Photo

Tournament Games not appearing? (It's been a while)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hey,

Been playing a few games with an old friend tonight after about 10 years away from the game, had a few issues getting it up and running ('unable to connect' issues) but eventually had some success playing quick matches against each other as it seemed to connect us to each other on the second or third attempt with this method.

That said though, surely these games should appear on the 'games' section of the xwis page (http://xwis.net/ra2/games/) as they're tournament games?

My buddies just played a QM against someone else by accident (was swiftly defeated lol) and this one appeared straight away.

None of our games have appeared so far and I'm wondering if there some sort of issue with my game when it comes to sending the results to XWIS, as his one without me appeared instantly?

It's been a while since I played so apologies if there's something I need to be doing first before my games 'count'.

Cheers.

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:05 AM

What nicknames are you using

#3 Hawk

Hawk

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Hey, we are using HawkST (me) and jpdougan (him).

I am using Linux/Wine and he playing via Origin. We are both coming from the same IP - not sure if XWIS checks for this??

Thanks.

Edit* It has been a LONG TIME since I played so I may be missing something super basic - is there some sort of requirement for one of the two players to be using XCC Game Spy (?- I think that's what it was called, is that still a thing?) or something similar as 'verification' perhaps? - I notice all the games I have clicked on from the ladder have screenshots....

Edited by Hawk, 15 October 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#4 Corgi

Corgi

LeGeNd S.R.L.X          (wanna buy a vowel?)

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • XWIS Name: Doge

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

There's no requirement for XCC Game Spy.

The only requirement is that the GAMERES actually leaves your router and the contained fields have to be semi-valid. Olaf had to add validation in 2011, when I hacked the ladder: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/167842-ladder-hack-joke/

Apart from that you're not allowed to play QM's against each other from the same IPA or Serial, as QM's are ranked games. But I'm not sure that's what's stopping the stats from appearing. Go try some FFGs and see if those appear - if they don't, then you're both not actually sending the GAMERES or your firewall/whatever is dropping those one-way streams.

Edited by Corgi, 15 October 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#5 Hawk

Hawk

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hey, cheers for the help.

In the Games section (http://xwis.net/ra2/games/) should it show FFG's as well? Because we've had a few of those and none of those appear in there either.

How can I check the GAMERES things (what is this? sorry!) - would the fact I'm running Wine on Linux affect this potentially?

And what do you mean by IPA? I'm not familiar with the acronym. We both have different, valid, serial numbers so it won't be that.

Edited by Hawk, 15 October 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#6 Corgi

Corgi

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Yes, FFGs show on that page as well. The distinction between tournament and FFGs on that page is that for FFGs the player names aren't clickable links (they are white instead of blue) and the T column is empty.

You can't really easily check if GAMERES is passing through. But if stats don't appear that means for 99% sure that it is not going through.

Pretty much all you can really do is allow gamemd.exe through your Software Firewall or try disabling it for testing.

Both players send the exact same stats (GAMERESult). That means that if you're playing with someone else who does send the GAMERES that stats will appear. But apparently none of you two are sending it.

Does your IP change frequently? Like your internet keeps disconnecting? Because when your IP has changed during the game (or the GAMERES being sent over a different connection than the IRC over which the game was started) the GAMERES will be rejected as well. Do you use some kind of external IRC relay?

I know that there's other players affected by this as well. Your stats will appear just fine when playing other players (unless an evil player figures out that you're affected and disconnects you when losing, then no stats will appear obviously as you're not sending them and they will get away with it).

How can I check the GAMERES things (what is this? sorry!) - would the fact I'm running Wine on Linux affect this potentially?

The Wine part is interesting. Technically it shouldn't really affect it, but it might.

WOL GAMERES = WOL game result data

It's a bunch of key-value pairs describing how the game went in detail. How many units were built/killed/etc...

Some very incomplete technical reference (and the only thing freely available about it): http://pvpgn.wikia.com/wiki/WOL_Gameres_Packet

And what do you mean by IPA?

IPA = IP Address

Edited by Corgi, 15 October 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

Ah, I see. We are both playing from the same internet connection at the moment so perhaps it is a router issue? We have two different laptops with very different setups so I would like to think it is not two separate firewall issues (at the PC level). Our connection is pretty stable so I can't see a reason why our IP would change mid game either... I will see if there is another connection we can use (to see if it's a router issue) - thanks for your help so far.

#8 Corgi

Corgi

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, maybe try playing against each other on a friend neighbors wireless and see if stats appear.

The other thing would be hooking up a different router, if at hand, although configuring it again could be a bit tedious :p (and probably not worth the effort).

Edited by Corgi, 15 October 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

So, it appears that suggestion has fixed it!

I'm playing via a different connection and now not only are the games appearing but the 'unable to connect' issues we had (in the first post) have disappeared as well - it must be a physical issue with his router..

Cheers for the help Corgi!

Edited by Hawk, 15 October 2017 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users