maps with little money. These include almost all defualt maps.

#59 Yada

Yada

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ratty

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

Unless your an expert money manager, stay away from maps with little money. These include almost all defualt maps.

View Post

Mod maps dont teach you about economy, at best you dont learn much, at worst you'll actually become a poorer player.

Maps like blood fued and dune patrol are good to start with (yr), as there isnt 'that' much to go around, the map is small and you have to manage relatively carefully. Also maps like heartland and cs are good, as they're kind of the same as the small maps but there's more to go around and stretch to.

Heck is next and obviously the 'cream of the crop' ^^ as you stretch for miles but all the time having to manage economy pretty perfectly due to most often being head to head with your opponent virtually constantly. A kind of tester map to show yourself how good you are at BO's and MC.

Power
Barrack
Ref
fac (1 minor or straight tanks)
ref (sell)
ref

is the standard BO for most maps to get the cash flowing, i think most people would agree.

#60 HeNKiEeE

HeNKiEeE

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

my Basic cs bo(i think on yuri after the miner from fac u can build 2 tanks straight away. and on ra2 you can maybe afford to build a 2nd tank about 1/2 way.

POWER

BARRACKS
Then i buy 3 dogs. send one to middle opening and one to your other opening and xplore with the other.

REFINERY

WAR FAC
then i build 1 miner and 1 tank. i do not click 30 tanks

REFINERY
Now when i see a miner going back which means i will have sufficient amount of cash to finish this refinery i click another tank.

REFINERY
By this time the cash will start to flow a bit more evenly so now is the point where i might click more than 1 tank :p

REFINERY

WAR FAC

REFINERY
after this i leave it for 1 or 2 mins to build up maybe 3/4k so i am build tanks consistanly.

WAR FAC
by the time i have enough money to do what i am about to do which is straight after this i get.

RADAR

5+DESOS

whilst you get the desos you will see that you have enough cash to get a 4 WAR FAC though i dnt recommended unless your at 4. or maybe your at 3 and your m8 dnt mind you having some of his ore. Also when u get your first tank out go and force attack his gems.

View Post

You just got owned by my flaktrack + engi rush

This **** is too slow and you have no radar so u cant see the flaktrack coming.

#61 g0th1c4

g0th1c4

There's Only One JeX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • XWIS Name: g0th1c4

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

You just got owned by my flaktrack + engi rush

This **** is too slow and you have no radar so u cant see the flaktrack coming.

View Post

"flaktrack + engi rush"
congrats do you think youre good now ?

#62 consuming

consuming

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

"flaktrack + engi rush" 
congrats do you think youre good now ?

View Post

I don't think that was his point...

#63 who is it?

who is it?

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:37 AM

i dont see what his point is-- is it that the maker of this BO didnt specifically say that he was looking for a flak with an engi inside it so therefore he couldnt counter it deftly?

also: of course you will 'own' someone in imaginary land--whats the point of making that hypothetical situation?

how is the BO too slow? did he say that he would build things slowly? Please explain your problem with it more fully.

i just dont get it, heNKiEeE.
truly a tragic post.
feel free to yell at me!

Edited by who is it?, 04 May 2007 - 02:40 AM.

#64 aqua46

aqua46

*Nintendo Allstar*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:39 AM

he deso bombed me while i was afk, 34 mirage tanks vanished.

#65 TiMe2HuSh

TiMe2HuSh

Ctu Agent

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

This topic has no good advice in it for anyone...

only thing mentioned in it for any good was to self drop miners so they get ore closest to refinery and so they dont stall...

what about dropping miners early to get that extra tank out or that refinery done quicker???

also figure for sov miners, there are 4 dots in miner that light up gold.... for every dot its $250

keep that in mind when u need just a few bucks... early in game

and its $500 for every dot when eating gems....

#66 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

This topic has no good advice in it for anyone...

only thing mentioned in it for any good was to self drop miners so they get ore closest to refinery and so they dont stall...
what about dropping miners early to get that extra tank out or that refinery done quicker???

also figure for sov miners, there are 4 dots in miner that light up gold.... for every dot its $250

keep that in mind when u need just a few bucks... early in game

and its $500 for every dot when eating gems....

for the most part dropping ore early isn't efficient...
the only time it is is when you're allies 'cause your miners teleport to the ref
'cause when you're sov your miners move to and from the ore it's mining so if you deposit before it mines it all it's not as good as having it mine the whole load since it'll have to travel more and will be mining ore less

#67 TiMe2HuSh

TiMe2HuSh

Ctu Agent

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

for the most part dropping ore early isn't efficient...
the only time it is is when you're allies 'cause your miners teleport to the ref
'cause when you're sov your miners move to and from the ore it's mining so if you deposit before it mines it all it's not as good as having it mine the whole load since it'll have to travel more and will be mining ore less

u miss the point

if u have a tank almost done or a refinery 3/4 done and ur money dropping low if u drop early u will get that extra miner out refine quicker and/or get that extra tank out for your early game rush

for example when qm on small map u rushing u can get that extra tank out and while the miner gotta refine again not that big of deal when ur already heading to opponents base....

like u start heading to ur opponets base to attack than waypoint your war towards his base so when tanks come they are enforcing ur current attack... now if funds start dwindling why not drop miner early save urself the early mcv sell

oh and if ur a good player ur sov miners dont drive that far to mine

#68 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

lol ye but you gotta remember how noob most people are now...
really you don't even need to do this if you just use decent miner control, you'll hardly ever hit 0 unless you have to mass sentrys

#69 farmerboy

farmerboy

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

I have a question about riding zero. Happens to me all the time, some point early in the game. Basically that point when the war fac is down, and I'm making 1miner and tanks, but I'm also building a ore ref to sell for the miner.

What do you do when you're riding zero as this? I've been told to "hold" whatever is building. Do you hold everything or just the tanks? Or do you hold the building, so tanks can still build?

#70 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

you if ride 0 that early in the game you must be spending too much money on scouting / garrisoning structures / defensive structures. although putting your structure building on hold is normally your best bet, the more tanks you have the better chance you have of holding an early rush or being aggressive yourself and making your opponent force a mistake. if you know you can get away with putting your tanks on hold for a bit while you stabilize your economy then obviously do that.

#71 farmerboy

farmerboy

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

This usually happens with standard bo with 3 dogs.

#72 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

It really shouldnt happen here. Are you placing ore refs next to ore? Mining crystals asap?

#73 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

what's your standard BO? at the point in which you're going insufficient assuming you've only built 3 dogs for scouting you should still have around $1000 after you've placed your 2nd ref and your miners been built.

#74 tank117

tank117

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

Miner control is crutial, with good miner controll you can go 3 wars on 4/5 miners on maps like country swing easily.

Edited by tank117, 16 April 2008 - 01:39 PM.

#75 farmerboy

farmerboy

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

Well, I guess it all depends on the map. If I have gems I'm fine, but if I have to munch on crystals I run into trouble.

I'm trying to think of the last map I played where I ran into trouble. Can't think of it off the top of my head.

I always place the ore fac as close to the ore as I can, preferablly on the top part of it.

Build order

Deploy mcv
Power
Barraks (3dogs)
Ore ref
War fac(1 miner, tanks)
ore ref (sell)

I did it in a skirmish and simulated.

Basically it happens right after I get 1-2 tanks out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users