Photo

Ra2 is dead on xwis ,time to do something ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Why not merge with cncnet ?

Or maybe its time to pull the plug ?

Its a fact that when cncnet support the game with ladder etc(xwis support is dead for a long time)the ra2 xwis players all moved to cncnet.

Tim edd zain lego and lot more players moved.

Olaf u have the power to save ra2 and thats the game u love ,dont u ?even if u dont play the game no more, do it for the players who donated and supported ur server for such a long time.

They putted a lot of time in it coz they love the game,and ur server.

Je ziet toch dat dit nooit meer beter word?

Kijk je bent altijd al een erg koppig persoon(bail regels ladder etc.),dat weet iedereen,maar kom op man.

Dit is toch gewoon zonde ?

je ziet toch wat die gasten met yuri gedaan hebben ?yuri was zo dood als een pier en kijk nu.

Cncnet zal nooit ra2 supporten zolang jou server er is,uit respect neem ik aan, dus de bal ligt bij jou.

Maja het zal je waarschijnlijk wel weer een worst zijn.

#2 ProudPAKISTANI

ProudPAKISTANI

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

Or maybe its time to pull the plug ?

Its a fact that when cncnet support the game with ladder etc(xwis support is dead for a long time)the ra2 xwis players all moved to cncnet.

Tim edd zain lego and lot more players moved.

Olaf u have the power to save ra2 and thats the game u love ,dont u ?even if u dont play the game no more, do it for the players who donated and supported ur server for such a long time.

They putted a lot of time in it coz they love the game,and ur server.

Je ziet toch dat dit nooit meer beter word?

Kijk je bent altijd al een erg koppig persoon(bail regels ladder etc.),dat weet iedereen,maar kom op man.

Dit is toch gewoon zonde ?

je ziet toch wat die gasten met yuri gedaan hebben ?yuri was zo dood als een pier en kijk nu.

Cncnet zal nooit ra2 supporten zolang jou server er is,uit respect neem ik aan, dus de bal ligt bij jou.

Maja het zal je waarschijnlijk wel weer een worst zijn.

What can olaf do ?

I think cncnet devs don't want to hurt olaf by supporting original ra2 that's why they are not working on vanilla ra2 when they know the demand of vanilla ra2 is too much in past years.. 

#3 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

#4 ProudPAKISTANI

ProudPAKISTANI

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

i don't know technically even if its possible or not. 

But if merge can happen it would be too good . 

#5 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:19 AM

what i heard was that grant(cncteam) talked with olaf about something like this ,but  olaf ............................

#6 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

A merge will not work was the outcome of the talks/noone really knew what it would look like, at least that was the short of it.

Edited by NeoGrant, 05 September 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#7 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

So let ra2 die  is the solution ?

Grant go and plz support ra2 on ur server,its a to cool game to let it die man :(

#8 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Not sure why there can't be a solution. XWIS/Olaf have no bargaining power as no one plays on their server except the 15-20 die hard Ra2 players that play QM/Tourney games against each other and CNCNet only has one main issue (No real Red Alert 2 option/ladder). It should be what XWIS can do to help CNCNet as it relates to making the game even more accessible and mainly getting Red Alert 2 up and running on CNCNet. Olaf would then be able to finally turn off his attention here after some 10++ years of service and direct players to CNCNet. Boom. one big family again. 

#9 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Amen !! Preppie !!

AMEN !!

#10 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:53 PM

Maybe Olaf just doesn't want to lose the control he has over XWIS/RA2s server? - It'd be nice to see the server being used through RA2s Internet function again instead of the players and games being on some IRC/GameSpy-like client for chatting and joining games. I miss the way we used to be able to chat within the game lobbies and joining/creating games WITHIN RA2 itself. Not some desktop client.

#11 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

Maybe Olaf just doesn't want to lose the control he has over XWIS/RA2s server? - It'd be nice to see the server being used through RA2s Internet function again instead of the players and games being on some IRC/GameSpy-like client for chatting and joining games. I miss the way we used to be able to chat within the game lobbies and joining/creating games WITHIN RA2 itself. Not some desktop client.

That's nice and all, and I sure miss it too, but that time is long long gone. It just isn't going to happen again. There is no 'control' anymore, there's no one left to control i.e. there's no bargaining power left. No one plays here. 

The only 'nail' that is left for the coffin is a capable version of Red Alert 2 and a Red Alert 2 ladder. I guess it'd be real nice if there was some sort of clan ladder as well. With those two things, we'd get another 2 years of fun games out of CNC Ra2/YR with potential for more. I think those are two areas that if Olaf wanted more work, he'd be able to help, but from all the stories of the past, I don't think his ego would let it fly. But heh, I don't know him. I'd just urge him to go in that direction if he or anyone wanted to help push this beautiful game further. 

#12 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:15 AM

cncnet quick match is not very active atm,don't know why,but it sux.

i think people prefer ra2 above yuri,coz of the yuri faction,and  when ra2 will be put into cnc QM,the activty will get a boost and new players will stay also.

#13 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

CncNet runs on P2P. Doesn't Xwis run on a dedicated server? This, the clan system, and badges is what Xwis can offer to get CnCNet to its full potential. The CnCNet client already has Ra2 functionality. The rest we definitely could use. I say merge away. 

Edited by Alb3rt, 17 September 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#14 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

With a few other players i only play on XWIS, playing 1-3 series a few times each week vs a good player is good enough for me!

I just looked on the CnCnet forum/Ladder, it seems to me the majority of the  players overthere just prefer (private)FFG games, The Tiberiun sun and Ra1 ladder looks 'dead', Yuri ladder also not much activity going on
Adding Ra2 ladder won't be helping much, everyone gets older, different priorities and i don't see new players come and have the patience too invest time and learn to be good on this old game, especially when you have some toxic players hanging around on CnC

Putting all these CnC games/services under one umbrella would be nice tho!!

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:51 AM

The problem with xwis = when u used to cncet its  the lag on xwis what can be frustrating,and lets talk about the problems with internet providers/connection problems,ey how many players do u think this has cost the ra2 community?

The problem with cncnet is that its the yuri game with yuri faction,and damn the QM is dead at this moment.

If there was 1 server that supports RA2 without any lag,and good support,it would be huge,like people like itsam(good for 200/300 game a month) josh,peachy and that hanene guy and cuple of other's like MFDOOM etc.(All good for gg's a month and lots of games extra).

But eyyyyy ............

Edited by Showtime, 29 September 2018 - 02:54 AM.

#16 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:12 AM

The problem with xwis = when u used to cncet its  the lag on xwis what can be frustrating,and lets talk about the problems with internet providers/connection problems,ey how many players do u think this has cost the ra2 community?

The problem with cncnet is that its the yuri game with yuri faction,and damn the QM is dead at this moment.

If there was 1 server that supports RA2 without any lag,and good support,it would be huge,like people like itsam(good for 200/300 game a month) josh,peachy and that hanene guy and cuple of other's like MFDOOM etc.(All good for gg's a month and lots of games extra).

But eyyyyy ............

Xwis has had very dedicated and skilled members. I apologize for forgetting to mention this. No doubt, you guys are the most important thing about this community.

Edited by Alb3rt, 29 September 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#17 iOS10

iOS10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

I think Olaf has more important things than a Red Alert  2. He is a big man, he needs to think about the family and where to make money, and not about games. The best times of this game 2005-2010, the time is not back. Well still it is necessary to say thank you to those people who killed activity on this server, such as neogran and srilex

#18 Integritate

Integritate

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

I think Olaf has more important things than a Red Alert  2. He is a big man, he needs to think about the family and where to make money, and not about games. The best times of this game 2005-2010, the time is not back. Well still it is necessary to say thank you to those people who killed activity on this server, such as neogran and srilex

How did neo and SiRaLeX kill the activity on XWIS? Lol

#19 iOS10

iOS10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:43 AM

How did neo and SiRaLeX kill the activity on XWIS? Lol

I afraid you know about this more than me, anyway if some one dont know:
In the first about IgnoRAnT, he was always a fan of Yuri, but few people played this add-on, so he hated the community and conducted bad management, banning active players and many more garbage, then he separated himself at cncnet.org and started building it there his own comunity.
About the second SHIT=ALEX, the second did cheats and killed an fair play, a pathetic hypocrite. Enough said.

#20 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

I think Olaf has more important things than a Red Alert  2.>--- if this is true why dont he do all he can to give it (sell it) to some 1 who does care ?

#21 iOS10

iOS10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

I think Olaf has more important things than a Red Alert  2.>--- if this is true why dont he do all he can to give it (sell it) to some 1 who does care ?

He care, but not have a lot time like in 2005. And I do not see worthy people whom he can transfer (sell) XWIS. And it's silly to sell XWIS

#22 TAK02

TAK02

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • XWIS Name: TAK02

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:59 PM

He care, but not have a lot time like in 2005. And I do not see worthy people whom he can transfer (sell) XWIS. And it's silly to sell XWIS

There's the guys handling CnCNet client.

Frankly, I see a brighter future for this game if Olaf and the CnCNet guys were to work together, or, if Olaf is too busy to deal with it, transfer XWIS to CnCNet staff.
I can confirm XWIS's EXEs and files works with the CnCNet client perfectly. And yes, I tested online play. In fact, it wouldn't even have been possible for me to play online at all without XWIS, even with CnCNet.

#23 iOS10

iOS10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

There's the guys handling CnCNet client.

Frankly, I see a brighter future for this game if Olaf and the CnCNet guys were to work together, or, if Olaf is too busy to deal with it, transfer XWIS to CnCNet staff.
I can confirm XWIS's EXEs and files works with the CnCNet client perfectly. And yes, I tested online play. In fact, it wouldn't even have been possible for me to play online at all without XWIS, even with CnCNet.

I don't trust Fanky on 100 percent

#24 TAK02

TAK02

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • XWIS Name: TAK02

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Why? And if you don't trust Funky/Fanky, then who do you trust of the C&C community? Olaf himself?

Do forgive me if I sounded... rude, but I don't see why Olaf can be trusted and not the CnCNet staff.

(Especially if I sent Olaf a PM which he still hasn't answered to...)

#25 iOS10

iOS10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:00 PM

Why? And if you don't trust Funky/Fanky, then who do you trust of the C&C community? Olaf himself?

Do forgive me if I sounded... rude, but I don't see why Olaf can be trusted and not the CnCNet staff.

(Especially if I sent Olaf a PM which he still hasn't answered to...)

I don't know much about Funky, I just know that he loves Donald Duck  :laugh:

Olaf PM work ? I think he answer  only on email 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users