9 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaVillain

AlphaVillain

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

I bought a Red Alert 2 serial from this site and it activated my account, but I don't know the actual serial number. How can I retrieve it? Thanks!

#2 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

Your serial number will be automatically linked with your nick once you create it in your Game Account. All you need is your nick and supplied password and you're good to go. Launch the game, go to "Internet -> Custom Match" and it'll ask for your login information.

EDIT: Assuming you've downloaded the multiplayer XWIS version from the Downloads link.

Edited by NSanityHD, 27 December 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#3 AlphaVillain

AlphaVillain

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

I can play on xwis, but I would like my serial number. I should be able to use it anywhere.

#4 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Within 24 hours you mostly get one.

Just wait, or do it with the information posted in post # 2. You can reset your serial number at any time in your game account.

Your serial number is the same as "Game Password" showed in your game account.

#5 AlphaVillain

AlphaVillain

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

It's not my password. A serial number for RA2 is a long string of numbers. The auto-generated password is shorter and contains letters. From what I can understand by now, the site is not actually selling me a serial number, just the right to play on XWIS, but the buy button clearly says "Buy serial". Very nice false advertising. Considering there are usually 3-5 players in the lobby playing ridiculous rules like short game and superweapons, I can shove this right up my ass.

#6 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

So where else do u want to play? Its free everywhere else to play. U can play anywhere u want so no problems.

#7 AlphaVillain

AlphaVillain

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

cncnet.org requires a serial.

So what you're saying is it's free everywhere else except here? That's a strong argument for taking my money for nothing. /sarcasm

Right now, there are 6 players online on xwis on RA2 and 131 on cncnet. I wonder where else I'd like to play.

Edited by AlphaVillain, 28 December 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#8 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

I sent you a PM. Let's sort this out.

#9 AlphaVillain

AlphaVillain

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thanks! That's surprisingly friendly of you, considering the moderate raging from my last 2 posts. :D

#10 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

The game didn't used to be free at all anywhere. Before or after online play was moved from WOL to XWIS and STs moderation takeover from Westwood / EA. Come to think of it, you weren't able to "purchase" directly from ST/XWIS back in the day regardless as all you had to do was create your nick in-game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users