Economy

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Sporks14_*

Guest_Sporks14_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:45 AM

Good advice for YR economy (Allied):

Part of the reason noobs are noobs, is because they do not understand basic economy for allied, the most commonly used side in this game. They run out of money, never build an army, and by the time the oppenent is ready to attack, they are still trying to get money, so here is some advice:

Cash!: Build a war factory before a airforce always, because the war factory can be building miners while you build your airforce. You can have anywear from 2-8 miners with one ore rifinery, but the lower the ratio, the less block up you get. (when your ore miners stack up in front of the ore refinery) so try to get about 10 miners and a couple refineries, and you should have a steady flow of cash. If you see it getting low (hopefully you don't wait till your at 1000 credits), around 10,000 credits, you could boost the cash flow by making 5 more miners and an ore refinery.

Gaurd Towers!: (prism towers, pill boxes, ect..)
These towers may be effective against programmed cpus, but the people you play against are smart enough to use something that has a greater range, such as V3s or Prism Tanks, so instead of guarding you base with those towers, guard with long range moveable units.

Build an army!: If you sit there the whole game just wating to be attacked, it'll happen, so make an army (as early as you can)!

Effectivness!: If you are facing a soviet, DON'T SEND ROCETEERS (however you spell that)!!!! They have flak, and flak can shoot down roceteers faster than you can run upstairs and hug your mamma :lol: ! If you are facing and ally, feel free to send over a roceteer army! the only good defense allies have against those are agies (Go agies!) and other roceteers.

Army sizes!: When I say army, I don't mean 5 guys, ok? And infantry armies (such as roceteers) need to be even bigger than tank armies!

Spies!: Don't let spies get into your base! If your enemy gets spies in your base, and you don't get any in his, well all I can say is that you might as well quit.

Not dieing early in the game!: there are 2 ways to do this:
-Play in a game that has the rule no rush ( this might not work because not all players are trustworthy not to rush)
-Build a service depot fairly early so if your enemie(s) come in with harriers or black eagles and destroy your conyard, you can build a new one!

How to unally and really: If you ever need to send spies or engineers into your allies base, know how to do this!

Click on the button to the left of the options button. There are circles next to every persons name. If the circle is black, they are enemies, if the circle is orange, they are you allies. To offer an alliance to an enemy (or former friend) click on their black circle (do not click again, this may take a few seconds, especially if the game is laggy), and it should turn half orange. If they click on the circle too, you will become allied. If you want to declare war on someone (unally), click on the orange circle next to their name.

Sorry if some of this doesn't fit under economy, but it should help the new players become better at the overall game with the allied side.

#27 TanXELITE

TanXELITE

MaRiN� , RoCKinG WiTh Da BeSt

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1248 posts
  • XWIS Name: MaRiN

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

on cs i go

power > barrax > ref > war fac ( 4 miners outta it. When 3rd miners in built start building ref ) > war > power > war > ref > war >ref > war

you dont get 0 money @ start that way :)

#28 iGeTRiCH

iGeTRiCH

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:17 AM

on cs i go

power > barrax > ref > war fac ( 4 miners outta it. When 3rd miners in built start building ref ) > war > power > war > ref > war >ref > war

u ever think about the rush bfore u got 4 miners out of the war factory?

me i got power barraks ref war fac 2 miners then bout 4 tanks 2 refs then 2nd war fac then make another ref but dont forget 2 stretch 2 closest ore 2 get more cash for ur tank building

#29 iGeTRiCH

iGeTRiCH

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:18 AM

on cs i go

u ever think about the rush bfore u go 4 miners out of the war factory?

me i go power barraks ref war fac 2 miners then bout 4 tanks 2 refs then 2nd war fac then make another ref but dont forget 2 stretch 2 closest ore 2 get more cash for ur tank building

#30 iGeTRiCH

iGeTRiCH

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:19 AM

on cs i go

u ever think about the rush bfore u go 4 miners out of the war factory? your bo sounds more like a 1v1 heck game bo

me i go power barraks ref war fac 2 miners then bout 4 tanks 2 refs then 2nd war fac then make another ref but dont forget 2 stretch 2 closest ore 2 get more cash for ur tank building

#31 jaggajatt4by4

jaggajatt4by4

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:53 PM

AfTeR 6 miners u can build another war :p :-)

#32 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:03 AM

u should specify if its 1 v 1 or 2v2 and also which game its for cuz theres a big difference...

#33 AntiSocialMunky

AntiSocialMunky

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:58 PM

If it's a tiny map like Dune Patrol, you can jsut sell your MCV after your 2nd ref and 4 miners because you don't need funds to make buildings.

#34 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:10 AM

If it's a tiny map like Dune Patrol, you can jsut sell your MCV after your 2nd ref and 4 miners because you don't need funds to make buildings.

Good to sell after 2 miners especially as allies. Then u have money for rocks which leads to the all famous rock,para,tank rush ....

#35 Sporksrul

Sporksrul

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:42 AM

Good advice for YR economy (Allied):

Part of the reason noobs are noobs, is because they do not understand basic economy for allied, the most commonly used side in this game. They run out of money, never build an army, and by the time the oppenent is ready to attack, they are still trying to get money, so here is some advice:

Cash!: Build a war factory before a airforce always, because the war factory can be building miners while you build your airforce. You can have anywear from 2-8 miners with one ore rifinery, but the lower the ratio, the less block up you get. (when your ore miners stack up in front of the ore refinery) so try to get about 10 miners and a couple refineries, and you should have a steady flow of cash. If you see it getting low (hopefully you don't wait till your at 1000 credits), around 10,000 credits, you could boost the cash flow by making 5 more miners and an ore refinery.

Gaurd Towers!: (prism towers, pill boxes, ect..)
These towers may be effective against programmed cpus, but the people you play against are smart enough to use something that has a greater range, such as V3s or Prism Tanks, so instead of guarding you base with those towers, guard with long range moveable units.

Build an army!: If you sit there the whole game just wating to be attacked, it'll happen, so make an army (as early as you can)!

Effectivness!: If you are facing a soviet, DON'T SEND ROCETEERS (however you spell that)!!!! They have flak, and flak can shoot down roceteers faster than you can run upstairs and hug your mamma  :lol: ! If you are facing and ally, feel free to send over a roceteer army! the only good defense allies have against those are agies (Go agies!) and other roceteers.

Army sizes!: When I say army, I don't mean 5 guys, ok? And infantry armies (such as roceteers) need to be even bigger than tank armies!

Spies!: Don't let spies get into your base! If your enemy gets spies in your base, and you don't get any in his, well all I can say is that you might as well quit.

Not dieing early in the game!: there are 2 ways to do this:
-Play in a game that has the rule no rush ( this might not work because not all players are trustworthy not to rush)
-Build a service depot fairly early so if your enemie(s) come in with harriers or black eagles and destroy your conyard, you can build a new one!

How to unally and really: If you ever need to send spies or engineers into your allies base, know how to do this!

Click on the button to the left of the options button. There are circles next to every persons name. If the circle is black, they are enemies, if the circle is orange, they are you allies. To offer an alliance to an enemy (or former friend) click on their black circle (do not click again, this may take a few seconds, especially if the game is laggy), and it should turn half orange. If they click on the circle too, you will become allied. If you want to declare war on someone (unally), click on the orange circle next to their name.

Sorry if some of this doesn't fit under economy, but it should help the new players become better at the overall game with the allied side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, reading what I said... disregard all of it. I said Allies are the most used side in the game? wtf...

#36 TehKris

TehKris

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • XWIS Name: UrmyNeXT

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:44 AM

ehm u know u wrote that 3 times, lol.

Anyways, NEVER build more than 2 ore tanks from war factory. Then u guarantee looses. most players buy 2, but on smaller maps 1 is enuff. Also, if u gonna rush, then u have to rush. Building 1 war factroy, then 5 tanks then attack will surely make u loose.

build 2 war factory, then tanks, then sell yard, then u attack when u don't have more money(normally almost 10 tanks). This must only be done on smaller distances, like if someone get lame start on heck, for instance middle right/bottom right vs top right, then u rush. always works if ur enemy has scouted your base. then it fails.

#37 Physical

Physical

rijst.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2252 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:49 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id sell after radar

#38 W0nNaPl4y

W0nNaPl4y

Colonel

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6954 posts
  • XWIS Name: W0nNaPl4y

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:40 PM

id sell after radar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cause yuor new!!!111

#39 thalanoob

thalanoob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

make sure u got your ref looking at gold then the miners dont drive around the ref and can mining faster and do this 5 miners 2 war make sure u got at leas t2 ore fields if u have 5 miners on 1 ore field your gold is fast out sett 2 or 3 on each gold field 7 miners is 3 war 9 miners is 4 war 11 is 5 miners and dont make air defence if your enemy ha no air units :p tip for all newbs and build with letter q,d and if u play sea map make sure u got much miners and much tanks and much roketeers if u are alied side and own the land see and air build not 1000000 battle labs but as fast as u can tanks and naval and **** dont wait until u losed dont engi its for newbs

#40 TehKris

TehKris

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • XWIS Name: UrmyNeXT

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

bump ftw

#41 bbbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbbb

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

NEVER build more than 2 ore tanks from war factory. Then u guarantee loses.

depends what country you are using, map your playing, and how your opponont plays(see a connection? thats right it all depends, doesn't matter to me as I never built two miners at the same time.)

most players buy 2, but on smaller maps 1 is enuff. Also, if  u gonna rush, then u have to rush. Building 1 war factroy, then 5 tanks then attack will surely make u loose.
again depending on what is happening.
build 2 war factory, then tanks, then sell yard, then u attack when u don't have more money(normally almost 10 tanks). This must only be done on smaller distances, like if someone get lame start on heck, for instance middle right/bottom right vs  top right, then u rush. always works if ur enemy has scouted your base. then it fails.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

answered above,

As for my own advice on building plan, it differs from map to map.
I'l use canyonfodder as its a nice small map and Ore domination makes a big difference in your economy that and the fact I just finished playing a round on it :p (I play as USA btw). first thing first, check which of the three spawning areas you start with. (I usually start on the left)

The second you can deploy your MCV
-built powerplant
-barracks(perhaps a few rocketeers)
-ore refinery
-the airfield (more for the radar then for the free infantry)
-warfactory, I usually take care of one or two of thier oreminers at this time.(they usually send thier miners to the middle with out back up, cause they are scared of a sudden rush. And want the precious multicolor ore)
-built one miner
-two tanks, perhaps some more rocketeers to help defend against rushes or paradrops to the back of your base.
-another miner
-two other tanks (if your hit and runs on thier miners were succesfull you have 6/8 tanks in your base. use the rocketeers/GI's on cliffs to scare away thier 'wrath of tanks' or just lure them into your trap which ever floats your boat. )

While the other teams are wasting thier money, rebuilding thier miners and buying AntiAir units to counter your rocketeers. you buy a battle lab and depending on your remaining money you buy either a gap generator, so they don't see your base. or reinforce your army with tanks, if all go's as planned you can do both.

Whoops, my post is more looking like a strategy for canyon fodder then a economy thing, still This strategy i use the most. I found (and still find) it very usefull.

have fun, and goodluck.

#42 Raptor

Raptor

Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2223 posts
  • XWIS Name: Av3nGeR

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

answered above,

I'l use canyonfodder as its a nice small map and Ore domination makes a big difference in your economy that and the fact I just finished playing a round on it :p (I play as USA btw). first thing first, check which of the  three spawning areas you start with. (I usually start on the left)

-built powerplant
-barracks(perhaps a few rocketeers) cannot build w/o airforce command
-ore refinery
-the airfield (more for the radar then for the free infantry)free infantry?
-warfactory, I usually take care of one or two of thier oreminers at this time.(they usually send thier miners to the middle with out back up, cause they are scared of a sudden rush. And want the precious multicolor ore)
-built one miner
-two tanks, perhaps some more rocketeers to help defend against rushes or paradrops to the back of your base.
-another miner
-two other tanks (if your hit and runs on thier miners were succesfull you have 6/8 tanks in your base. use the rocketeers/GI's on cliffs to scare away thier 'wrath of tanks' or just lure them into your trap which ever floats your boat. )

While the other teams are wasting thier money, rebuilding thier miners and buying AntiAir units to counter your rocketeers. you buy a battle lab and depending on your remaining money you buy either a gap generator, so they don't see your base. or reinforce your army with tanks, if all go's as planned you can do both.

Whoops, my post is more looking like a strategy for canyon fodder then a economy thing, still This strategy i use the most. I found (and still find) it very usefull.

have fun, and goodluck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#43 bbbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbbb

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Damn your right, forgot about the airfield (before building rocketeers). yeah messed that up. and at the very beggining of my advice I stated that I usually play USA .Sorry if that caused any confusions, also built enough power plants that one or two may fall victim with out you losing power.

Edited by bbbbbbbbb, 15 March 2006 - 05:09 PM.

#44 Steeltop

Steeltop

Nuclear Power Supreme!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

Dosnt matter the money,
if you can play then you can play,
if you can own then you Own!
money for me is no big factor because i can own anybody,
exept my man Thstv75gdl he Owns!

#45 Spider786

Spider786

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

Erm, just a hint for all the new players just reading this, use the number of posts, main game, and member number next to each post, to see whose strategy you think will actually work for you.

for my own 2 cents, in most (ra2 1v1 or 2v2)) situations, i build :

>power

>B-Rax-3 dogs(2v2, only 2 dogs in 1v1) 1 to each corner of map or likely player pos(and explore)

> ore ref (to the closest ore ref),

>war fact - 1 miner (2-3 on larger maps), then if vrs allied 2 ivs and 3 tanks

> another ore ref, this one usally next to the alternative ore field near my base (remeber to strech) and distribute miners evenly, 2 per ore field/ref

> depending on what the enemys doing, if his rushing then another war fac, else i build radar

>8 tanks, more tanks if i got resourcs

> tech up, or if the time is right attack

feel free to pick my bo apart, ;)

Edited by Spider786, 27 April 2006 - 02:33 PM.

#46 Jor

Jor

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3797 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

answered above,

I'l use canyonfodder as its a nice small map and Ore domination makes a big difference in your economy that and the fact I just finished playing a round on it :p (I play as USA btw). first thing first, check which of the  three spawning areas you start with. (I usually start on the left)

-built powerplant
-barracks(perhaps a few rocketeers)
-ore refinery
-the airfield (more for the radar then for the free infantry)
-built one miner
-another miner

have fun, and goodluck.

View Post

worst BO ever seen :dry:
st of all: never but never build a miner first then 4 example 2 tanks and then another miner. If u go 2 miner make them in beginning not after ur tanks.
-always the allied player is $200 behind in build speed.(pp allied is 200 more expensive)+ur 1000 behind cuz u make airport first+ ur 1400 behind cuz of build miner. 1000+200+1400=2600 this means a sov almost has 3 tanks when u start to build ur first tank (when im sov on cf and im not left i sell mcv n 2 miner so dont need to make miner) wich means ur dead with some fodder of mine.
y the hell go 2 miner from war on such a small map vs sov. this means ur a deadman.

#47 armin

armin

^ thats me owning marco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • XWIS Name: -

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

i never use miner control, should start with it.You just need to let ur miners work closer by ref and click at ref?

#48 Kindergarten

Kindergarten

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3999 posts
  • XWIS Name: 1

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

How many ore ref should u hav before building heaps of tanks?

#49 truefeel

truefeel

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

you should begin with it after your first ore refinery and ore miner (if you don't go 0 miners). You do interrupt it though when you're about to go low credits.

#50 Crysis

Crysis

EaTT PRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:24 AM

4 miners are 2 many 2 would b good or mayb 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users